Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Starting my build

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Tenacious-B 
#1 ·
Well, I finally started picking up the parts so I can begin upgrading my truck. So far, I've done little more than Line-X and window tint. I'll be installing my PowerBoards in the next day or two, and then next week I'll install my Carli suspension. I've been raring to go, and seeing all the sweet setups here has only fueled my desire to get going. Time to let the fun begin.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I installed the PowerBoards. I have to admit, I like them even more than I expected. The one consequence is from the side the factory air dam looks like it hangs down an awful lot now. I'm going to have to add the 2wd one or trim the current one to make it look better to me. The second picture is at night to show the lights on the steps. It's not that great but at least they're visible.

#4 ·
I'm just as interested in the Bronco in the garage! I WANT one!!!

#5 ·
I did the pin-top suspension with the full Deaver packs. I should be able to put the system on in about 2 weeks or so. Weekends keep filling up, and the parts sitting on the floor of my garage make me cry every time I go out there.

Yeah, man. It's so much fun. I've had it since I was 16. It was my dad's before that. I absolutely love it. I will say that being addicted to two four wheelers is not good for the wallet. :D

#6 ·
The power boards look good and I did the Amps because the wife said that is a given to get her in the truck after the Carli 4.5" pin top kit with full deaver rear pack like you are getting. I've been impressed with everything so far. Still playing with air pressure in the tires but it rides and handles better than stock.

You will enjoy it.

#8 ·
They are e-rated and the Mickey Thompson ATZs and right now I'm at 45 front and 40 rear. Really not crazy about going 35 and 40 but might have to. To much drag going down the road.

#9 ·
I was able to finally install the suspension on Saturday. Talk about a lot of work. I am really happy with how it turned out though. The one change is my wife begged me to go with the Performance setup instead of the Pin-top. Since we share the same house I figured it was in my best interest to oblige. I will say that I don't have any complaints thus far. I do need to take it out and flex it to see how it handles off-pavement. I'll get some pictures up later. Now I'm just waiting to get the call that they have the proper lug nuts so I can have my new wheels and tires put on. It's always a wait when you're not doing it yourself....

#11 ·
Okay, this phase of the build is complete. I am really happy with how it turned out. The first picture is the Carli suspension with the stock tires :eek:. So glad those Michelins are gone. I couldn't grab traction if a sprinkler had watered the street with those things.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.