opinions on pricing, please - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2012, 09:49 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
opinions on pricing, please

Hey guys...

i've been a member on here for awhile now. i had an 05 dually that was nothing but problems. sold it and my toy hauler and now my wife and i are looking to get back into a camper.

so... i've been negotiating for a used 2011 F250 Lariat with 28k miles on it. it has Navigation and most all bells and whistles. it also comes as a Certified Vehicle... with the premium care(almost bumper to bumper) warranty as well. all for 45995.00 otd. that's with 3000 down in the form of trade in equity.

on top of that, i'll be getting GAP insurance for 399.

so, any opinions? price good or high?

if this is the wrong area, i apologize.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2012, 10:20 AM

meant to say... i've been reading the 'what to pay for f250' and from what i'm seeing... the price above is way too much. i could get a brand new one for the same price.

damn, i hate negotiating.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:36 AM

I would say the price is high. I got my 2011 Lariat with Nav and sun roof last year in December with 13,000 miles for less than that.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:51 AM

thanks for the reply Bjolls... i appreciate it. not sure what i'll do. they are saying they are 'all in' on the truck. i'll probably wait and buy new later this year.

thanks again.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

sounds high.... I just got a new 2012 F-250 XLT 6.7 for $44500, i did get special rebates cuz I was a current super duty owner (2009 6.4....junk!)
Old 05-30-2012, 12:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Wheels:

I'm a past Ford owner (a troll) and keep up with what's going on with Ford. It's tough these days to know what is and isn't a good deal. When I bought my Ford F350 I got $13,000 off MSRP. However, I didn't get the exact truck that I wanted. It was an XLT and didn't have all the options I wanted. It's tough getting a 1-year old used truck because it seems that you can buy a new one for approximately the same price. When it came time to trade in my Ford, the NADA price was way discounted from what I paid.

My advice is to go to edmunds.com or KBB.com and put in all the options you're looking for on the truck and see what price you should pay. Then go to the dealers and see who will give you the best deal. If you want or need to have a truck right away, buy it and forget about what you paid. You'll always hear about somebody getting a better deal. However, if you get a truck with all the options you're looking for and you enjoy the truck, then it doesn't matter what you paid. By the way, I live in Salt Lake and the Ford Dealers are advertising more than $13,000 off msrp on heavy duty trucks. I don't know if it's for F250 and F350's or if it includes the Lariats or King Ranches.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheels4 View Post
thanks for the reply Bjolls... i appreciate it. not sure what i'll do. they are saying they are 'all in' on the truck. i'll probably wait and buy new later this year.

thanks again.
All in my azz, they're full of ****. To negotiate the best price, you have to shop around or at least know what the absolute bottom is for the dealer.

At 45k, your in the ballpark for buying new. That's more than my brother and I paid for our XLTs. You have the benefit of having the full factory warranty and lower interest rates. If you do wait later in the year, negotiating a deal on a leftover would be the best way to get a good deal. Either way, when negotiating always use the principal, not monthly payment numbers. Never tell them your number, make them work for it.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Local place had a fully loaded Tux Black ECSB f-250 with 22k on the clock for 38,800. every option except 5-er hitch (only prep) and nav

I got my f-350 below for 37,500 with the same options minus chrome pkg but had new tires and brakes with 50k on the clock.

Is it a CC or a EC? that would make up a little difference, Duals?

Last edited by mrplowjr73; 05-30-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:46 PM

thanks for the input guys... i appreciate it. sounds like you guys are getting pretty good deals... dang.

here are more details:

looked up trade in on my vehicle(KBB) and it was 17500. looked up trade in on that truck and it was 40000. they are are giving me 17500 for mine, so i'm assuming that's what the previous owner got on this truck.

the two warranties i'm getting are:
CPO: up to 100k miles and 5yrs from my purchase date.
Premium(close to bumper/bumper): 4 yrs/75k miles from my purchase date.

it's a crew cab, 4x4 lariat with every option available(that i know of). power everything, nav, heated/cooled seats, etc.

my big push is that it is my favorite color and it's not a two tone. it's completely blue.

here is the link:
2011 Ford F-250 4 Door Crew Cab Truck - Used Vehicle Details at Town & Country Ford - Your Bessemer, Alabama Ford dealer
Old 05-30-2012, 01:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

That is a beautiful truck and I do love that color... personally I would price one out new minus rebates and all that stuff and make sure its worth it to you... keep in mind you can order a '13 now so in a few months when they hit the streets it will be a 3 year old truck on the books.

The extended warranty on these trucks retails for about 2500$ give or take. FWIW

Just for kicks I priced out a CCSB with everything on it x-plan which is right arround invoice or what most would pay, then rebates I figured I'd be paying arround 48k out the door brand new. for a truck that stickered at about 55-56k... again FWIW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.