Cleaning Exhaust Filter - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 Old 04-11-2012, 03:43 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 129
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cleaning Exhaust Filter

waring just came on my new 2011. Would this be caused by just driving 5 miles to work and 5 miles home dailey?
greenmntboy is offline  
post #2 of 30 Old 04-11-2012, 04:06 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
"Stroker 8"'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Full-Time Camper in Ca.
Posts: 5,720
Thanks: 139
Thanked 95 Times in 93 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It depends on various things, driving habits, under load, Def fluid. I know you mention it's New so how many miles on the ticker thus far? I average a Regen about every 200 miles thats city and highway driving. Give us as much in the way of details as possible.

Larry
2015 F-350 CCLB DRW, Lariat Ultimate,
2nd Gen. 6.7L "Scorpion" Turbo Diesel,
440HP/860TQ, Torque Shift 6-speed,
Tuxedo Black W/Charcoal Black Int.,
14,000 LB GVWR,
3:73 Gears W/Limited Slip,
17" Polished Forge Alum. Wheels,
BFG All-Terrain Tires,
Factory 5th Wheel/Gooseneck Prep Pkg.,
Spray In Bed-Liner,
Supplemental Cab Heater,
Camper Pkg.,
Chrome Pkg.,
FX4-Off Road Pkg.,
Upfitter Switches,
Engine Block Heater,
9025 Lbs. on the CAT Scales.

"Mack Daddy Scorpion!"
"Stroker 8" is offline  
post #3 of 30 Old 04-11-2012, 04:08 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 129
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Stroker 8" View Post
It depends on various things, driving habits, under load, Def fluid. I know you mention it's New so how many miles on the ticker thus far? I average a Regen about every 200 miles thats city and highway driving. Give us as much in the way of details as possible.
Just turned 1700 miles. Live in Vermont so its up hill both ways In 1700 miles this is the first time i have seen teh "Cleaning Exhaust Filter"
greenmntboy is offline  
post #4 of 30 Old 04-11-2012, 04:16 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
"Stroker 8"'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Full-Time Camper in Ca.
Posts: 5,720
Thanks: 139
Thanked 95 Times in 93 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If you blink, you will surley miss it as it does not stay displayed to long. I'm sure your truck has done a few regens up to this point. Just remember to keep the Def tank full. I use Motorcraft Def fluid bought at my local dealer. Comes with a nice filling hose so you won;t overspill and screw up your new paint. Also, drain your water seperator at least monthly to keep water out of the fuel system. A little cetane booster during refueling is a good idea as well. These trucks are very interactive which is why I love 'em so much...

Larry
2015 F-350 CCLB DRW, Lariat Ultimate,
2nd Gen. 6.7L "Scorpion" Turbo Diesel,
440HP/860TQ, Torque Shift 6-speed,
Tuxedo Black W/Charcoal Black Int.,
14,000 LB GVWR,
3:73 Gears W/Limited Slip,
17" Polished Forge Alum. Wheels,
BFG All-Terrain Tires,
Factory 5th Wheel/Gooseneck Prep Pkg.,
Spray In Bed-Liner,
Supplemental Cab Heater,
Camper Pkg.,
Chrome Pkg.,
FX4-Off Road Pkg.,
Upfitter Switches,
Engine Block Heater,
9025 Lbs. on the CAT Scales.

"Mack Daddy Scorpion!"
"Stroker 8" is offline  
post #5 of 30 Old 04-11-2012, 04:18 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 129
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Stroker 8" View Post
If you blink, you will surley miss it as it does not stay displayed to long. I'm sure your truck has done a few regens up to this point. Just remember to keep the Def tank full. I use Motorcraft Def fluid bought at my local dealer. Comes with a nice filling hose so you won;t overspill and screw up your new paint. Also, drain your water seperator at least monthly to keep water out of the fuel system. A little cetane booster during refueling is a good idea as well. These trucks are very interactive which is why I love 'em so much...
thanks for all the help. I do put an additive in the fuel tank everytime i fil up
greenmntboy is offline  
post #6 of 30 Old 04-11-2012, 04:22 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
"Stroker 8"'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Full-Time Camper in Ca.
Posts: 5,720
Thanks: 139
Thanked 95 Times in 93 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Don't forget to drain the water! It's located under the driver side frame. theres a yellow valve that opens and drains out your fuel/water. Let it drain for about 20 seconds and then completely tighen to keep any air out of your fuel system. You may even want to drain into a clear container and let sit a few days to see what kind of fuel your putting into your new truck.

Larry
2015 F-350 CCLB DRW, Lariat Ultimate,
2nd Gen. 6.7L "Scorpion" Turbo Diesel,
440HP/860TQ, Torque Shift 6-speed,
Tuxedo Black W/Charcoal Black Int.,
14,000 LB GVWR,
3:73 Gears W/Limited Slip,
17" Polished Forge Alum. Wheels,
BFG All-Terrain Tires,
Factory 5th Wheel/Gooseneck Prep Pkg.,
Spray In Bed-Liner,
Supplemental Cab Heater,
Camper Pkg.,
Chrome Pkg.,
FX4-Off Road Pkg.,
Upfitter Switches,
Engine Block Heater,
9025 Lbs. on the CAT Scales.

"Mack Daddy Scorpion!"
"Stroker 8" is offline  
post #7 of 30 Old 04-11-2012, 04:25 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 129
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Stroker 8" View Post
Don't forget to drain the water! It's located under the driver side frame. theres a yellow valve that opens and drains out your fuel/water. Let it drain for about 20 seconds and then completely tighen to keep any air out of your fuel system. You may even want to drain into a clear container and let sit a few days to see what kind of fuel your putting into your new truck.
ok i have never done this. is it necesary even if im putting an additive in everytime i fill up?
greenmntboy is offline  
post #8 of 30 Old 04-11-2012, 04:30 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 173
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
yes drain it it takes 2 minutes

2011 F260 6.7 CC 4x4 LB
gsxr1300 is offline  
post #9 of 30 Old 04-11-2012, 04:32 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
"Stroker 8"'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Full-Time Camper in Ca.
Posts: 5,720
Thanks: 139
Thanked 95 Times in 93 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yes, one has nothing to do with the other. The primary fuel filter located in your Diesel fuel conditioning module filters out impurities and water in your diesel fuel before sending it to your Fuel pump. Water collects and needs to be drained regularly to keep it out of your engine. Your warranty will not cover engine failures due to your neglect in doing this. Make sure you read your Diesel supplement guide that came with your truck.

Larry
2015 F-350 CCLB DRW, Lariat Ultimate,
2nd Gen. 6.7L "Scorpion" Turbo Diesel,
440HP/860TQ, Torque Shift 6-speed,
Tuxedo Black W/Charcoal Black Int.,
14,000 LB GVWR,
3:73 Gears W/Limited Slip,
17" Polished Forge Alum. Wheels,
BFG All-Terrain Tires,
Factory 5th Wheel/Gooseneck Prep Pkg.,
Spray In Bed-Liner,
Supplemental Cab Heater,
Camper Pkg.,
Chrome Pkg.,
FX4-Off Road Pkg.,
Upfitter Switches,
Engine Block Heater,
9025 Lbs. on the CAT Scales.

"Mack Daddy Scorpion!"
"Stroker 8" is offline  
post #10 of 30 Old 04-11-2012, 04:39 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 129
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Stroker 8" View Post
Yes, one has nothing to do with the other. The primary fuel filter located in your Diesel fuel conditioning module filters out impurities and water in your diesel fuel before sending it to your Fuel pump. Water collects and needs to be drained regularly to keep it out of your engine. Your warranty will not cover engine failures due to your neglect in doing this. Make sure you read your Diesel supplement guide that came with your truck.
ok ill do it tonight
greenmntboy is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome