Ford dealer service nightmare - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Babylon Long Island New York
Posts: 169
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ford dealer service nightmare

It started off with the smell of antifreeze, I brought it in for that problem and found the radiator was cracked. I rescheduled once it came in, a few days before I washed the truck before I brought it in, They had the truck one and a half days.
they called late Friday afternoon that it was ready, when I left the service department and went out to the truck I noticed the passenger side painted bumper was gouged in two places, I was pissed, I went back in and told them I had something to show them, My service asst. came out and I pointed out the bumper, she went back inside to speak to her manager, so I open the hood and notice the antifreeze Degas bottle looked green, I'm looking at it and sure as sh!! they mixed it. I go back in to tell them they put in the wrong antifreeze, the service manager comes out with a new bottle and the paper stating they signed it out. I'm telling them that bottle should be orange reddish. not greenish. they say they will take care of the bumper, (I want it repainted!). And to take the truck home and they will call when to bring it in. Well I get half way home and smell antifreeze again this time stronger. I get home pull into the driveway get out of the truck and see Sh!! all down the drivers side of the truck up over the rear fender. I look at the front wheel well and there is antifreeze all over the inside of the bumper and shock tower.
Sh!! I bought Two supper duty king Ranches from this dealer 2007 2011 and now can not trust them to work on the truck.
I'm bringing it back Monday to have them flush the main radiator system out and put new orange antifreeze, I thought there was a concern on the content of the coolant in this truck.
Sorry for the long drawn out complaint. I love the truck take pride in its appearance and to have the mechanic not give a sh!!. who can you trust?
Do you think the Antifreeze mix will have any effect on the motor down the road??? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 05-04-2012, 08:11 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: nj
Posts: 1,268
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
They probably had some idiot kid fix your truck. Next time find another dealer. Any mistakes they make will void the warranty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 05-04-2012, 08:24 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Posts: 1,537
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
This is exactly why I stopped going to the dealer after my warranty expired. Always creating more problems and headache than what its worth. Thanks to this site I have been able to tackle jobs I would have never though possible, and saved myself a ton of $$$ along the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 05-05-2012, 06:29 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: nj
Posts: 1,268
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazsecond View Post
This is exactly why I stopped going to the dealer after my warranty expired. Always creating more problems and headache than what its worth. Thanks to this site I have been able to tackle jobs I would have never though possible, and saved myself a ton of $$$ along the way.
I've Had a "truck" dealership in northern nj service my trans, only to find out my trans leaking fluid. When I took it to another dealership they said it was over filled by 3-4 quarts and the pressure blew the lines. This "truck" only dealership denied any wrong doing and suggested the trans was topped off at a fuel station. Of course Ford customer couldnt do shyt for me. F U Ford corprate!! Anybody in nj stay away from meadowlands!!

Last edited by f350powerstroke; 05-05-2012 at 06:41 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 05-05-2012, 06:31 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: nj
Posts: 1,268
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
To the OP, ur better off flushing urself. Try and look for any leaks and find a new dealer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 05-05-2012, 09:29 AM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Babylon Long Island New York
Posts: 169
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by f350powerstroke View Post
To the OP, ur better off flushing urself. Try and look for any leaks and find a new dealer!
I am really surprised with this dealership, It has always had a good rep. When I bought the truck they would not move on the sticker price, which makes me to believe they made some money on the truck, I don't mind that, but when you bring a 65k truck for service it better not come back to you worst then when it went in. That truck went in spotless and came back Fu!! up.
The more I think of it I thinking the mechanic drained the antifreeze in one of those fluid catch pans which had already in it that green antifreeze, when they installed the radiator they reused what was drained into that pan plus some new. thats why It shows green not orange. They will flush it and I will have everything they did on my service invoice.
Thanks for the replies: I needed to vent!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 05-06-2012, 06:16 AM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Metuchen, NJ
Posts: 84
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by buletbob View Post
It started off with the smell of antifreeze, I brought it in for that problem and found the radiator was cracked. I rescheduled once it came in, a few days before I washed the truck before I brought it in, They had the truck one and a half days.
they called late Friday afternoon that it was ready, when I left the service department and went out to the truck I noticed the passenger side painted bumper was gouged in two places, I was pissed, I went back in and told them I had something to show them, My service asst. came out and I pointed out the bumper, she went back inside to speak to her manager, so I open the hood and notice the antifreeze Degas bottle looked green, I'm looking at it and sure as sh!! they mixed it. I go back in to tell them they put in the wrong antifreeze, the service manager comes out with a new bottle and the paper stating they signed it out. I'm telling them that bottle should be orange reddish. not greenish. they say they will take care of the bumper, (I want it repainted!). And to take the truck home and they will call when to bring it in. Well I get half way home and smell antifreeze again this time stronger. I get home pull into the driveway get out of the truck and see Sh!! all down the drivers side of the truck up over the rear fender. I look at the front wheel well and there is antifreeze all over the inside of the bumper and shock tower.
Sh!! I bought Two supper duty king Ranches from this dealer 2007 2011 and now can not trust them to work on the truck.
I'm bringing it back Monday to have them flush the main radiator system out and put new orange antifreeze, I thought there was a concern on the content of the coolant in this truck.
Sorry for the long drawn out complaint. I love the truck take pride in its appearance and to have the mechanic not give a sh!!. who can you trust?
Do you think the Antifreeze mix will have any effect on the motor down the road??? Thanks
Sucks man! Find a competent dealer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 05-06-2012, 06:18 AM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Metuchen, NJ
Posts: 84
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by f350powerstroke View Post
I've Had a "truck" dealership in northern nj service my trans, only to find out my trans leaking fluid. When I took it to another dealership they said it was over filled by 3-4 quarts and the pressure blew the lines. This "truck" only dealership denied any wrong doing and suggested the trans was topped off at a fuel station. Of course Ford customer couldnt do shyt for me. F U Ford corprate!! Anybody in nj stay away from meadowlands!!
I am also in Jersey. I've been very happy with Performance Ford in Randolph.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 06-08-2012, 01:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I can't believe it could be a nightmare. As I always did, finding anything you need in a price that sounds right is very simple. There is a website that can assist you in finding a dealership selling the ideal vehicle. I know I was happy when the website helped me locate the Ford I wanted in Spokane. Are you looking to buy or sell a used or new Ford Edge, Ford Expedition, Ford Explorer, or Ford Flex? If this sounds like you, don't go any place else before you check out Gus Johnson Ford Spokane.

Last edited by karminaB; 06-14-2012 at 04:43 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 06-08-2012, 04:55 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 547
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
1. Don't drive it. Have it towed back to the dealer.
2. File a complaint with FOMOCO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors