Guys with programmers - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 03-11-2012, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 102
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Guys with programmers

Just out of curiosity, what kind of performance gains, fuel mileage gains and so on are you fellas with H&S programmers seeing? Was it worth it in losing your warranty on a 50k+ truck? I've heard 2 different things about it being untraceable so I was just wondering. Thanks
Cbarnett1 is offline  
post #2 of 16 Old 03-11-2012, 01:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Bryce18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kings River Nevada
Posts: 1,300
Thanks: 151
Thanked 24 Times in 19 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbarnett1 View Post
Just out of curiosity, what kind of performance gains, fuel mileage gains and so on are you fellas with H&S programmers seeing? Was it worth it in losing your warranty on a 50k+ truck? I've heard 2 different things about it being untraceable so I was just wondering. Thanks
My mods are in my signature. Before I did a dpf delete. My mini max gained me about 1mpg then stock. After I deleted dpf im seeing about 3-3.5mpg gain from stock. not to mention more power.
If your really interested in mileage gains tune and delete dpf.

For the warranty question. For any warranty work to be voided, the use or installation of after market products has to be proven to be the cause of the issue. Plus it varies from dealer to dealer, some are more lienant then others for after market products.

There is several threads on here about people worried about warranty issues.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL



'11 F250, 6.7 PSD, 3.55 gears, FX4 CC,SB,KR,5% tint, Hankooks w/ moto metal 959's, B&W hitch
Mods
S&B CAI
H&S MINI
5" mbrp strait pipe
H&S EGR block offs
VIAIR OBA
U.P.train horns

Bryce
Bryce18 is offline  
post #3 of 16 Old 03-11-2012, 04:09 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Stroken49s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Long Beach MS
Posts: 818
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryce18 View Post
My mods are in my signature. Before I did a dpf delete. My mini max gained me about 1mpg then stock. After I deleted dpf im seeing about 3-3.5mpg gain from stock. not to mention more power.
If your really interested in mileage gains tune and delete dpf.

For the warranty question. For any warranty work to be voided, the use or installation of after market products has to be proven to be the cause of the issue. Plus it varies from dealer to dealer, some are more lienant then others for after market products.

There is several threads on here about people worried about warranty issues.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

I am in the same boat as the OP, except I have a 2008 with a spartan on it so I hate to switch to H&S because I have already dumped that $$$$. I see you gained up to 3.5, so what is your mileage now?? I am seeing 14.5 - 15.5 avg mpgs on my 08 with dpf delete. I would need to get 17.5 & up to make it worth wild to switch

Tim S. MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST
2000 F250 w/ 28.5 CHASE N HOOKERS LIFT
SOLD: 2008 F350 King Ranch CC/LWB Dually, SPARTANIZED DPF DELETE, AFE STAGE II
SOLD: 2006 F250 XLT CCSWB FX4 w/ 6" Lift on 37" BFGs
SOLD: 2008 F250 Lariat CCSWB 4X4 Stock W/Spartan DPF Delete & AFE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto2four View Post
"if my aunt had nuts she would be my uncle."
Stroken49s is offline  
post #4 of 16 Old 03-11-2012, 06:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Bryce18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kings River Nevada
Posts: 1,300
Thanks: 151
Thanked 24 Times in 19 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Here is a pic of my trip monitor off my truck.

It was 90% freeway driving 74-77mph

and i hand calculated and it matched my trucks calculations.

before the deletes on the same trip, i only avg 18 i believe.

If i slow down to 60-65mph ive seen up to 22.8mpg.. but i never drive that slow lol




'11 F250, 6.7 PSD, 3.55 gears, FX4 CC,SB,KR,5% tint, Hankooks w/ moto metal 959's, B&W hitch
Mods
S&B CAI
H&S MINI
5" mbrp strait pipe
H&S EGR block offs
VIAIR OBA
U.P.train horns

Bryce
Bryce18 is offline  
post #5 of 16 Old 03-11-2012, 06:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Bryce18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kings River Nevada
Posts: 1,300
Thanks: 151
Thanked 24 Times in 19 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroken49s View Post
I am in the same boat as the OP, except I have a 2008 with a spartan on it so I hate to switch to H&S because I have already dumped that $$$$. I see you gained up to 3.5, so what is your mileage now?? I am seeing 14.5 - 15.5 avg mpgs on my 08 with dpf delete. I would need to get 17.5 & up to make it worth wild to switch
Im not completely sure, but its a gamble for you to notice better mileage by switching to H&S.

Although i do have a buddy with a 6.4L H&S tuned and deleted, and he sees 17-18mpg..



'11 F250, 6.7 PSD, 3.55 gears, FX4 CC,SB,KR,5% tint, Hankooks w/ moto metal 959's, B&W hitch
Mods
S&B CAI
H&S MINI
5" mbrp strait pipe
H&S EGR block offs
VIAIR OBA
U.P.train horns

Bryce
Bryce18 is offline  
post #6 of 16 Old 03-11-2012, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 102
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm not so much worried about the fuel mileage as I am about the warranty void. I would hate to spend about a grand on an H&S and lose my warranty which I also got for 100k miles. Just curious as to if y'all think it was worth it to add. I know it varies from dealer to dealer and some people say if you take it off they can't prove it was ever installed but from what I've read other places it's pretty easy to tell if there has been a programmer. I'd love to have one and do all the deletes but after my 6.0 nightmare I'd hate to keep taking it off to go to the shop.
Cbarnett1 is offline  
post #7 of 16 Old 03-11-2012, 06:17 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Bryce18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kings River Nevada
Posts: 1,300
Thanks: 151
Thanked 24 Times in 19 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbarnett1 View Post
I'm not so much worried about the fuel mileage as I am about the warranty void. I would hate to spend about a grand on an H&S and lose my warranty which I also got for 100k miles. Just curious as to if y'all think it was worth it to add. I know it varies from dealer to dealer and some people say if you take it off they can't prove it was ever installed but from what I've read other places it's pretty easy to tell if there has been a programmer. I'd love to have one and do all the deletes but after my 6.0 nightmare I'd hate to keep taking it off to go to the shop.
Well what i like about my H&S mini maxx, i can uninstall it from my 6.7L and download different truck files and install it on several different diesels made by ford, gm, and dodge.

And dont worry, these 6.7's arent anything like the 6.0's after 17000 miles the only time mine foes to my dealer is for regular service. and once to get a new driver side power mirror under warranty (never worked from when i drove it off the lot).



'11 F250, 6.7 PSD, 3.55 gears, FX4 CC,SB,KR,5% tint, Hankooks w/ moto metal 959's, B&W hitch
Mods
S&B CAI
H&S MINI
5" mbrp strait pipe
H&S EGR block offs
VIAIR OBA
U.P.train horns

Bryce

Last edited by Bryce18; 03-11-2012 at 06:18 PM. Reason: typo
Bryce18 is offline  
post #8 of 16 Old 03-11-2012, 07:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Stroken49s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Long Beach MS
Posts: 818
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Do you know what gears your truck has

Tim S. MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST
2000 F250 w/ 28.5 CHASE N HOOKERS LIFT
SOLD: 2008 F350 King Ranch CC/LWB Dually, SPARTANIZED DPF DELETE, AFE STAGE II
SOLD: 2006 F250 XLT CCSWB FX4 w/ 6" Lift on 37" BFGs
SOLD: 2008 F250 Lariat CCSWB 4X4 Stock W/Spartan DPF Delete & AFE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto2four View Post
"if my aunt had nuts she would be my uncle."
Stroken49s is offline  
post #9 of 16 Old 03-11-2012, 07:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Bryce18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kings River Nevada
Posts: 1,300
Thanks: 151
Thanked 24 Times in 19 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ya I have 3.55 with stock 18"rims and 32" tires



'11 F250, 6.7 PSD, 3.55 gears, FX4 CC,SB,KR,5% tint, Hankooks w/ moto metal 959's, B&W hitch
Mods
S&B CAI
H&S MINI
5" mbrp strait pipe
H&S EGR block offs
VIAIR OBA
U.P.train horns

Bryce
Bryce18 is offline  
post #10 of 16 Old 03-11-2012, 07:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Stroken49s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Long Beach MS
Posts: 818
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryce18 View Post
Ya I have 3.55 with stock 18"rims and 32" tires
I guess if I got my head out I would have read that in your sig, what size tires, factory is a 34", well atleast on 20" Wheels, But I thought my spare was the same size and its an 18" Wheel And why does your King Ranch have 18's, I thought they had a different wheel from the XLT and Lariats

Tim S. MISSISSIPPI GULF COAST
2000 F250 w/ 28.5 CHASE N HOOKERS LIFT
SOLD: 2008 F350 King Ranch CC/LWB Dually, SPARTANIZED DPF DELETE, AFE STAGE II
SOLD: 2006 F250 XLT CCSWB FX4 w/ 6" Lift on 37" BFGs
SOLD: 2008 F250 Lariat CCSWB 4X4 Stock W/Spartan DPF Delete & AFE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto2four View Post
"if my aunt had nuts she would be my uncle."
Stroken49s is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome