DEF filler - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2012, 06:26 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
DEF filler

I got an education today at the truck stop. (I picked a time when they weren't to busy) I tried to fill my DEF tank from the bulk tank - got about 10cents worth each time I squeezed the handle. Finally gave up and tried a different pump, same thing. Gave up all together and went inside and asked about it. Said they had to authorize it. So went back out and tried again and same thing, then she said to come back in and borrow their adapter. I finally got a proper fill rate of the tank with the adapter. Here's the only link I've been able to find of the adapter:
DEF adapter
Does anyone know of any other places that have one for less $$$$ ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2012, 07:23 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Try a different truck stop. I used two different Pilot bulk pumps and they worked fine, without an adapter.

I did have a problem with my bank for my debit card though. When I tried to authorize from the pump it would get declined, so I ended up just giving a cash deposit at the register, pumping, and then getting my change back.

I had to tell my bank that I wanted to authorize "DEF" when pumping fuel. Pretty stupid if you ask me, but I guess they're trying to keep me safe from identity theft.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylife View Post
I got an education today at the truck stop. (I picked a time when they weren't to busy) I tried to fill my DEF tank from the bulk tank - got about 10cents worth each time I squeezed the handle. Finally gave up and tried a different pump, same thing. Gave up all together and went inside and asked about it. Said they had to authorize it. So went back out and tried again and same thing, then she said to come back in and borrow their adapter. I finally got a proper fill rate of the tank with the adapter. Here's the only link I've been able to find of the adapter:
DEF adapter
Does anyone know of any other places that have one for less $$$$ ?
My first fill up was at Pilot with no issues. Second fill up or attempt to fill up. Everything you describe happened to me. I even tried different pumps and never got more then .10 if that. I figured it was their pumps that were defective and so did the maintenance guy that tried to help me.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:40 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Some of the pumps have a magnetic sensor on them to make sure the pump is inserted into the tank and has not fallen out. The adapter provides the opposing metal ring for the magnet to sense when ever you fill a plastic jug or if the magnet can not sense the metal of your bed. Our trucks have a plastic filler neck, So the magnet just doesn't sense them.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:29 AM

I stopped in at Love's truck stop and they had the adapters for $15. So I got one just-in-case I ever need one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.