Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Update on Truck

4K views 29 replies 8 participants last post by  rrogersgsp 
#1 ·
Just sitting here watching Nascar, The race is about 20 miles from me. Better to watch on TV. Anyway I wanted to ask you guy's that have ordered a new truck, has your dealer kept you up to date on the build of the truck? Also did they give you any update as to delivery? Just wondering. I hope they don't just call me when the trucks sitting on there lot.

#2 ·
I watched the race too. I like circles better than road courses.

I have never ordered a new truck. Heck....a steak dinner might be the most expensive thing I have ever ordered! :D

Keep us posted on the build and do post pictures when you get her. I'd love to see the "window sticker".

#8 ·
when we purchased our 2011 explorer from dealer 1 they sent us emails with updates when it would be started, and when it was "born" they sent us the vin # and told us it would be there in 2-3 weeks. our 2012 f450 we ordered from dealer 2 and got no updates what so ever. so it just depends. all of our trucks our ordered because you usually cant find regular cabs with chrome package and nicer features other than a base model.

#9 ·
I ordered a 2012. I had wanted the 2013 with the new center console, but my dealer checked and they would not be available for delivery until late November at the earliest. I couldn't wait that long. I'm not sure my 6.0 could wait that long lol. In 1999 I had ordered a 2000 F250 cc with V10, loved that truck. Gas started killing me so I bought the 6.0. Funny thing is the 6.0 is now killing me. Anyway the dealer didn't contact me then either. They just called me after 8 weeks to tell me they had it. Interesting thing was I was out of town and they told me I had 48 hours to pick it up or they would have to buy it from the factory and they could sell it. Luckily I got there.

#10 ·
Well the dealer e-mailed me today to let me know they are do to recieve my truck on August 13th. I cannot wait. F350,swb,cc,fx4,Lariat ultimate,Chrome package,camper package,5th wheel prep,dual alts,supp heat,two tone paint,spray in bedliner,masterlock cable lock.

#11 ·
I called today to see if the dealer knew anything since this is the week they had told me my truck would be built. I was hoping to get the Vin# so I could see the sticker but they didn't have it so I guess it won't be built this week. I don't know that I want to wait till Aug to get mine. I didn't want to order one in the first place but the dealer couldn't /wouldn't locate one I liked. :mad:

#13 ·
Well I talked to the dealer on Thursday and it looks like my truck has left Kentucky and is sitting in Indiana. It's now not scheduled to be here until the 27th. I'm not sure why it would take a week and a half to make it here from Kentucky, but then again I don't work for the railroad.

#15 ·
:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

#18 ·
This is getting to be like the energizer bunny. On and on and on..... Anyway, I got an email on Monday from the dealer, the trucks not there, still at the shipping yard. The shipping yard is only 10 minutes away from the dealer. So I decided I didn't believe them. I did a drive by and sure enough a truck is parked out front in the same set up. I decide to drive home, about 10 minutes, to drop off my work truck and get the wife and kid. When we get there I check the vin and it matches. I go inside and they tell me its still not there. I had to walk a salesman over and show it to him. He tries to tell me that the truck just drops off vehicles sometimes and they don't know about it. No paperwork, I doubt that. So the truck hadn't been checked in. I was told I could pick it up tonight and they would have it ready by noon. This whole time the direct sales woman I've been working with has been out sick. So we went back tonight and the guy tells me the saleman went out back to get it, I knew something was up. After about 15 minutes he comes back with the phone up to his ear. The direct sales woman wants to talk to me. They called her to tell her to tell me that the truck was not there that they had to take it to a body shop because it got scratch coming off the train and they needed to fix it. She said they told her I could pick it up on Friday. Really 3 days to buff out a scratch? I told them that wasn't good enough, I had to have the truck for Friday morning. We are leaving to go to SoCal to see my oldest daughter on Friday morning, the trucks first voyage. So she told me I would have my truck on Thursday afternoon and that she would take care of us. I'm really frustrated right now. Its been 10 weeks as it is. What do you guy's think about the scratch? How should I handle any compensation for this?

#20 ·
This is the same kind of crap I dealt with when getting my Challenger last winter. I ordered it in early November and didn't get it until March. I was able to find a site to track the build status of it and became very frustrated by February when it sat in a graphics yard for 2 weeks to have the stripes put on, so I called the place directly to see what was up and the next day it was on a train.
In regards to the scratch I'd take a look at it before you sign anything and if you can even tell a hint of the fact that it's there immediately have them either rush order you one, or get some compensation for it. That's a quality control issue and they are supposed to be delivering you a pristine vehicle.

#21 ·
So we went back tonight and the truck was there. The drivers door and the passengers door both got repainted. I honestly could not see where the scratch was. I ended up paying $58,000 OTD. Its late and we are going to be on the road early. I'll post pictures as soon as I can.

#22 ·
Wow....lot of money to pay for something that has been repaired. :dunno: Hope they make you happy! Enjoy.

#23 ·
My dealer didn't know squat. They couldn't even order it correctly the first time I caught it the week it was rolling off the line:rolleyes:

Go over to thedieselstop.com and PM Cory your VIN. He'll send you a link back that will eventually load the window sticker (the week it's due to be built.)

Then you have to wait for transport. The first truck (ordered wrong) took 42 days to go 400 miles. The second one took 2 weeks.

I called my dealer and told them it would be in on such and such a date, they had no idea.
I called my dealer when it was delivered and told them it was on their lot, they had no clue. They went out and looked and sure enough it was there.

Get with Cory, that'll be the beginning of you being on top of things. Be sure to check the window sticker and make sure it's all the way you wanted it.

#24 ·
MSRP was $64000. I also got the maintenance package for 7 years, the Premium ESP package, this takes care of all components on the truck for 7 years and then Ultimate Shield which takes care of any dents, windshield damage and any damage to interior including punchers to the leather. This is for 6 years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.