IT'S HERE - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2012, 12:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
IT'S HERE

well our '12 f450 got the dealer late last night.
the only problems is they forgot the fog lights and we need to take care of the cheap plastic flares. anyone got any idea what we can do for fender flares. i dont think you can paint these because they are textured? we could just take them off but tires would stick out past fenders and is there holes in the body behind the flare.

the next question i have is, does any one know if i can still tune the cab and chassis the same way the pickup. it has a diff turbo and the hp is backed down to 300 or 350 im guessing im going to have to just get a delete pipe and not full exhaust because the cab and chassis has a large fuel tank at the very back and the exhaust is bent weird, plus rear axle is huge. and for an intake since the turbo's are supposedly different, will aftermarket intakes still fit????

thanks for any help you guys. havent got to drive the truck yet, its going to get the aluminum flat bed put on it. and the pics dont do the truck justice. it has lug nut covers for the aluminum 19.5's and we are getting rid of them horrid fender flares. my dad was pealing off the clean idle sticker and they were yelling at him so thats coming off too

options
-sync
-remote start
-aluminum 19.5" rims
-power windows, mirrors, seats, locks
-4:30 gears
-elect 4x4

Last edited by travisH3; 03-10-2012 at 12:31 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2012, 12:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Congrats on the new truck, Looks Good. I'm sure with the Aluminum Body it will be Quite impressive. Mine has the Alum-Line and I'm very pleased. The specs are on the valve cover on passenger side, 300hp and 660lb torque for Cab/Chassis. The dealer SHOULD have specified this before you placed your order. It does take some getting used to when you are expecting Big power. Good Luck, Try to focus on the other benefits of the new truck. You can actually go to a drive thru window without being asked to Shut it down.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:33 PM
Don't you worry about it

Im with you on the flares, ford really did go to hell with the flares and dually fenders after 2010 IMO
Old 03-10-2012, 12:36 PM

yeah that's what i'm afraid of, my dad has been running around in the 2010 6.4 tune with dpf delete and i have a feeling he is going to be real upset when he tows. only thing that will help is the 4:30 gears, we were seriously contemplating ordering a f450 pickup and taking the bed off to get the 400/800 which i think we should have done. and i always had that problem with drive thrus with my 6.0's. 6.4 really cut down on the noise. havent heard the new one run yet.

i cant tell, does your truck have the painted flares? post pics of your truck. that looks sweet.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokinpower View Post
Im with you on the flares, ford really did go to hell with the flares and dually fenders after 2010 IMO
yeah, i wonder how much someone was paid to design these bad boys. looks like they took the small ones and filled them up like a baloon.
maybe i can get a set of bushwacker flares colormatched. its just sad you pay almost 50k for just a cab and the drivetrain and you have to spend more money to get it to look classy. pay 1000 extra for these wheels and they put flares like that on, oh and did i mention that 1000 only included 4 wheels, the inside rear tires have the cheap painted ones that rust. awesome!!!!
Old 03-10-2012, 03:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Why do the de-tune the cab and chassis? And why didn't you all pay and get the bed then remove for the extra hp?
Old 03-10-2012, 03:22 PM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Thats a fine looking truck.
Old 03-10-2012, 04:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to Dim Sum
The truck has a different turbo, but wait till you drive it before you pull the tuner card. From what I understand, these engines are just rated differently and the F-450+ trucks tow just as well as high "rated" engines.

Give it a shot. The 6.7 is so much better driving than the 6.4 you won't think its the same truck. I had a tuned 6.4 and the 6.7 is not tuned. No plans to change that.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:08 PM

I agree on the dually fenders and fender flairs. Yank those off as soon as you find an alternative! Otherwise, great truck! Love the color!
Old 03-10-2012, 06:39 PM

We have a 450 pickup and a 450 dump truck and I'm pleased with the power of both. We also have 2 6.0 550s and I have a tuned and deleted 6.7. I like all of them. But that 450 cab and chassis I think has plenty of power. Haven't towed a lot with it though.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.