New Flash - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2012, 03:58 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New Flash

Was doing some work and used my truck as the test again. Looks like a new flash must have just come out. Was nothing last week. Got the info this time .

Have not driven but a few hunred kms seems better shifting? Better response? But it always seems that way after a flash for a while. Was a PCM and TCM on this one.

Josh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2012, 08:42 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

This is about F450s and may not apply to 250 and 350.

Last Friday, 4/6 I got into my truck to go home from work. I had ran a couple of errands that day so the truck was still warm and had only been parked an hour. I made it 2 miles and the screen went black with big orange letters saying "50 miles to 50mph limiter, exhaust system fault". Then the miles started to count down from 50.

I went directly to the dealer which was 31 of the 50 miles and the count down was at 19 when I got there. The truck had set "a federal code" according to the tech who was checking it out. "This code can't be reset" he said. There was a temporary failure of the nitrous oxide sensor that set the code but the sensor was working now. The truck must be repaired and then driven for 15 minutes without another failure and then it resets itself, I was told.

So, the tech began downloading a complete set of codes for EVERY computer on the truck!! He told me there was an update for the TCM too. After about 90 minutes of reprogramming everything he said to drive for 15 minutes and see if the warning and countdown went away and if not to limp back. He had also unplugged the sensor and put new grease in the plug while waiting for the downloads.

Sure enough, 15 minutes down the road the dash cleared and has been fine since. I have driven about 350 miles since then.

I want to say again, and the tech even told me this, the F450 uses much different software than the 250s and 350s do. My point is there is an update for the F450 transmission and I can already tell it is a big improvement.

You might like hearing this too, , , , , , when the tech first introduced himself to me and started working on my truck, , he said "these are going to put me out of a job soon, , , we don't get them in for anything but service". He was talking about the 6.7 Powerstroke trucks!!! I told him not as long as they are trying to quit running in the middle of the road with only 2360 miles on the clock and he said my truck was the first he has had ANY issue with. He is the Powerstroke tech at a very large dealership and does all the software work.

I guess that made me feel a little better but a couple hundred thousand miles on my truck, trouble free, would make me feel a whole lot better!!!!!!
Old 04-13-2012, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camdenlake View Post
Was doing some work and used my truck as the test again. Looks like a new flash must have just come out. Was nothing last week. Got the info this time .

Have not driven but a few hunred kms seems better shifting? Better response? But it always seems that way after a flash for a while. Was a PCM and TCM on this one.

Josh.
Anyone have a copy of this TSB?
Old 04-15-2012, 07:32 PM
Premium Member

Just got back from about a 2200km trip. Still pulling really hard. Feels like a tuned truck. Shifts are much better thought it was good before but it is way better. Still seems to be lag free off the line.

Josh
Old 04-17-2012, 12:56 PM

Hey Mowdoc- I'm in LV and am curious who services your F-450? BTW, my service writer says the same thing about the 6.7. No service issues. Just regular service. Nice job Ford!
Old 04-17-2012, 02:11 PM
Supporting Vendor

so is this flash only for the 450s? or are 350s also getting it?
Old 04-17-2012, 02:43 PM
Premium Member

Mine it is a 350. I assume all 6.7 pickup class trucks (non c&c).

Josh
Old 04-19-2012, 06:39 AM

I do not know if the 250-350 trucks are involved or not. I just know the 450s have an update for the trans and it really is a noticeable improvement. I also was told by my Ford tech that the 450 uses different software.

Blue F350 - I am dealing with the guys at Gaudin now-a-days. So far they have been aces with me. I used to do business with the dealer in the northwest, which is only a mile from my house, but got tired of being lied to, over charged and delayed on every damn thing they did. Those idiots at T--- can't understand why I took my money elsewhere?? They have missed THREE new vehicle sales with me this year so far because of the service dept. I have also sent two friends to Gaudin that bought new cars.

Turned out good for me though as I am very happy with Gaudin and the way they know how to treat a customer - - like remember your name. I send my wife in there to pick up stuff and they even carry the heavy things out for her. You can't get that at a grocery store any more!!!
Old 04-21-2012, 01:50 PM

Mowdoc - I have Friendly Ford around the corner from me and they do a nice job with the servcie. My service writer Kathy is a superstar. She remembers my service history without even looking at the computer. I don't buy from them but the service is good thus far. Stay cool!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.