Sirius, how good can the deal get? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2012, 10:01 AM
Supporting Vendor

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sirius, how good can the deal get?

LOL, these guys are nutz.

First my stupid dealer gives them my cell #. Arr, they are calling at all hours, finally I blocked them. But, they were insisting it was like $200/yr and no better deals were to be had.

Then I start getting letters, $140 ish pricing. Still, I'm not interested, frankly I think their radio stations suc. There's only 6 I could even find worth setting in memory and of those, they yap so much on the music stations I'm constantly having to switch to another.

Today I get a letter: $86

LOL.

How good can it get? Are there cheep lifetime subs too?

What have y'all been paying?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2012, 10:16 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I just went thru all this in July. I had done searches online from several forums. Cars and truck forums.

The best deal I saw others getting was the $86 one so I called Sirius and told the lady I would take the $86 deal I had seen on forums and she wrote it up. Be careful when you call, she told me 86 bucks and then had it up to 94 dollars with taxes and royalties. I told her NO, I want 86 bucks out the door and she did it.

Expect to be on the phone 20 - 30 minutes when you call. Have your radio ID ready too.

Good Luck
Old 08-23-2012, 06:07 PM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Just went through this with our 2011 ford explorer. They called and called and sent letters and emails lol. Although its really nice, we just don't use it enough to justify the price
Old 08-23-2012, 07:26 PM

I agree with you. For what's supposed to be ad free radio, there sure seems to be a lot of jibber jabber. I find I listen to my iPod the most but occasionally listen to Sirius when it's some sort of sporting event that normal radio doesn't have. Believe in Canada, there's no more lifetime subscription option. Not sure about the US.
Old 08-24-2012, 06:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

They will do 4.95/mo for 6 mos, but then after that, you need to re-negotiate.

I ended up getting them to do 88 bucks for a year. Not worth the time to call and stay on hold every 6 mos and negotiating.
Old 08-24-2012, 06:59 AM

I am the second owner of my truck, the dealer I bought it from told me I get 6 months of Sirius, then it will automatically stop. It has been 1.5 years of owning the truck and im still getting sirius radio for free.

Funny thing is, I get a letter twice a month saying how my sirius radio is expired and I need to renew it at the "low yearly price". I havent been getting charged for any of it. Whats weird though is on the letter, they have my vin number and vehicle description right. Why would it still work, and im not paying for it, yet they say its been expired for the past yearish. I dont think I will be calling sirius or the dealer to question this....
Old 08-24-2012, 07:03 AM

After having sat radio for the last 7 years I cant stand regular radio. I just wish the had like a TV guide type of thing that would tell me what is on and when. But between the NFL,NASCAR,FOXNEWS,CNN and HOWAR 100/101 I listen upwards of 65 hours a week. Get in the wifes car and I cant find anything to listen to. But be carefull of the LIFETIME subscription. Its the lifetime of the radio that you have at the time that you buy the subscription. Not your lifetime. My first radio lasted 3 months,second 5 years.......
Old 08-26-2012, 10:25 AM

My wifes car expired a little while back.. I got all the letters then one phone call asking me to get it at the best ever low price. I said no thanks.
Now I got my new truck a month ago and the dealer gave me a card and told me I can activate it when Im ready. Just the other day I turned over to Serius and I have it?? Not sure why since I never called them and I know the dealer didnt either. It's interesting. I think this time I'll wait for a phone call and tell them I can do it for $10 a year just to see what they will say. I don't even have cable T.V. so i don't see a reason to pay for radio
Old 08-26-2012, 11:22 AM
Don't you worry about it

I used to have it but cancelled it and now listen to pandora on my phone.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:51 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I got the lifetime bout 6 years ago for like $110. My has carried over to 2 different radios.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.