New 2012 F-350 Finally picked up! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2012, 01:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New 2012 F-350 Finally picked up!

Went Wednesday evening to pick up our new ordered Camper Draggin' Beast! So far I love it! It's options are 2012 F350 Lariat 4x4 CC SB 6.7L Diesel White Platinum Metallic, with Ford Spray-in Bed Liner and 5th Wheel Prep Package, Sun Roof, 20" wheels, Chrome Package and garage door opener. We are leaving this week from central NC here where I live to Lancaster PA to go to the Dutch Amish country and go to the Hershey Park. That trip should put around a 1000 miles on it. Is there anything I need to know or do to prepare the new truck for the trip? Also which route would you take if any of you live near me would be the best. I was planning on taking US-29 from Greensboro to I-81 to PA instead of taking I-85 from Greensboro to I-95 around Washington DC and around Baltimore and hit I-83 to PA. I looking for scenery yet I don't want it to take forever to get their either and staying away from major cities like Washington DC. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2012, 02:03 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Looks great! You will love it.
Old 06-02-2012, 04:40 PM

congrat's on the purchase.. very sharp truck!
Old 06-02-2012, 04:46 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Congrats on the new truck!! That's funny you're going to Hershey park. I live 10 minutes away. Have a fun time!
Old 06-02-2012, 05:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

What hitch are you planning to use? Curious as I just got my F350 CC SB 4x4 as well. Looking to upgrade our TT to a 5'er soon, and trying to learn about the hitch options. Mine doesn't have the factory 5th wheel prep.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCF View Post
What hitch are you planning to use? Curious as I just got my F350 CC SB 4x4 as well. Looking to upgrade our TT to a 5'er soon, and trying to learn about the hitch options. Mine doesn't have the factory 5th wheel prep.
I actually bought a Underbed Rail Adapter for Standard 5th Wheel hitches for this new truck that use standard bed rails. Cause I used standard bed rails in my 2007 F-250 with the Pullrite Slider 5th wheel hitch which works very well. I don't have to worry at all about the camper hitting my truck. Cause some of the campgrounds around here can be tight and hard to get into and you have to make almost 90 degree turns. So for me that's just one less thing I don't have to worry about. The camper hitting my truck. I added the links below.

Reese Elite Series Underbed Rail Adapter for Standard 5th Wheel Trailer Hitches - 20,000 lbs
Reese Elite Series Underbed Rail Adapter for Standard 5th Wheel Trailer Hitches - 20,000 lbs Reese Accessories and Parts RP30156

SuperGlide - 15,000
PullRite has a SAFER, STRONGER, BETTER designed hitch for you

Now if I didn't have the 5th wheel prep package in my truck I would have probably went with the B & W Companion- 5th Wheel Hitch or If I had bed rails and wanted a new 5th wheel Hitch I would have bought the The Patriot 16K - 5th Wheel Hitch. They also make one for the 5th Wheel prep package the Companion OEM - 5th Wheel Hitch. If I had no hitch I would have bought this one. Pretty sweet!
Old 06-02-2012, 07:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks guys I really appreciate it!
Old 06-02-2012, 08:01 PM

Southerncamper74, I have a really dumb question. I'm working with my dealer to actually place my order on Monday. I'm pretty much ordering what you have. The truck I have now doesn't have a 5th wheel hook up, i've never had one. I wanted to order this truck with the prep package but it say's you can't have it with a shortbed, only longbed. It looks like you have the shortbed, is this true? I'd like the 5th whell prep package. Thanks
Old 06-02-2012, 10:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrogersgsp View Post
Southerncamper74, I have a really dumb question. I'm working with my dealer to actually place my order on Monday. I'm pretty much ordering what you have. The truck I have now doesn't have a 5th wheel hook up, i've never had one. I wanted to order this truck with the prep package but it say's you can't have it with a shortbed, only longbed. It looks like you have the shortbed, is this true? I'd like the 5th wheel prep package. Thanks
Hey not dumb, good question! Yes, I do have a shortbed and YES you can order it WITH the 5th wheel prep package just like I did. Have you asked your dealer about that? Cause I know some places like in brochures it says you can't. Only Longbeds! False!!! You can have that option, also try building it on the Ford's website with it on there. It's only like $370.00 a great deal in my opinion! Now if you want or need the garage door opener installed it's $125 and you have to ask for that, cause you can't build that into your truck on the Ford "Build Your Truck" part or the web site, but can be built if or when you have from truck ordered. Hope this helps!
Old 06-03-2012, 01:45 AM

Congrats!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.