Fass/Air dog/Dahl 150 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 12:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fass/Air dog/Dahl 150

Ok here is what I am thinking. Let me know if you think this will work. I am not wanting to do any aftermarket performance work on this truck. But I have been doing to much Internet research and I think I have scared myself into cleaning up my fuel. I have been looking into the fass system but the information is just not there as far as instruction manuals and what not. ( I have ran both on previous trucks and the only difference I notice is the noise level). I am thinking of running the AD II 100 as well as in conjunction with the DAHL 150 and both factory fuel filters. The concerns I have are as follows.

1) will the AD be able to push the fuel the truck needs through all filter devices. ( thinking about putting the Dahl 150 on the return side of the AD? )

2) is this much filtration needed?

3) any chances of not catching the water with this set up?

4) Anyone installed one of the AD's yet. I wanna figure out a way to get quick connects and not damage any factory lines in the event that I have to take it into the dealer I can remove everything and put it back to factory. Any advice would be great.

Thanks,

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2012, 07:20 PM

So if I am reading this correctly, your plan (at this point) is to push the fuel through 3 sets of filters?
Old 03-07-2012, 03:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Well kinda. The air dog filter / water separator, ford water separator, ford filter. Then on the return side of the air dog also run a Dahl 150 water separator.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:10 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Why? The ford filters are good enough to keep you warrantee intact according to ford.
And you won't be pushing more flow so what's the point. Sounds like overkill paranoia
Old 03-07-2012, 05:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I agree but reading about the HPFP failures and ford not covering it due to water in fuel it has me concerned. Especially at the risk of a 10,000+ repair bill. Just nervous.

Old 03-07-2012, 07:15 AM

I took delivery of my brand new 6.7L 2012 F-350 right before Christmas. Had AirDog II system installed 3 days later. All is still good after 3000 miles. Everything else is factory stock (except my Bilstein 5160s )

I'm also adding Stanadyne Purple to every tank.

I sleep good at night.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:42 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Your parinoid, I have almost 65k , never drained the water until last week when the light came on but was due to broken sensor, and there was no water in the fuel. and had my filters changed once At 30~k. No issues. I think the hpfp issues are few and far between and likely due too poor maintenance and/ or fuel quality.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:17 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty21 View Post
Your parinoid, I have almost 65k , never drained the water until last week when the light came on but was due to broken sensor, and there was no water in the fuel. and had my filters changed once At 30~k. No issues. I think the hpfp issues are few and far between and likely due too poor maintenance and/ or fuel quality.
I too was once super paranoid. But i have come to the same conculsion after reading hundreds and pages and doing research locally.

Sweet truck by the way Matty21.

Josh
Old 03-07-2012, 12:14 PM

Plus, who is to say that Ford won't deny a warrant for a fuel system issue once they see an aftermarket fuel delivery system hooked to the framerail.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEST BOSS View Post
I took delivery of my brand new 6.7L 2012 F-350 right before Christmas. Had AirDog II system installed 3 days later. All is still good after 3000 miles. Everything else is factory stock (except my Bilstein 5160s )

I'm also adding Stanadyne Purple to every tank.

I sleep good at night.
Do you know if they made any internal fuel tank adjustments on installation? If I am reding the instructions right it is a simple quick connect. On all the dodges I installed them on you had to drill holes in the pick up cup on the factory set up.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.