New guy here, new F350 and lots of questions . . . - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2012, 07:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New guy here, new F350 and lots of questions . . .

Have to be honest, this is my first Ford - F350 CC 4x4 SB w/ cooled/heated leather, navigation, front windows tinted, spray-in liner, . . .

Growing up in the country, it was either Chevy or Ford - had to pick one, so it was always Chevy for me. My first diesel was a new 99 Ram 2500 - it was a love/hate relationship -lotta love for that 5.9L Cummins but much hate for most of the rest of the truck. Latest was a Tundra Crewmax - great truck, pulled our 7000lb TT great, but I've got the itch to trade the TT for a fifth wheel. Soooo . . . here I am!

I love it! Awesome truck! Looked at the Chevy 3500, but really liked the F350 better. Pretty sure I made the right decision. We are pulling the TT from Houston out to SW of Austin in 2 weeks - can't wait to see how good this thing tows, mpg, etc. Even thought the Tundra did fine, I'm sure this will be a huge improvement! Hopefully this one will be as reliable as the Tundra - the only slight concern that I have.

So now I have lots of questions!!! I'll post a few here -

- it has the tailgate step, anyone load their atv/4 wheeler in the bed with the step/hand thing? any issues? will it hold up under the weight of 4 wheeler driving over it?

- removing the stickers on the sun visors - anyone done this? if so, how did you do it and how did it turn out? have found some general info via google, but nothing specific to these trucks

And any other advice/tips/etc. are greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2012, 09:29 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I traded my 2006 Tundra DoubleCab for my F350 5 weeks ago. I love it. I too am optimistic about reliability. So far, so good. It's a big step up from my Tundra, and I really loved my Tundra.
I have 1900 miles on my truck. All is good. Pulled some 8000 # loads - no issues.
I haven't loaded my ATV (800# Polaris) on my tailgate yet. I too am interested in knowing, but I didn't want the tailgate step. So, I have the plain jane with camera.

Good luck. Nice truck!
Old 06-03-2012, 01:57 AM

Old 06-03-2012, 02:21 AM

I have motocross bikes and streetbikes in and out of my truck bed daily. The tailgate step has held up great and works like the day it was new. As long as you use the propper ramps and don't let your tailgate stay down it won't see any damage

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 06-03-2012, 03:38 AM

Run Stanadyne Purple (or whatever brand diesel lubricity product you want) at every tank-up.

Expect to see your MPGs drop after about 4000 miles. You'll start to notice it goes into "Cleaning DPF" more frequently after you get a few miles on her.

Still a great truck though.......
Old 06-03-2012, 03:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks guys!

I measured the bed and my Grizzly 700 prior to purchase (not that it would have changed anything, was just curious), and it should fit fine with the tailgate up.

Ah yes, good ol' diesel lubricity additive - even more important now than when I had my Cummins! I was using Stanadyne then, so I'll check out the Stanadyne Purple.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:33 AM

at 106k + still the strongest truck I have owned.

I understand the 'required lubricant of oil' has an additive that compensates for the low sulfer diesel.

Congrat's on your truck, at 96,000 I deleted the exhaust recirculating into the engine again, oil cleaned up, mileage went up... I should have done it earlier. truck sounds like a beast now with the turbo noticeably sounding like its supposed to!!

Best Wishes
Old 06-03-2012, 06:32 AM

i have that tailgate step on mine as well. I load my bike occasionally and usually stack lumber and other things and haven't had any issues yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.