Fuel Filter Purchase - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2012, 08:15 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fuel Filter Purchase

Where are y'all getting your fuel filters? I want to change them myself in the future..had dealer do it once, and that will be the last time..good grief..do we have to buy them at the dealer for warranty purposes, or is there a good place online to get them? Ive seen the fuel water separator for about $50 bucks online, but have not found the engine mount filter anywhere yet. Thanks for your help..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2012, 09:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gottabigtruck View Post
Where are y'all getting your fuel filters? I want to change them myself in the future..had dealer do it once, and that will be the last time..good grief..do we have to buy them at the dealer for warranty purposes, or is there a good place online to get them? Ive seen the fuel water separator for about $50 bucks online, but have not found the engine mount filter anywhere yet. Thanks for your help..
dieselfiltersonline.com has good prices on all filters and if you order enough there is free shipping.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:29 AM

That is no joke just had mine done also my dealer told me when I bought the truck I could do my own service work on it just keep good records of everything I do receipts for the oil and filters you buy and the date time and mileage when work is done but I drive a semi also and have a bulk tank so I take it to them to do so I have records what they charge to do the oil change I couldnt buy the oil separately 4 also their oil filter is cheaper than any you buy from the part stores so I figured the fuel filter would be the same way so I just had them do it why they had it
Got my eyes opened on that experience like you if I can find a filter I think I will just do it myself
Sent from my Milestone PLUS using AutoGuide.com App
Old 03-13-2012, 04:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

[FD-4615]Ford 6.7 L Turbo Diesel fuel/water filter kit.(FD4615) - Diesel Filters,Additives,brake rotors, and brake pads for Chevy, Dodge and Ford Diesel Trucks
Old 03-13-2012, 04:04 PM

Guess I didn't look at the site closely enough before, I didn't realize the kit had both filters...thanks for the link
Old 03-13-2012, 04:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

It's a great site. Bought all my filters for my 6.0 there. I'm about to purchase a 6.7 on Friday, I'm pretty excited for it.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:20 PM

Congrats on the new truck...you know what ur gettin? CC, single wheel? Trim package? Had mine almost 6 mos and really lovin it, trying to scratch together some money to start upgrading the suspension...good luck with the new truck
Old 03-13-2012, 04:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

It's a 2012 F250 CC long box Lariat with the chrome package. I can't wait to be back in a Powerstroke. My 07 F350 CC long box 6.0 had an electrical nightmare go on, so I sold it in a haste and got a 1500 chevy cc with a short box. It was like I bought a hatch back car compared to my ford. And now here I am 6 months later trading it in for a Stroker. I've done nothing but look at new fords since I sold my 6.0. My wife finally got tired of me on the PC everyday looking and blessed off on me getting a new truck. I've been a kid in a candy store the last week and a half searching for the right one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.