My first post here! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2012, 10:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Talking My first post here!

I jumped ship. My dodge has been a great truck however I am fed up with my 2500 at this point. I have been chasing down front end issues since it had 30k miles on it. I fought with the A/C door. had to replace the u joints at 100k. the interior is well, lets face it. Crap. I have had charging issues lately and have had the trans out and rebuilt 4 times since July of 2011 and now the overdrive is out.

I do have 230k miles on it and the engine is solid as hell. It is a very strong running truck but at this point, it is in the driveway with no overdrive, bad ball joints, a crappy A/C.

So I pulled the trigger on a new truck on sat. After a ton of research and driving two half ton trucks for two days each, I bought the 6.7 ltr F250.

It was tough, I love the cummins. the 2012 laramie has a incredible interior. Prettier than the ford! I actually like the look of the Ram better as well. THe price was identical with the F250 Lariat!

What I found and decided though. The Ford Drove way way better. the ram right out of the lot had a shimmy in the front end. I drove two different rams and they were both the same. I could see the passenger seat vibrate as I went down a newly paved highway. Also the ram was bumpy. A lot of bounce in the rear end. It does however have a really nicely trimmed dash and a killer bakup camera and also a dvd player. You only need to add the screens in the headrests. Also, the ram comes with really cheesey tires and wheel set up. Also, I found it lacked in the gauge department.

The Ford: The Ford has all the gauges you need. trans temp, boost, oil, water right on the instrament panel. Which is the identical design as the dodge just has more info. The Ford has everything on the dash that you can access while driving. The RAM info was only available when in park. The Ford stock has 20" wheels an much, much larger tires. The interior is such a close comparison, I dont think it can sway the vote either way though. It looks like the same guys design both trucks inside. The FORD had a ton of power. way more than the dodge. When you step on the pedal, the truck take off immediately. there is NO lag at all. in fact, I had to double check to see if it was a diesel.

So, the main reason I decided on the Ford! MONEY.. the trucks were the same price. withing $500. However, FORD to me is still an American company( I know its disputable) however my truck was built in KY and FORD didnt take any bailout $. they stuck to their guns and now they are not occupied by the feds or owned by FIAT.

ALso, Ford gave me 1.9% financing and the best I could get through dodge was 8.9%. so with the I get the Better ride for a few bucks less a month and only have payments for 66 mo. instead of 72!

I hope I dont regret it but I think they are close to each other there is little to sway a guy either way.

oh yeh ! screwObama

I am the middle class and I BUILT MY COMPANY! Ive done it this long and I DONT WANT HIS HELP NOW!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2012, 03:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

So how did obama hurt you and your company exactly?

Sent from my DROID4 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 07-30-2012, 03:33 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Welcome to the org, congrats on the new truck. And yeah screw hussain obama.

Sent from my DROID3
Old 07-30-2012, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yetti1996 View Post
So how did obama hurt you and your company exactly?

Sent from my DROID4 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Oh boy...

Congrats on the new truck.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 07-30-2012, 11:49 AM

BTW, the motor was assembled in Mexico. Hope that doesn't ruin anything for you. Enjoy!
Old 07-30-2012, 12:31 PM

FYI: Ford did take bailout money. Like $6B. So did Tesla, Harley, and many others.

You simply aren't going to find anyone in the auto industry that didn't take bailouts.

Secondly, the stock tires 20" Michelin are total crap. If you think that's a good tire, I've got a set with 6,000 miles on them I'll sell ya - cheap! It's way too much truck for these tires. Plan on a new set quickly.

I did what you did also, drove them all. I thought the Ram rode the best. Ford's like a 1 ton truck (ok, it is a 1 ton truck) and the Chevy rode like a saucer sled. Ram's interior I thought was a little better than Ford, but way better than Chevy.

Anyway, congrats on the new ride, enjoy.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:05 PM

congrats on ur new truck man enjoy it and take care of it and it will treat u well lets see some pics of that beast
Old 07-30-2012, 04:37 PM

#1.) Congrats! I hope you love your new truck like I love mine. Just a BEAST! That's what we call it. It's so awesome to have my 5 yrs old son and 3 yr old talk about THE BEAST!
#2.) Ford lobbied congress in support of bailing out the other auto makers to avert a supply chain impact. Alan Mullaly also did NOT take a direct hand out in exchange for a $1/yr salary. He did obtain a loan from the FED of $5.9 billion. I know that's mincing words...but bailout and loan are different. And, Ford most definitely was the MOST SOLIDLY positioned US mfgr during the Great Recession.
#3.) The list of things that our POTUS...BHO has and wants to do is immense. If you like more government, believe the public employee is immune to sacrifice, think more regulations are needed, and find no worries in printing more money and accruing mind boggling debt...then he's the man for you. As for me....
Old 07-31-2012, 04:39 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucpa111 View Post
#1.) Congrats! I hope you love your new truck like I love mine. Just a BEAST! That's what we call it. It's so awesome to have my 5 yrs old son and 3 yr old talk about THE BEAST!
#2.) Ford lobbied congress in support of bailing out the other auto makers to avert a supply chain impact. Alan Mullaly also did NOT take a direct hand out in exchange for a $1/yr salary. He did obtain a loan from the FED of $5.9 billion. I know that's mincing words...but bailout and loan are different. And, Ford most definitely was the MOST SOLIDLY positioned US mfgr during the Great Recession.
#3.) The list of things that our POTUS...BHO has and wants to do is immense. If you like more government, believe the public employee is immune to sacrifice, think more regulations are needed, and find no worries in printing more money and accruing mind boggling debt...then he's the man for you. As for me....
Ditto!!!

I love this truck!!!!

November can't get her fast enough!!!
Old 07-31-2012, 06:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

In defense of your RAM, you said it did have 250K miles on it. Any truck is going to have issues with that many miles.

Ford builds a great truck. I had emissions issues with my 6.4L and deleting wasn't an option. However, the truck itself was awesome.

I'll keep my political ideals to myself and comments regarding bailouts to myself since this is a truck site and not a political site.

Good luck with your Ford.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.