Guys with programmers - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2012, 01:00 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Guys with programmers

Just out of curiosity, what kind of performance gains, fuel mileage gains and so on are you fellas with H&S programmers seeing? Was it worth it in losing your warranty on a 50k+ truck? I've heard 2 different things about it being untraceable so I was just wondering. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2012, 01:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbarnett1 View Post
Just out of curiosity, what kind of performance gains, fuel mileage gains and so on are you fellas with H&S programmers seeing? Was it worth it in losing your warranty on a 50k+ truck? I've heard 2 different things about it being untraceable so I was just wondering. Thanks
My mods are in my signature. Before I did a dpf delete. My mini max gained me about 1mpg then stock. After I deleted dpf im seeing about 3-3.5mpg gain from stock. not to mention more power.
If your really interested in mileage gains tune and delete dpf.

For the warranty question. For any warranty work to be voided, the use or installation of after market products has to be proven to be the cause of the issue. Plus it varies from dealer to dealer, some are more lienant then others for after market products.

There is several threads on here about people worried about warranty issues.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL
Old 03-11-2012, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryce18 View Post
My mods are in my signature. Before I did a dpf delete. My mini max gained me about 1mpg then stock. After I deleted dpf im seeing about 3-3.5mpg gain from stock. not to mention more power.
If your really interested in mileage gains tune and delete dpf.

For the warranty question. For any warranty work to be voided, the use or installation of after market products has to be proven to be the cause of the issue. Plus it varies from dealer to dealer, some are more lienant then others for after market products.

There is several threads on here about people worried about warranty issues.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

I am in the same boat as the OP, except I have a 2008 with a spartan on it so I hate to switch to H&S because I have already dumped that $$$$. I see you gained up to 3.5, so what is your mileage now?? I am seeing 14.5 - 15.5 avg mpgs on my 08 with dpf delete. I would need to get 17.5 & up to make it worth wild to switch
Old 03-11-2012, 06:02 PM

Here is a pic of my trip monitor off my truck.

It was 90% freeway driving 74-77mph

and i hand calculated and it matched my trucks calculations.

before the deletes on the same trip, i only avg 18 i believe.

If i slow down to 60-65mph ive seen up to 22.8mpg.. but i never drive that slow lol

Old 03-11-2012, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroken49s View Post
I am in the same boat as the OP, except I have a 2008 with a spartan on it so I hate to switch to H&S because I have already dumped that $$$$. I see you gained up to 3.5, so what is your mileage now?? I am seeing 14.5 - 15.5 avg mpgs on my 08 with dpf delete. I would need to get 17.5 & up to make it worth wild to switch
Im not completely sure, but its a gamble for you to notice better mileage by switching to H&S.

Although i do have a buddy with a 6.4L H&S tuned and deleted, and he sees 17-18mpg..
Old 03-11-2012, 06:08 PM

I'm not so much worried about the fuel mileage as I am about the warranty void. I would hate to spend about a grand on an H&S and lose my warranty which I also got for 100k miles. Just curious as to if y'all think it was worth it to add. I know it varies from dealer to dealer and some people say if you take it off they can't prove it was ever installed but from what I've read other places it's pretty easy to tell if there has been a programmer. I'd love to have one and do all the deletes but after my 6.0 nightmare I'd hate to keep taking it off to go to the shop.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbarnett1 View Post
I'm not so much worried about the fuel mileage as I am about the warranty void. I would hate to spend about a grand on an H&S and lose my warranty which I also got for 100k miles. Just curious as to if y'all think it was worth it to add. I know it varies from dealer to dealer and some people say if you take it off they can't prove it was ever installed but from what I've read other places it's pretty easy to tell if there has been a programmer. I'd love to have one and do all the deletes but after my 6.0 nightmare I'd hate to keep taking it off to go to the shop.
Well what i like about my H&S mini maxx, i can uninstall it from my 6.7L and download different truck files and install it on several different diesels made by ford, gm, and dodge.

And dont worry, these 6.7's arent anything like the 6.0's after 17000 miles the only time mine foes to my dealer is for regular service. and once to get a new driver side power mirror under warranty (never worked from when i drove it off the lot).

Last edited by Bryce18; 03-11-2012 at 06:18 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-11-2012, 07:36 PM

Do you know what gears your truck has
Old 03-11-2012, 07:40 PM

Ya I have 3.55 with stock 18"rims and 32" tires
Old 03-11-2012, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryce18 View Post
Ya I have 3.55 with stock 18"rims and 32" tires
I guess if I got my head out I would have read that in your sig, what size tires, factory is a 34", well atleast on 20" Wheels, But I thought my spare was the same size and its an 18" Wheel And why does your King Ranch have 18's, I thought they had a different wheel from the XLT and Lariats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.