LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 08-31-2011, 11:13 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2011 F250 6.7 Air Conditioning Issues

Having problems with me 2011 (26,00 miles) with the air conditioning. Got progesssivley worse and took it back to the dealer, They replaced the compressor as they said it was leaking at the halves. Picked it up and it never really cooled like new so I took it back. Again, they said the new compressor was leaking and replaced it. Still not cooling as far as I'm concerned and haven't taken it back from the dealer and they're supposed to be working on it. When I put a thermometer in the AC vent at best it cools 80 degrees when set on recirc and 60 degrees. Dodge Ram rental truck cools at 60 and gets cooler when moving. My 09 Platinum runs in the mid 50's as well as 07 Corvette. Delear scratching there head and saying it's working.

Anybody have what the Ford spec is for outlet air temperature? This can't be right cause it doesn't cool worth a dang.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 08-31-2011, 11:49 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I don't know the spec but in my truck you seriously need a coat on inside with the aircon set to the lowest temp even if it's 80 degrees outside. You need a dealer that knows what they are doing. You might want to go to a shop that specializes in air conditioning and just ask them to diagnose your system so you can get the dealer to repair it since it's under warranty still. It'll probably cost you a couple hours labour but maybe the dealer will reimburse you for some of it since they obviously had no clue.

SCT, no studs...yet, Dual OEM intake air filter housings, Banks intercooler & intake elbow, Banks exhaust system, Windrunner ported intake manifold, Bullet Proof Diesel remote oil cooler & thermostat, AirDog2 (plus a couple spares), Power steering filter (Amsoil dual-bypass), MagTec deep ATF pan, Electric oil pre-lub pump, Dakota Digital gauges.
post #3 of 10 Old 08-31-2011, 04:55 PM

Mine cools it down real quick even if 95 degrees outside.My 07 F150 took forever to cool down.Good luck on getting it fixed.

post #4 of 10 Old 08-31-2011, 04:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Sounds like a dealer issue. Your should definatly see temps in the 40's if its 80 outside.

Allen
1999.5 F-350 7.3, six-speeed

If Canada was that great, it would be a state...

When seconds count, the police are just minutes away.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

post #5 of 10 Old 08-31-2011, 11:06 PM

Working Phoenix (99-123 degrees), truck runs all day..ac is fine. Seems like the dealer has maxed his skill set..!! I agree with an ac diagnosis by a ac tech.....

Driving: 2011 Pale Adobe...F-350 CC 6.7 FX4 3:55-Locking Rear End-Dual Alternators-premium Lariat, moon rf, added wheel flares, 2-tone black base

Picked up 4/29/10 as of 06/20/2012 109,000+miles
post #6 of 10 Old 10-16-2015, 12:37 PM
Premium Member

ever figure this out? my truck is doing the same thing
post #7 of 10 Old 10-16-2015, 06:17 PM
Premium Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
mine was getting where is was only blowing in the hi 40s to very high 50s coming from the vents. It was struggling on 90+ days. I borrowed a friends gauges and reclaimer. Emptyed the system out. bleed 50/50 new with old 124a and all is well now. The gauges showed the Freon was in spec. FYI truck had 90k on it then now has 93.5k all is good.
post #8 of 10 Old 10-18-2015, 09:19 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Anybody turn on the ac and get nothing but high heat? I have to shut the truck off, restart it and then the a/c will work.
post #9 of 10 Old 10-18-2015, 04:50 PM
Premium Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
8000, yes I had that long time ago. the bleed air door gets confused. a reboot usually fixes it. mine did it 2 times in a row after a battery change so I did a relearn to the module by pulling a fuse under the kick panel. turning truck on and do fan from hi to low to hi to low then cold to hot to cold to hot and reinstall fuse. fixed ever since. Same thing happened to my 2011 250 work truck after new battery.
post #10 of 10 Old 10-18-2015, 05:35 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Thoughts on the original poster's issue. Most newer a/c systems have an evaporator temp sensor that reads the temp in the evaporator. If it is reading incorrectly it won't run the compressor the correct amount of time. Also cab air filter dirty. Drain lines plugged up and not dripping freezing up the evaporator. Is the condenser plugged up with bugs and debris? These would be the most common things I look at when I get a complaint of a/c not cooling well. Granted I work on tractors but from what I've seen pickups are real similar in design of the systems.

94 F-250 reg cab 4x4 5spd 7.3 stroke. 3inch downpipe, 4 in exhaust. super duty turbo with 1.0 non wastegated exhaust housing ww2 and 360 thrust kit. Intercooler, MB diesel hpop, driven diesel complete efuel, 6637 air filter, kingpin dana 60.

09 F150 Lariat crew cab 5.4L v8

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode