questions about 6.7 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2012, 03:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
questions about 6.7

Hey everyone
I am new to the forum. I am wondering what everyone with the new 6.7 liter diesel thinks of them? I am looking at getting a new truck and am very very torn between Ford or dodge (ram). I am looking to keep this truck for a long time, not trade it off in 4-5 years. I would especially like to hear from the owners who run their 6.7 liters in the winter time and any issues the winter months have brought you. Any input would be helpful.

Thanks
Andy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2012, 04:27 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceblue03 View Post
Hey everyone
I am new to the forum. I am wondering what everyone with the new 6.7 liter diesel thinks of them? I am looking at getting a new truck and am very very torn between Ford or dodge (ram). I am looking to keep this truck for a long time, not trade it off in 4-5 years. I would especially like to hear from the owners who run their 6.7 liters in the winter time and any issues the winter months have brought you. Any input would be helpful.

Thanks
Andy
I've never owned a dodge, so I can't help you there, but I can't tell you that I absolutely love this 6.7. I have owned two 7.3's and a 6.0. This new truck blows them away. I'm in Houston, so there is not much winter here. Maybe someone else can chime in on that one for ya. From driving around town taking the wifey to dinner, to the ranch on weekends pulling hay and cattle trailers, I love it!

Good luck!!
Old 07-25-2012, 04:38 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

There are a couple good write ups debating between the two trucks and one went to Dodge, one went to Ford I think.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:41 AM

The Ford will start easier in the winter than the Dodge, my grandpa and uncle both run Dodge's one has a 10 one has a 11, both loaded. The Ford will ride better and after driving them both I would vote Ford hands down. The cummins is a great motor but the trans sucks. Maintenance on the Ford is easier to, the oil filter is in a better location on the Ford, replacing the fuel filter on the Fords is pretty easy to. I think the cummins holds like 11 quart of oil and the Ford holds 13. Just little things to think about.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:51 AM

Just my 2 cents I would go with a ford smoother ride and better mpg to

Sent from my LS670 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 07-25-2012, 08:13 AM

I Love My Scorpion! I Live in Ohio and have zero issues in the winter. I think she likes the winter more due to the cold lol. I can't help ya out since I haven't owned a Dodge since the 1990's. Anyway, good luck and let us know your outcome.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anth View Post
The Ford will start easier in the winter than the Dodge, my grandpa and uncle both run Dodge's one has a 10 one has a 11, both loaded. The Ford will ride better and after driving them both I would vote Ford hands down. The cummins is a great motor but the trans sucks. Maintenance on the Ford is easier to, the oil filter is in a better location on the Ford, replacing the fuel filter on the Fords is pretty easy to. I think the cummins holds like 11 quart of oil and the Ford holds 13. Just little things to think about.
I disagree with the above post. I live in Salt Lake City Utah and own a Dodge truck. The truck starts right up during the winter. It has a block heater but I don't have to use it. Cummins recommends you plug in the block heater where temperature is -20 degrees.

I'm a former Ford owner. Ford builds a great truck. My 6.4L was a great truck and just had a POS emissions system and deleting isn't an option where I live.

I suggest you test drive both, educate yourself, and pull the trigger on the truck that works best for you. I have nothing negative to say about either brand and it's your decision. Good luck.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:36 PM

I luv'd my previous 6.0L despite blown head gasket, EGR & oil cooler so figured why should I change brands. You'll make-up excuses just to take it on some long roadtrips. It's really smooth, joy to drive. I did test drive Dodge and overall IMO Ford has better quality, features, comfort, and handling. I've even had Dodge boys come up to me and comment on the looks and quality. Can't comment or compare on Cummins but the 6.7L has tons more power than my previous. Pulls my fiver like its not even there. Just got mine last month so haven't experienced cold temps yet.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:19 PM

I love my ford, but I bet u didn't expect to hear anything dift on a ford forum
Old 07-29-2012, 05:08 PM
Premium Member

I can't speak about the Dodge..never owned one. I will say this new Ford starts very well in the winter. We get well below zero here in Rural MN...and last winter my truck never had a problem. My previous truck, 2002 Duramax, would idle very roughly and smoke a fair bit for the first 15 seconds or so after starting. That truck had all new glow pins and still was not fond of winter starting. It's probably, in large part, related to updates in technology. I'm absolutely satisfied with my 2011 F 350....I look forward to enjoying it for the next nine years or so.

Good Luck,

Wayne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.