I may have got jacked!?!? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2012, 06:41 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I may have got jacked!?!?

Alright well I saw in the classifieds forum on here a few weeks ago a guy posting about he will do the harley mod and smoke your headlights. After texting him for about a week and him sending me numerous pictures of his work I trusted the guy and sent him my headlights. I talked to the guy everyday from when I sent the lights up till the day before he said he was shipping them back to me. Here are all the dates. Sent lights on 4/2/11. He received them on 4/5/12. On 4/9/12 (Monday) he said he was shipping them tomorrow which would have been 4/10/12 (Tuesday). I text the guy Tuesday and asked for a tracking number. No response. I text the guy Wednesday morning, and call Wednesday afternoon. No response. Followed by numerous text and call Thursday and Friday. I never got confirmation that he shipped?? I shipped them to him the cheapest way and it took only 3 buisness days. If he shipped them Tuesday I would have thought they would have made it by the weekend, but I know it dosent always go that way. The only thing that has me puzzled is why wont he answer my calls or text? Im not going to accuse anybody right or say a name yet but if they do not show up tomorrow or tuesday and I do not get a phone call I may put his name out there so other people do not do buisness with him. Anybody have any advise with me other than don't do what I did? Those things are expensive and i cannot even drive my truck at night time I already got pulled over yesterday for cruzing with the fog lights and no headlight . What would yall do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2012, 09:19 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to bwmtnbiker
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdtuttle88 View Post
Alright well I saw in the classifieds forum on here a few weeks ago a guy posting about he will do the harley mod and smoke your headlights. After texting him for about a week and him sending me numerous pictures of his work I trusted the guy and sent him my headlights. I talked to the guy everyday from when I sent the lights up till the day before he said he was shipping them back to me. Here are all the dates. Sent lights on 4/2/11. He received them on 4/5/12. On 4/9/12 (Monday) he said he was shipping them tomorrow which would have been 4/10/12 (Tuesday). I text the guy Tuesday and asked for a tracking number. No response. I text the guy Wednesday morning, and call Wednesday afternoon. No response. Followed by numerous text and call Thursday and Friday. I never got confirmation that he shipped?? I shipped them to him the cheapest way and it took only 3 buisness days. If he shipped them Tuesday I would have thought they would have made it by the weekend, but I know it dosent always go that way. The only thing that has me puzzled is why wont he answer my calls or text? Im not going to accuse anybody right or say a name yet but if they do not show up tomorrow or tuesday and I do not get a phone call I may put his name out there so other people do not do buisness with him. Anybody have any advise with me other than don't do what I did? Those things are expensive and i cannot even drive my truck at night time I already got pulled over yesterday for cruzing with the fog lights and no headlight . What would yall do?
I would talk with your local state attorney office and see what they might suggest. Or you could file a report with the police dept.

Or take a road trip to the address you sent them to and whoop some azz

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 04-15-2012, 09:41 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwmtnbiker View Post
I would talk with your local state attorney office and see what they might suggest. Or you could file a report with the police dept.

Or take a road trip to the address you sent them to and whoop some azz

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Yessir I would definitely do your third suggestion if it wasn't 1200 miles away
Old 04-15-2012, 09:45 AM

What state did you ship to?
Old 04-15-2012, 09:52 AM
Premium Member

Lights went to Indiana.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:54 AM

Well insure hope you get your lights back. Btw that is a beautiful truck there. I love that color I will trade my ccsb KR 04 6.0 for it haha
Old 04-15-2012, 09:58 AM
Premium Member

Thanks I appreciate that. It looks a little different now. I was wanting to get my lights back to put up pictures, but I smoked the tail lights/third-brake light, a different front bumper and painted the grill to match the bronze color. It looks pretty sweet just missing my headlights!

Last edited by cdtuttle88; 04-15-2012 at 10:02 AM.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:03 AM

I hear you on that man. Did you paint the whole grill or just leave the middle chrome like the KR? And what kind of bumper did you put on the front?
Old 04-15-2012, 10:06 AM
Premium Member

I painted the whole thing. I'm not a chrome person by any means, but it looks great on the truck with it all one color. As far as the bumper basically just replaced it with a king ranch bumper that came painted to match the tan color on the bottom of the truck.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:07 AM

That sounds nice. Did you change the back bumper yet too?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.