Used F350 w h&s exhaust delete - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2012, 04:10 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Used F350 w h&s exhaust delete

I am looking to purchase a 2011 f350 w an exhaust delete on it. Its a 4x4 SRW LB. I am going to hire a "car inspector" as I am in Tampa and the truck is in Houston. The delete doesn't concern me as I would have installed it when the truck was delivered. I have never made a "long-distance" vehicle purchase and just need a little advice as to what to look for on the the 6.7. I think I can use the VIN to see if there are any updates that need to be done or have to be done. Anyone else made a sight unseen purchase?
Any other suggestions? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2012, 04:51 PM

Ask all your questions get lots of pics, show up with cash or do an online transfer only after you have inspected it and driven it. This way the worst that can happen is you waste an airline ticket and fly home with your cash/check in hand. I have done it before with great results and also came home empty handed once too. It is likely a business owner that buys a new one every year or two, so it may be their driver or it could be a beat up work truck?

DON'T PAY FOR IT TILL YOU GET YOUR HANDS ON IT!!!
Old 07-17-2012, 06:13 PM
Premium Member

where in Houston is it located
Old 07-17-2012, 06:49 PM

Been there done that.......good advice so far, LOTS of pics. I know ebay has vehicle inspection services that you can hire. I used it once and was glad I did. It stopped me from buying one that was 1000 miles away. Rather waste $100 dollars then an entire plane ticket.

Like others have said.......bring the check with you and have a plan ready in case you have to walk away because of something you didn't like.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

a word of caution, selling a vehicle w emissions deleted could be an issue..

Texas law prohibits any person from selling, offering for sale, leasing, or offering to lease any vehicle not equipped with all emission control systems or devices in good operable condition. Violators are subject to penalties under the Texas Clean Air Act of up to $25,000 per violation. Buyers are advised to have the vehicle checked for all required emission control devices prior to purchasing a new or used vehicle.

I do not think you have liability, .. just info, no opinion!!!!
Old 07-18-2012, 03:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Just a suggestion: see if the owner still has the original parts. If you purchase the vehicle and later decide to sell it you would have the original parts to go with it. Good luck.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:52 AM

I wouldn't buy a truck that is tuned/deleted currently. It's bad enough it has been tuned/deleted at some point. It needs to be 'returned to stock' before you purchase it. That way you know everything is working as it should be and you won't have any troubles getting it registered in your name.

Depending if the EGR is completely gone or just blocked off and how exactly they removed the factory exhaust, it could cost 3-5k to get all the factory emissions crap back plus a possible trip to the dealer to get the computer flashed and everything working right.

I'd pass.....
Old 07-19-2012, 07:24 AM

I wouldn't touch an '11 with a ten foot pole. There have been so many reports of plagued '11 trucks that it's ridiculous. One that's been tuned and deleted? Why's he selling? Problems?

Ford service is so bad on everything I wouldn't touch a truck that's known for numerous problems.

Be smart and stay away.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickTruck View Post
I wouldn't touch an '11 with a ten foot pole. There have been so many reports of plagued '11 trucks that it's ridiculous.

Pot callin the kettle black?? Comin from the guy with a 2012 that's been in the shop more days than at home....
Old 07-19-2012, 01:20 PM

I will grant you that there's many '11 owners with no trans problems,
but you would also have to grant that the forums are littered with people with '11s and trans problems. Many of which go unresolved until they get fed up and trade the truck.

Yes, my truck has been plagued with piddly problems that take forever to get resolved (assuming Ford doesn't just deny responsibility.)
Can you imagine how long it would take either of the stealers in my area to deal with this plague that's the '11 transmission if it bit me (assuming I'd had the gutz to buy an '11 after all the reports?)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.