Back to the Basics - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2012, 06:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Back to the Basics

Greetings-

A little over a year ago, I purchased this truck after reading all of the input from the users of this site. It helped tremendously to say the least. This is my first diesel and I must admit it has been a great truck (more on that below). I traded an 09 f150 crew cab with the 5.4L on this one and have not looked back yet. hunting, fishing and camping are the hobbies and you all know this truck fits right in. I wanted a basic truck with vinyl floors and man does it clean easy! The truck has just rolled 14k miles.

Here is what I have learned and would like to pass on to others.

Modifications/additions- 2.5'' ready lift, aluminum steps, weatherguard mud flaps, OEM cab lights, back-flip bed cover, ranch hand brush guard (Linex Covered), 285/70/17 Cooper Zeons

Maintenance- 3 oils changes by dealer, fuel and air filter changes at 14K (did these myself and it took less than 45min- Youtube video really helped)

Lessons learned- About two weeks after my level kit was installed I would get a vibration when down shifting or going down hills on the highway in 5th or 6th gear. Never in a lower gear and never accelerating. Took the truck back to the shop and they put a call into ready-lift. It seems some trucks and they (Readylift) could not say exactly which models or VIN's have this problem need differnt rear blocks to change the drive shaft angle. They installed the new blocks and no problems for the past month.

ALWAYS check the top of your truck after it is placed on a lift at any shop! I had a door to door pressure dent an inch deep that I did not notice until I washed the top of my truck a few weeks ago. Just had it fixed!

This truck has a sweet spot for mileage. Between 65 and 72MPH the computer gives me 21 to 23 MPG...hand checked it a couple times because I could not believe it and it was only .5 MPG off. Getting 16 to 17 around town...I do not tow anything. I think the 3.31 rear end has alot to do with it.

Again thanks for all of the info out there, it really does help.
Attached Thumbnails
Back to the Basics-dscf6239.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2012, 02:12 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Old 05-22-2012, 05:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks...glad to be here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.