6.7 schoooling needed - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2012, 07:39 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.7 schoooling needed

alright guys here is the scoop my father in law bought a new 6.7 and is looking to what to maintain and what chip or module to use to get better mileage he isnt looking to make it a power house since they have so much out of stock the only issue he has had is chopped tires so far and loves the truck. we just would like to know if there is anything to watch out for i have a 6.0 and researched all the issues and im very happy w mine and he wants to be in the same boat and not blind sided you all have been good to me with info on my 6.0 and i know you will all send us in the right direction with his new truck.
Thanks everyone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2012, 05:58 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

You only need one thing... Punctuation! lol Just kidding man. I don't know of this chip for better fuel milage, I bought the H and S Mini Max. K & N does not make a drop in air filter but I think AirRaid, and AFE (I think). Other than that, you'll need a tuner.
Old 03-17-2012, 03:13 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Well as long as it is a schooling thread I'll ask this.

Does the OE anti freeze, presuming they still use the Ford A/F with silicate, need to be changed out to an ELC coolant and also does this coolant system need or require a coolant filter like my old 6.0 did?
Old 03-18-2012, 04:04 AM

I don't think the tuners/delete are making more than about a 10% increase in mileage. I find that not worth sacrificing the warranty for. If he keeps the truck for 90,000 miles and averages 14 mpg he will use about $25,000 worth of diesel. So he could save 10% or $2500 on fuel by tuning which is not far off what a tuner and exhaust is going to cost. Why bother?
Old 03-18-2012, 05:30 AM

I believe the fuel savings will be a little better. I have no numbers to post right now. Tuning is half of the way, you need to DPF delete as well. I know the warranty is voided..... If they can prove it. If I have a complete breakdown, my plan is to remove everything I installed and lie to them! lol
Old 03-19-2012, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubamax View Post
I believe the fuel savings will be a little better. I have no numbers to post right now. Tuning is half of the way, you need to DPF delete as well. I know the warranty is voided..... If they can prove it. If I have a complete breakdown, my plan is to remove everything I installed and lie to them! lol
Good luck with that, everything you've done is recorded by the truck's computer. They'll bust you, and they should too if the mods caused the failure, it's fraud.

Waxy
Old 03-19-2012, 03:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

You may want to look into the Torq2.1 if you want a "programmer" (yes I know its not a programmer) that can easily be removed from the truck before taking in for warranty and is supposed to be undetectabe due to it not reporgramming the Computer . It is supposed to increase mileage a little and costs around 450 dollars. Innovative diesel makes it.

Last edited by t-nytro; 03-19-2012 at 03:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.