upgrades - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2012, 12:28 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
upgrades

ok i have a 2011 f350 6.7l diesel. i would like to upgrade it by changing the exhaust to something a little louder and eliminating def, install a short ram intake, and install a tune that eliminates the def and has a controller i can mount on the dash so i can switch form a towing or race tune to a street tune to an economy tune... any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2012, 02:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

H&S or Spartan tuner, and for exhaust you have MBRP and flo-pro. Both are capable of deleting the dpf. Both tuners disable the EGR.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 04-01-2012, 04:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Most guys (including me) run the H&S. Exhaust is pretty personal. I'm running the 4" MBRP DPF delete with a muffler. I think it's a little too loud, but sounds killer.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:19 AM

ok thanks guys. would you recomend the h&s mini maxx or the black maxx? and can i get any exhaust for the truck and just get the mbrp dpf delete?
Old 04-02-2012, 12:32 PM

i jusst threw flo pro 5 inch with no muffler on mine loud as hell and i love it there are a few companys that offer a 4 inch dpf delete pipe just replaces one section of you exhaust... I also run h&s its verry easy can run 4 diffrent tunes stock mild wild and hot. it works great so from all the reasearch i did on the spartan forums seems the product they have for the 6.7 is no where near as good as there 6.4 counterpart but once again its your truck do what you want and enjoy it
Old 04-02-2012, 12:33 PM

oh yeah i dont think they make the monitor for the black maxx any more and the mini maxx seemed too small when it arrived in the mail but after mounting i think its the perfect size
Old 04-02-2012, 12:44 PM

ok so im settled on the mini maxx actually just ordered it but now i have a couple weeks to think about the exhaust...i want it to sound good and i def want to do the dpf delete but i don't want straight pipes i had that on my f-150 and it was too loud... my neighbors already hate me enough lol

thanks guys
Old 04-02-2012, 03:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekless315 View Post
ok so im settled on the mini maxx actually just ordered it but now i have a couple weeks to think about the exhaust...i want it to sound good and i def want to do the dpf delete but i don't want straight pipes i had that on my f-150 and it was too loud... my neighbors already hate me enough lol

thanks guys
I posted for you on the nation but I'll tell you again for what it sounds like you are after. Get a 4" with muffler

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 04-02-2012, 03:26 PM

haha thanks man. $s a little tight right now and i wanted a dual exhaust so i think im going to order the mbrp dpf delete pipe and use the stock system for a while and eventually order another system... i will most likely go with the mbrp dual and figure out how to just add a muffler in there somewhere
Old 04-17-2012, 09:21 PM

Ok new ?... Does the mini maxx have the capability to be a turbo timer? If not does anyone know where to get one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
mod, parts, upgrade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.