Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Returned it back to stock and now...

4K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  travisH3 
#1 ·
Has anyone turned their tuned and deleted 6.7 completely back to stock? I just did today because I couldn't make myself fall in love with the tune. It's a SO much smoother truck stock. Now I'm getting a CEL. It says EGR control valve stuck open. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this problem after returning to stock.

#4 ·
Someone else on this forum had their truck tuned, and returned it to stock, and had the same issue if I recall correctly... They took their truck in and had to have their EGR replaced by ford, and I think it was all taken care of under warranty.
The EGR on a 6.7 does not cycle through like on a 6.4, so you typically get alot of soot build up on it.

#9 ·
I just had my egr deleted, it was exceptionally clean even with the high miles. I inspected it and was impressed!! I was told it is not positioned the same as the 6.4, my ignorance as to what the difference is...however it is clean!! Surprisingly.:thumb:

#5 ·
I noticed how hard it shifted and how fast it would go through the gears wich would make it lug when not puting your foot into it. I had just installed mine 2 weeks ago and I was ready to go back to stock. I decided to call H&S and let them know I was unhappy with there tune they said they where working on a new overdrive tune and that it would clean all of that jumpy sh-t up. It did I downloaded friday and I am very pleased with the programer now. everthing seems to be runing and working great.

#7 ·
Did you unplug the 2 egr valves under the hood when u had the truck tuned?

#12 ·
do the egr delete or atleast block off plates. that will keep soot from caking up on the egr. back in the 6.0, you could get the egr out to clean it without breaking it but it was a job. the newer trucks even the puller tool breaks them. Im still under warranty so im thinking im gonna do the block off plates that way no soot gets to the intake, and they are easily removeable when the time comes, or when i do a full delete.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.