Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Moving From 6.0

950 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Painted Horse 
#1 ·
I have owned an 06 6.0 for a few years, over the years learned the things that needed to be done, never had serious problem because I monitored temps, changed out Ford Gold with ELC, EGR delete,ect. Needed a new truck last week and purchased 2012 Super Duty, any advice from people who have had new owned the new 6.7 to be sure I will be as pleased with this one?

#2 ·
Just drive it and enjoy it.

The 6.7L has OAT based antifreeze. So use the proper test strips when you test your coolant every 15,000. It uses VC-12 as the additive when you need to add it. The coolant is good for 105,000 under normal use and 60,000 under severe duty. No need to change out ELC.

It's up to you about additives. A very small percentage of owners have had the High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) fail. It's usually not covered under warranty and the cost is extremely high at $10,000 to $12,000 for replacement of the fuel system. Ford seems to think any failure is caused by water in the fuel, DEF int he fuel or bad fuel. The addtives can increase the lubricity of the diesel fuel you buy. Regardless, drain your water filter monthly and replace the filter as scheduled.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.