Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

In the shop, again

3K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  TrickTruck 
#1 ·
This is the 6th time now it's been in the shop.

This time it's the 'bluetooth module'.

It disconnects after about 30 seconds and there's no response from the mic (not even voice commands work.)

They say they may need to keep it a few days. A few days? really?

#4 ·
Plugs falling out (electrical, seat failed), bad ring gears, bad window seals, doors that don't close right, bluetooth modules, dents in the roof (new), piss poor job of painting the grill shell (needs to be redone), spongy brakes, NOx module failure (50 mile restriction), spare lock fell off, and more, can't remember it all.

Piddly stuff, yea, but it's such a pita to get it serviced and it always has to be left for days to fix every piddly thing. It's 3 hours just in driving (40 min to the dealer in NO traffic, it's a lot worse if I have to go there during a heavy traffic time.)

#5 ·
Well their highly trained mechanic can't figure out the stereo so it's staying in the shop another day.

I was also informed that the spare tire key that fell off the first time I used it would NOT be warrantied.

So sick of this crap.

Have to LOL on this one:
The F is for the f'ing you get when you buy it. The O is for the ordeal you go through when you own it. The R is for the ridicule you get when you drive it. The D is for damded if you'll ever buy another one.

#7 · (Edited)
Two phones on my end, the service writer's phone and no response to any voice commands. The truck clearly has some sort of malfunction with the stereo. They have had it two days now. I say 'had it' instead of 'working on it' because I simply can't fathom a mechanic working for two 8 hour shifts on a stereo and still have no clue what's wrong. Heck, it took them a day and a half just to flash it.

#9 ·
dismal
:doh:

Now on day 3 in the shop because of a defective stereo.

I will also add...I had the stealer: D&D Ford in Greer, SC paint the grill shell. They did a piss poor job, looks like a 5 year old did it with a rattle can in a dusty room. Color doesn't even come close to matching and there's trash in the paint and drips all over.
D&D's answer: It's just a truck, no one will care. Repaint DENIED.

Darn shame I used a real finance company. If Ford had financed it I'd be sticking them with this hunk of junk

#11 ·
Yea, really sad. Especially when I compare it to the quality job that was done on the flairs. They look perfect. NOT FORD though.

I should have bought a Dodge.

#12 · (Edited)
I can only imagine what your thread on cummins forum would say if you bought a dodge! I would jam that grille up someone's *** if they said sorry your sol. I would also request a different tech for the radio problem. Sometimes someone else spending an hour on it can get er done. It's easy to overlook things when you have 45 billion other things to do like most techs. I can guarantee nobody has come over to see what they can do to help because they don't get paid to help someone else diag it.
Please dont take this as me standing up for the tech, because if he can't figure out a radio he needs to go be a greeter at Wal-mart!

#13 ·
I'm a member over there too. Funny, I don't see many threads complaining about the stealers and factory denying legit warranty claims like we do on all the Fud forums. Or trucks sitting for months and months while Fud trys to figure out what's wrong with the POS.

#14 ·
There isn't really that much Ford bashing on the Cummins forum. If we want to read Ford bashing, all we have to do is come and visit powestroke.org.

Seriously, I hope your truck gets fixed. The new Ford's are awesome trucks.

#15 ·
LOL, I think you deliberately misunderstood that one.

All joking aside, if it weren't for all these problems it'd be a pretty nice truck. Been pretty happy up to the point where I have to deal with Ford Service.
Then it all goes in the crapper.

I can't think of a company other than maybe Charter Communication who has provided such dismal service. Charter is legendary for those of you who don't know, even their own employees hate them and will say so when asked.

#16 · (Edited)
Just got word, still don't know what the problem is. They are going to try replacing the mic. Of course, that has to be ordered and the POS must sit there while waiting.

4 days to fix a stupid stereo mic? OMG, I can't even imagine what it would take to change a spark plug.

#17 ·
Psst...diesels don't have spark plugs :hehe:

Really though, 4 days to try changing out the mic?

#18 ·
I'd take it and have them call when the mic comes in, and like I said before jam that grille up someone's ***! Or go talk with the general manager of the whole place. Nobody likes getting there *** chewed by the big boss. If he's worth his salt it will be handled the way you want!

#20 ·
F that noise man, it's just a truck, I hate when people say that and I get it all the time because I am anal about my paint, half my friends understand, the other half drive newer trucks that look beat to hell because they don't care. Anyways I would find a different dealer, and also I would talk to the manager and say wtf, I paid to have a professional paint job, would you treat someone that had a ford gt this way? Same scenario you pay for work to be done and it was crap

#21 ·
If it were just a truck, the MSRP would not be in the $60k range. Ironically, as I travel around the various forums, most people seem to like the new Super Duty trucks, but are scared away by Ford and their dealerships chronic lack of service.

#22 ·
Just picked it up.

For whatever reason they can come up with they actually denied replacing the eclip that holds the spare tire key in. Said it was not warrantyable.
Seriously.

The mic works.

Bluetooth still disconnects after a minute or so.

Tires, denied

Dent in roof that came with the truck, denied.

Paint job I paid for on the grill shell, denied.

Hey, 1 out of 6 ain't bad.

And to add insult to injury, they scratched the crap out of the dash.
:(

#23 · (Edited)
LOL, I love the internet

Turns out the Bluetooth disconnecting problem is a big fat BUG in Ford's Sync system and has to do with downloading the address/phonebook.

Modern smartphones (android and iphone) do linking with apps like Facebook and others. This causes Sync to have a total hissy fit with the address book and disconnect the phone. Duplicate entries are also a problem for Sync.

Also likely the reason the 'tech' couldn't figure it out, they always said no when asked to download their address book.

Some useful workarounds towards the bottom of this thread:
Ford Sync & HTC EVO Bluetooth - Android Forums

It's all Mark Zuckerberg's fault!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.