Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Wifey surprise

8K views 53 replies 19 participants last post by  Doonz 
#1 ·
Well guys,

This morning my wife dropped a bomb on me... We had been planning to get her a van within the next month and Myself a New F-350 (replacing my 09 F-150 due to weight of trailer and atv's) She had been very set on getting herself the new van. This morning she said "I really like your truck that you have now. I think I'm going to drive it instead of getting the Van". Needles to say i was pleased as the truck is paid off. Then comes the surprise, She says "Why dont you get your diesel now?"

IM LIKE WOMAN MARRY ME AGAIN...

Ok so now im in a pickle. Do i go with a 2012 or wait for the 2013? Or wait for the 2013 and then get the 12?

My Specs for the truck will be.

F-350 CC 4X4 LB Diesel 6.7

uggg what to do...

#3 ·
Haha,

Does Carli suspension offer any 2012 kits? (or is the 11 kit for) the 2012?

#4 ·
If you buy a 2012 now, in 3 months it will be considered a year old. You might save 3k buying a 12, but unless you plan on keeping the truck for a long time (5+ years) your best money is on a 13.

#7 ·
Honestly I was going to be buying this truck until Jan Next year any how. I think i may just order a 2013 and get everything exactly the way I want

#8 ·
Wait and order a '13 with exactly what you want, then keep her for ever. imo.:)

#11 ·
Glad to see you got the CC with back seat. A good woman like yours will enjoy that if you use it right (wink).

I suggest you rat hole $400 - $500 and surprise her with a nice piece of jewelry the day you bring the new truck home. Show some love back for the sacrifice she gave you.

I have been married ONCE to my high school sweetheart for 43 years next month. They never forget the small things you do. Just sayin

#14 ·
Congrats on the surprise! I'd be down at the dealer the first day they let you order a '13 if they haven't started yet. And as said above make sure you get her a gift too for letting you get the truck of your dreams.

#17 ·
Depends where you are if you can get a deal on 12s..... We have a lot of shale work etc around here. These trucks seem to go quick. I am not seeing deals on 12s at all. If I had that green light, I would order one exactly how I wanted it!

#18 ·
Hey guys,

Im not ignoring this thread just stuck working on night shift ;)

So an update:

My wife is super excited to have the F-150. So i sent he shopping today. Well the pick out the tonneau cover she liked
Pace-Edwards Full-Metal JackRabbit Spring-Action Retractable Tonneau Cover
Then I showed her a few links to other truck parts. She now wants the led lighting in the box. She wants spray in bedliner instead of the plastic insert. She also wants me to upgrade the stereo to a full blow nav system with sub box.

Yes my wife is amazing, She already was going to phoenix for 3 weeks with my daughter since im going to be stuck working. Maybe something shiny i shall buy her....

But yeah as for the truck Im going to wait a see the 2013 and may just order one of them.

#21 ·
Depends on the incentives. Right now, in Canada, there's employee pricing and delivery allowance incentives that are totaling about $15,000+/- off of 2012 models. If you can find one that has most of what you're looking for, there are dealer installed options that they can install for you. It definitely wouldn't hurt to start looking now. If you can't find a 2012, you can order the 2013 but you won't get the incentives until the end of the year. Who knows, you might find that 2012 in the back corner on some dealership's lot that's exactly what you want. The compromise on some optional equipment might be worth saving a few pennies. This is also advantageous to you as the dealership wants to sell what they have on the lot so you have more negotiating room if it isn't exactly what you want.

#22 ·
Yeah its not going to hurt me to find out what i can get on the 2012. I have sent in a request to a dealership so I will wait and see what they come back with.

Here's my build

Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited

#23 ·
Here's a question for you guys,

IM looking at putting a Backcountry 2.0 lift kit in. What kind of air bags could i go with ??

#24 ·
Carli's new long travel bag kit should be ready very soon. I run the Dodge version on my 2010 Ram 2500 and it works awesome. I sell a lot of them for the Dodge and soon the Ford guys will be able to enjoy them.

I'm not sure what the finance deals are up there but I may end up replacing my 08 F350 with a 2012. I was going to order a 2013 but they announced a lot of incentives recently as well as 0% financing for 60 mos.

#27 ·
Well heard back from the dealership today.

The way I want my truck there is only 5 in alberta. Apparently Long boxes aren't popular.

But what i was offered was sticker 75k down to 59k

#28 ·
Woodridge has some F350s in transport. Believe they're duallies though. Still have some time to get a 2012 as the 2013 won't be here until November. $15,000 off sticker is standard. That's the Ford Employee pricing and the delivery allowance incentive. Not a bad deal but there's still some wiggle room. Also, when you buy your 6.7, get the maintenance package on it. Well worth it.

#31 ·
Oil, filter, tire rotation, and fluids top-off, including DEF, runs $154 OTD here in Vegas. They do it while you wait around 50 - 60 minutes.

#32 ·
Well guys Im getting Excited. Just hoping the Dealer can find me a truck in the color i want (Silver or Dark Blue)

Fingers crossed!!!

#33 ·
Well Guys,

It's Official. I am now the PROUD owner of a

2012 6.7 CC LB 4X4!!!!!!!

Got 22k in rebates/discounts from the dealer/ford.

78k Sticker
56k All done

Now just have to wait until Sept 5 to pick her up !!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.