stolen 2006 350 cc kr, used insurance money to buy 2012 cc - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2012, 12:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
stolen 2006 350 cc kr, used insurance money to buy 2012 cc

i've been meaning to post this for some time now and am just now getting around to it...my 2006 350 cc kr lb had 25000 miles, perfect condition, egr delete, turbo back exhaust, never any issues. one week after completing everything, all the mods, changing out all fluids everywhere to synthertic, it was stolen right out of the driveway in the middle of the day. my wife was home and heard it start, she ran out to see them FOT out the driveway. When I got home, I found the corner of the driver's side door handle shroud on the ground where it was parked. There were indentations on the corner of that piece where the scum got a small screwdriver behind it and cracked it off, gaining access to the lock mechanism. Anyway, here are before and after pictures. It was found about 5 weeks after it was lifted on the bank of the missouri river. a riverboat captain saw it and called the authorities. There was a stolen heavy duty construction trailer and stolen bobcat hooked up. The drove it over some railroad tracks (not where the road goes over the tracks) and down a steep embankment. The wrecker had to use his two biggest rigs to to drag it out. The bobcat was torn up, they weren't able to start it. Also in the back of the truck were stolen construction equipment, inside the cab were several hundrerd little debbie snack cakes, and other miscellaneous garbage. They took off the king ranch wheels, seats (perfect condition, no dark patches on them yet) and other dash components. You'll see from the pics that they hit a tree on the passenger side and drug it along the truck. There was also axle damage. They ripped off all the badging and applied several skull decals and others. They put in some junky tattered seats from another superduty, and junky aftermarket wheels. One hour prior to lifting our truck, the scum tried to lift an excursion in the same neighborhood...owner walked out the front door on him and he fled the scene.
Anyway, got a new 2012...and am moving out of this place...and next time...if there is a next time...i will be ready with my .45 to greet them with open arms and a fist to the face. Take heed powerstrokers, we have trucks that lots of scum desire...don't forget to be packin' at all times, it may happen when you least expect it.
Attached Thumbnails
stolen 2006 350 cc kr, used insurance money to buy 2012 cc-phone-pics-129.jpg   stolen 2006 350 cc kr, used insurance money to buy 2012 cc-phone-pics-734.jpg   stolen 2006 350 cc kr, used insurance money to buy 2012 cc-phone-pics-735.jpg   stolen 2006 350 cc kr, used insurance money to buy 2012 cc-phone-pics-736.jpg   stolen 2006 350 cc kr, used insurance money to buy 2012 cc-phone-pics-737.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2012, 12:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

more pics

here's a few more pics...
one more thing...when we went to inspect the truck after it was found...there were some cd's in the cab of the hispanic persuasion...think what you will regarding that..
also, my wife's bible was still in the cab, you could tell they shook it, binding side up, to see if anything valuable would fall out...then they tossed it in the back seat
Attached Thumbnails
stolen 2006 350 cc kr, used insurance money to buy 2012 cc-phone-pics-738.jpg   stolen 2006 350 cc kr, used insurance money to buy 2012 cc-phone-pics-739.jpg   stolen 2006 350 cc kr, used insurance money to buy 2012 cc-phone-pics-740.jpg  
Old 06-28-2012, 01:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

one more thing...for those of you who think that pats is enough to keep your truck from getting lifted...there are ways around that.
the best system is found in redundancy, early warning, and the ability to send metal out of a barrell at 1000fps.
get a big dog, get a gun, and be well trained in the use of both.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Wow! They did a job on that! Sorry to hear about the loss of the old truck, but congrats on the new one.

This is why my security has redundant systems. And the redundant systems have back ups as well.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:02 PM

I hate friggin' thieves!!

Where do you live, anyway?

Glad you got the new one. Enjoy!!

Mark
Old 06-29-2012, 02:52 AM

The irony in the tailgate sticker is unbelievable. Too bad they didn't find a corpse in the driver seat when they pulled the wreck out.

At least you have a new toy to enjoy. Hope you can keep her in the driveway!
Old 06-29-2012, 04:05 AM

Oh man, that is horrible to hear! I am sorry! Glad you were able to get out of that area! That is never something I want to hear. Hopefully everything with the new truck works out for yah!
Old 06-29-2012, 06:23 AM
Premium Member

Man, that is terrible! Glad you got a new one though. I truly believe in the power of a .45!!!

Brings up a good point though.....What is the best was to keep our rigs on the road with us as the drivers and not some POS that stole it from our homes or parking lot? I'm scared to even drive mine half the time. Houston TX is not a good place to leave your truck sitting while the wifey and I eat dinner. Not sure what the answer is??? Alarm , etc???
Old 06-29-2012, 07:59 AM

Alarm and a Ravelco at a minimum. GPS tracking (either through the alarm or Lojack) would be the next layer of protection.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cetane View Post
here's a few more pics...
one more thing...when we went to inspect the truck after it was found...there were some cd's in the cab of the hispanic persuasion...think what you will regarding that..
also, my wife's bible was still in the cab, you could tell they shook it, binding side up, to see if anything valuable would fall out...then they tossed it in the back seat
This is what happens when traitors decide to allow half the population Mexico and various central american nations to invade our country against the law.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.