Time to start some mods - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2012, 10:31 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Time to start some mods

Well after owning this truck for a few months I've finally decided to do some more serious mods. I have a bunch of little things done, such as recon projectors, rears, side, and 3rd brake lights. Ddm HIDs for highs, lows, and fogs. A 10" led light bar and research amp steps.

*Just a side note for those projectors: they are a real pain in the *** to adjust. Much harder than factory, you have to remove the entire headlight, unless someone knows of an easier way! And without HIDs in them they are dimmer than stock headlights.

I also just put on 20x10 rims the other day and was like damn, no room for a mudflap. The only solution? 6" 4link skyjacker lift with MX6 shocks of course! Might as well get some bushwackers as well. Spray them with rhino guard to match my headache rack, you betcha. 5" Afe turbo back, h & s mini with blend mount, and Block off plates. Heck yes! Everything is ordered and should be expecting things to arrive in the next 1-3 weeks as it takes longer to get things up to northern Alberta. Also finding time to install or getting things installed may be tricky as my work schedule is kind of hectic.

I did want to ask if anyone has used the procomp traction bars? Any thoughts, reviews? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2012, 01:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Are those the new Recon Projectors with the CCFL Lights? Cause Recon claims better clarity with those than stock. Truck looks awesome by the way! I have a 250 with all the recon stuff except the headlights.
Old 08-05-2012, 02:56 PM

These headlights are the model before the ccfl halos. So as far as I know they just upgraded the halo LEDs. I can see why because the halos are not that bright on the set of lights that I have. As far as being clearer, I'm not sure, unless they changed something with the actual projector lenses, because when I first put them on I found the lights much worse than stock. If I didn't upgrade to HIDs I probably wouldn't have kept the lights due to how poor they actually perform. So I def recommend HIDs if you are getting these lights, if you do, DDM tuning has retardly cheap HIDs and a lifetime ballast warranty. I'm pretty sure someone did a write up about these headlights a while ago and they also did not like how much dimmer his headlights became.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:16 PM

Call Trevor at PMF and get a set of his traction bars. I have their drag link and track bar on my truck. Will be getting his traction bars once I get a lift. He shipped it USPS to me so there was no brokerage/duty on the two packages. Shipping was pretty quick from Arizona to Alberta. By the way, nice truck.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:18 PM

Thanks. And I will def look into that, because from what I seen the cost of shipping and brokerage for the TGC traction bars is pretty costly.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:33 PM

To be honest with you, I was not one bit impressed with TGC. Ordered my dual steering stabilizer from them on July 17. It was $310 USD. Shipping via UPS added an additional $56.49 USD. The scheduled delivery was for July 25. That date came and went. Got it July 31. From UPS' website, it wasn't held up in customs/brokerage or anything. There was a delay from when I ordered the stabilizer from TGC to when it was picked up by UPS. Not only was the shipping slow, I got slapped with $63 in brokerage fees from UPS. Trevor was a great person to deal with when I bought my parts from him.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:01 PM

I have the Pro Comp traction bars and am more than satisfied with them. For the money, they would be hard to beat. They look great and work just as they should.

One thing though, the rear hinge for the AMP steps had to be relocated forward about 10" and new holes drilled in the cab to mount the hinge. The rear hinge is directly in line with the Pro Comp front mount for the traction bars.

Not sure if different brands of traction bars have front mounts in different places or what. Might be better off to spend more and get a set from PMF?
Old 10-17-2012, 03:11 PM

Well after working the last 2 months strait I finally found the time to install my mini maxx. Went with the blend mount and I am very happy with how easy it was to install. Although I currently don't have the chip wired to an ignition source because after an hour of trying to get that fuse box cover off I gave up. Haha. Anyone have any suggestions/tips on how to get this cover off? Or another way to wire it besides using an upfitter?

I haven't been able to get the time to get the truck in for the exhaust, but even with the dpf on tunes it puts a smile to my face! Can't wait to get that exhaust in!
Old 10-17-2012, 04:22 PM

Oh by get the cover off I meant that I can get the cover off, I just can't weasel the cover out of there so I can get to the fuse.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:05 PM

The TGC tracbars are great. The UPS deal sucks. Mine came out too $1000 shipped to my house when I ordered them. Probably upgrade my 4 link to the TGC 4link when I've got some extra cash kickin around. Wonggo where in Alberta are you? Also I got my Duratracs installed

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.