Cleaning Exhaust Filter - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2012, 04:43 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cleaning Exhaust Filter

waring just came on my new 2011. Would this be caused by just driving 5 miles to work and 5 miles home dailey?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2012, 05:06 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

It depends on various things, driving habits, under load, Def fluid. I know you mention it's New so how many miles on the ticker thus far? I average a Regen about every 200 miles thats city and highway driving. Give us as much in the way of details as possible.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Stroker 8" View Post
It depends on various things, driving habits, under load, Def fluid. I know you mention it's New so how many miles on the ticker thus far? I average a Regen about every 200 miles thats city and highway driving. Give us as much in the way of details as possible.
Just turned 1700 miles. Live in Vermont so its up hill both ways In 1700 miles this is the first time i have seen teh "Cleaning Exhaust Filter"
Old 04-11-2012, 05:16 AM

If you blink, you will surley miss it as it does not stay displayed to long. I'm sure your truck has done a few regens up to this point. Just remember to keep the Def tank full. I use Motorcraft Def fluid bought at my local dealer. Comes with a nice filling hose so you won;t overspill and screw up your new paint. Also, drain your water seperator at least monthly to keep water out of the fuel system. A little cetane booster during refueling is a good idea as well. These trucks are very interactive which is why I love 'em so much...
Old 04-11-2012, 05:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
If you blink, you will surley miss it as it does not stay displayed to long. I'm sure your truck has done a few regens up to this point. Just remember to keep the Def tank full. I use Motorcraft Def fluid bought at my local dealer. Comes with a nice filling hose so you won;t overspill and screw up your new paint. Also, drain your water seperator at least monthly to keep water out of the fuel system. A little cetane booster during refueling is a good idea as well. These trucks are very interactive which is why I love 'em so much...
thanks for all the help. I do put an additive in the fuel tank everytime i fil up
Old 04-11-2012, 05:22 AM

Don't forget to drain the water! It's located under the driver side frame. theres a yellow valve that opens and drains out your fuel/water. Let it drain for about 20 seconds and then completely tighen to keep any air out of your fuel system. You may even want to drain into a clear container and let sit a few days to see what kind of fuel your putting into your new truck.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Don't forget to drain the water! It's located under the driver side frame. theres a yellow valve that opens and drains out your fuel/water. Let it drain for about 20 seconds and then completely tighen to keep any air out of your fuel system. You may even want to drain into a clear container and let sit a few days to see what kind of fuel your putting into your new truck.
ok i have never done this. is it necesary even if im putting an additive in everytime i fill up?
Old 04-11-2012, 05:30 AM

yes drain it it takes 2 minutes
Old 04-11-2012, 05:32 AM

Yes, one has nothing to do with the other. The primary fuel filter located in your Diesel fuel conditioning module filters out impurities and water in your diesel fuel before sending it to your Fuel pump. Water collects and needs to be drained regularly to keep it out of your engine. Your warranty will not cover engine failures due to your neglect in doing this. Make sure you read your Diesel supplement guide that came with your truck.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Yes, one has nothing to do with the other. The primary fuel filter located in your Diesel fuel conditioning module filters out impurities and water in your diesel fuel before sending it to your Fuel pump. Water collects and needs to be drained regularly to keep it out of your engine. Your warranty will not cover engine failures due to your neglect in doing this. Make sure you read your Diesel supplement guide that came with your truck.
ok ill do it tonight
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.