Need a little help finding some wires - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2012, 03:49 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to sredmyer
Need a little help finding some wires

I have a 2011 F350 King Ranch. The truck came from the factory with the tubular running boards. I bought a set of lighted color matching running boards that I am trying to install. I have located the wire in the wiring diagram that supplies the power for the running board lights. I have also located that wire in my truck at the Smart juction box and then followed it into the passenger side sill tray wire trough. From there it looks like it goes into a bundle that goes across the cab to the drivers side but that is where I lose it. According to the wiring diagram (cell 151-39) there should be two connectors (one on each side of the truck) to plug the running boards into. These connectors are under the cab just at the rear of the cab. I cant find these two connectors.

I alos notice that in the wiring diagram there are two drawings for the diesel chasis. Cells 151-39 and 151-40. The 151-39 diagram is labeled diesel - wide frame while the other is diesel narrow frame. The diagram for the narrow frame does not show the connectors for the running boards while the diagram for the wide frame does. So evidently my truck is the narrow frame and the connectors are just not there.

I realize I can (and will) run my own wires I am just curious what the designation "wide frame" and "narrow frame" refers to. I originally thought it would be dually or single rear wheel but that does not appear to be the case as there are other areas in the wiring book that specifically uses the term dually. Further I know these running boards I have came off a single rear wheel 2011 King Ranch truck.

So there is the question...what does the terms narrow frame and wide frame refer to?

Thanks,
Steve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2012, 04:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
37.5" wide frame came from the factory with a pickup bed
34" narrow frame came from the factory with a bare rear chassis

....Check for the connectors in the wide frame location
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.