Truck Price Evaluation Help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2012, 09:28 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Truck Price Evaluation Help

What do you think of this truck I'm looking to buy this week?

2011 King Ranch F-250 4x4 FX4 - Fully Optioned, Nav, SunRoof, 3.55 E-Lock. 20,000 Miles. In virtually new condition. Clean Oasis Report and Car Fax. Some nice after market items that I would add anyway so they hold value to me: Readylift leveling front, Tool Box, Iron Cross Bumper, 17,500 Winch, 35" Mickey Thompson ATZ's. Comes with a Bully Dog GT (Not Installed, which I'll probably sell for H&S). Any concerns on the 2011 turbo issues?

A couple pictures are attached.

Looking at $42k right now. I think its a pretty solid deal versus going new, what's your take?

Thank you in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Truck Price Evaluation Help-frontangle.jpg   Truck Price Evaluation Help-front2.jpg   Truck Price Evaluation Help-dash.jpg   Truck Price Evaluation Help-bed.jpg  
Attached Images

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2012, 09:32 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i know that you can get a brand new 2012 lariat with less than 100 miles on it for the same price right now but you wont have mud tires and a big bumper lol you will have 20k less miles and 1 more year of warranty and a few less options. i am no 6.7 expert but thats just my 2 cents. either way if you do pick that truck it is a damn good lookin truck.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:41 AM

Thanks. Yes, I have a fleet dealer that I work with for our work trucks and I can get Invoice plus rebates on all new trucks through them. This truck as a 2012 would by a $64k sticker, which I could get for $55k + TTL, which would be ~$61k/OTD. I'd have to add about $4k in extras to get me to the same spot. So its $15-20k savings vs going new. I'm riding the fence on this one. It is sweet looking though.

I've never owned a black truck....Anyone regret getting black?
Old 08-21-2012, 03:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

SoCal66, $61k OTD doesn't seem like a deal for a $64k truck. I've read a few threads of guy's getting in the low to mid $50k OTD on these trucks. Am I mistaken. I ordered a '12 that I should see this week. Sticker is $64k, I'm not planning on spending more than $55k OTD. I was told i should be able to get $10k to $12k off the MSRP. If my maths correct I should save more than $3000 OTD.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:49 PM

I believe the Invoice on a KR is a little more than for a Lariat even with the same MSRP. You can build them both on Edmunds.com or pay for a price report on Consumer Reports to get the facts. I don't see you getting much better than $10-12K off, and then add TTL. This all depends on rebates. And then, you need to weigh rebates vs possibility of better finance rates/etc.

I think it's rare to see a $64K truck go OTD for 55K. If so, they are playing with a trade or otherwise to drop taxes lower. Or, a really hungry dealer who is willing to give up holdback. I negotiated invoice (confirmed with consumer reports) - $4000 in rebates on mine. My two cents.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:34 PM

I just got a 2012 Fully loaded Lariat with all the options (towing package,chrome package,navigation,you name it) F-350 Dually for $57,111 Sticker price was $64,111 Now I did get $24,000 off for a trade in as well.. I had no plan on getting one really but when they showed me what they would give me for my 06 dually it got my gears turning in my head.

If i were you I'd just go with a new one... No real reason,but its better if you put the miles on it instead of someone else. You never know how those 20,000 miles were put on

I love black,but I had one Chevy truck one time that changed my mind from it. It always looked durty. if you get even into the smallest rain shower your truck will look BLAH. It shows little scratches 10 times more then any lighter color does. just my 2 cents
Old 08-21-2012, 06:42 PM

ucpa111, what I was confused about on my previous reply is how you get $10K to $12K off MSRP and with TTL this shouldn't take you back up to $61K. Unless like I had said, my math is wrong. Also, on another thread I posted called "Pricing on Ordered Trucks", someone on page 4 said he ordered a $61K truck and they are selling to him for $50k OTD. Now that seems hard to believe. I read so many different things about pricing, I'm not sure whose correct.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:13 AM

My XLT went for about $11,500 under MSRP. I did have a trade-in to lower the taxable amount, a savings of roughly $1,300, negotiated a price slightly under invoice on my truck, plus $6,000 in rebates. If I were purchasing a vehicle that was $11,000 more than my XLT, I would fully expect the savings to scale appropriately. It's all a money game when buying new, play it at the right time and you can get some good deals.

Is the $42k price OTD for the KR you're looking at?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.