Severe Tire Wear - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Are you experiencing severe tire wear on your '11/'12 Superduty
Yes, my tires have severe wear 8 36.36%
No, my tires are fine 11 50.00%
I got rid of the junk stock tires as quick as I could. 3 13.64%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2012, 07:53 AM
Supporting Vendor

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Severe Tire Wear

I have 3400 miles on my truck now and the tires are severely cupped and chopped.

Took it to the dealer for 5 other problems.

Dealer says I've spun the tires and it is not warrantyable. I said what about the fronts which are also severely worn and chopped. They didn't even bother looking. They refused to check the alignment either. Just denied it. Ford says this is not a problem and it's the customer's problem.

These POS tires aren't going to make it 10,000 miles at this rate.

I've read so many posts about severe tire that I figured a poll to see if Ford is full of poo when they say no one else is having problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2012, 09:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Angry

I have had mine for less than 7 months and have 12,900 on mine, which is 899 miles over the 100% replacement for warranty. Tires worn down to wear bars.

I baby this thing and have had it into the dealer twice already for fuel pump, NOX and various other problems, now the tire wear, transmission leaking, and some kind of surging currently happening.

I'm NOT impressed with this truck, and can't believe I was duped into buying this thing based on all the hype over this thing.

The tires are just the latest disappointment in a long line of disappointment, especially considering what it cost so replace just one, let alone four.

=
Old 05-15-2012, 09:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have 31,000 miles on my 2011 with the original 20" Michelin tires still on it. They are wearing just about perfectly evenly and I would estimate they won't be worn down to the tread depth indicator bars for at least another 10k. Granted, I don't tow anything heavy and I am pretty easy on the right pedal.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:39 AM
Supporting Vendor

Anyone have the 'herding cats' feeling when driving down the highway? That is, it'll go the way you want it to, but given the least bit of inattention and it's wandering somewhere else.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I agree that the stock Michelin 20's do not wear well if you tow or spend time off road. I replaced them with DuraTracs, which have given me 40K miles so far. I am very happy with the rest of the truck- it is a champ.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:52 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Stock 18s here with 28,000 miles on them. Rotated once. Spun numerous times. Beat on fairly regularly. Easily get another 10-15k miles out of them. Never touched the air pressure either. I don't tow regularly but I do load the bed down to the over load springs on a regular occasion.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

The thing that pi$$e$ me off the most is that the 20" with OWL is an option I had to pay extra for. To end up with absolute junk is like paying to have garbage "delivered" to your house instead of carried away.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I saw this the other day and laughed that they actually needed a TSB for this:

TSB data for: 2011 FORD F-350 SD
Bulletin Number: AS-21476
Sequence Number: 10039154
Date: 20100801
Component Name: 190000 TIRES
Make: FORD
Model: F-350 SD
Year: 2011
Summary:
FORD: THE TIRE WEAR MAY BE EXCESSIVE WITH LOW TIRE MILEAGE. THIS MAY BE CAUSED BY HIGHER HORSE POWER AND TORQUE WHILE ACCELERATING AGGRESSIVELY. 2011 F SUPER DUTY. *RM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.