Price justification - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2012, 11:19 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Price justification

Im new to the diesel world and I just bought this truck thursday. Maybe its just me but im still having an hard time thinking I just spent 51k on a vehicle. Its not that I can't afford it, but its the principle of spending that amount of money on something. Does or did anybody else after you bought think damn what did I do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2012, 11:25 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Not once. I love my truck almost as much as my wife... And she knows that too
Old 04-07-2012, 11:28 AM

Depends. You really have to be into these trucks for any sort of "justification." The justification is having such an amazing top of the line vehicle. Walking out to my truck with a smile on my face is justification enough. Feeling such awesome hp and torque while stepping on the accelerator while riding in a cadillac is justification. Trucks like this are investments these days--and in my eyes, well worth the dough. Drive and enjoy brother. oh yea, congrats on the new rig, and
Old 04-07-2012, 01:08 PM

Oh yea by far there is not a truck on the market that is better imo. Im 29 and my normal limit on vehicles is about 30k. Im in love with my truck but people around me is like "damn you bought a new f250 thats like 50gs" lol. I can honestly say everytime I get into my truck I get a **** eating grin from ear to ear. I thank you for the welcome and hope im here for a long time.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:57 PM

One thing about these trucks especially the Ford, they typically hold there value very well compared to most other vehicles in their price range.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:08 PM

Ford and GM both hold there value the same. Dodge, not so much. The dodge is lower priced and if you do the math, the percentage is almost the exact same. So... they all hold there value the same.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:50 PM

Ordered a new one 3.5 weeks ago. After haggling and a good value for my Tundra (which was paid off) in trade, the price is very reasonable. The starting price...well...they are expensive for sure. But, I trust I won't regret it after doing 16 months of looking at Ford/GM/Dodge and deciding on Ford.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:07 PM

Lovin' every minute of it!!!
Old 04-07-2012, 05:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Be glad your south of the border. My lariat when i got it new was stickered @ 72g got it for 61, But i would do it all over again, love my truck if i totaled it today i would turn around and buy the exact same one again.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I paid 52K for my 2011 F250 FX4 in Oct this past year. I came from a 2003 GMC 2500 HD. The Ford is a lot more truck. I've just clocked over 6200 miles on it and its a beast. Though I would have liked a little more mileage as most of the time I get just at 15mpg. Honestly, I should have bought the Ford back in 2003, but maybe not since all the problems they had. I don't think you will be disappointed as anytime I can I take the truck unless I am really tired then the wife drives me around in her car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.