Tires and leveling kit question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2011, 02:32 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tires and leveling kit question

I'm supposed to pick up my new 2011 F-350 this afternoon and I plan to go ahead tomorrow and replace the stock tires with 35s and add a leveling kit. I've always ran BFG All Terrains but my tire guy is trying to get me to go with Nitto Terra Grapplers. Anyone out there had a chance to run each tire? Wondering how the Nitto comPares to the BFG? The BFGs are about $400 higher but I've good experience with them lasting, being quiet, and riding good throughout the life Of the tire.

Also, I was running 37s on stock 18s on one of my 08s with a leveling kit so i wondering if I could squeeze 37s on stock 20s on the 2011?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2011, 02:51 AM

I have run both tires. They both do well on and off road. Both good in the snow and ice. The BFG tires will last longer. I like the BFG's more mostly for the look of them. They are both good.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Bump...anybody out there running 37s on stock 20s with leveling kit? Really thinking about getting a set of 355/60/20 Nitto terra Grapplers.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:49 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by onion_farmer View Post
Bump...anybody out there running 37s on stock 20s with leveling kit? Really thinking about getting a set of 355/60/20 Nitto terra Grapplers.

2.5 King Coilover Conversion on a Soon to be '11 Excursion

Old 07-17-2011, 10:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

BF Goodrich LT325/65R18E, there are new, so new that my local 4 wheel parts shop has not installed or even seen these yet. I wanting to try this out on my soon to be ordered truck as soon as the Job 2 becomes up. (got my reason) mostly for the options. I tow a heavy 5th wheel on the beach in pismo, so I need a very good tire for off road but don't want the road noise, with the quiter motor now. Must take this in thought. I want a wife foot print for the soft sand. no fun when stuck on the beach with a 5th wheel. Has BF Goodrich tire once before on older truck. Very good tire. I seem to the guy " hey buddy can you help me out - I'm stuck in the sand " sure I would. Very good tire that's why want to go with these again.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:46 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
You're gonna hear a lot of people say they don't like the bfg on this site for different reasons. I've ran mine for 30k+ and they are just now half worn so I stand behind them as long as you rotate them and keep them at the right psi.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:07 PM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Graplers are noisy, BFG's get hard 1/2 way worn, Toyo's MT's suck in the rain...may want to look at others..
Old 07-18-2011, 07:39 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
The Terra grapplers aren't noisy, they are quieter than the bfgs from what I've heard. Hell the trail graps are quiet on the road, and only have a nice hum on the highway, nothing I'd say is "loud" The BFGs are hardly noticeable, I couldn't hear any sound anyway...

My bfgs aren't hard either, but I still attribute that to location. I'd guess being in Nevada would dry out any tire faster than here in Kansas.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Performance, Inc. View Post
Graplers are noisy, BFG's get hard 1/2 way worn, Toyo's MT's suck in the rain...may want to look at others..
I'm gonna call bs on the toyos being bad in the rain. I've ran 37" toyo mt's for 3 years and they are awesome in the rain. Actually yesterday here in Alberta we had wicked rain. Drove 60mph for about 40 miles, it was raining so hard the wipers could barely keep up and I had zero issues with the toyo's

BFG AT tread pattern isn't designed to throw water/snow/mud out of it's voids. Terra grapplers pattern does. Plus nittos have a fairly decent tread life. Terra grapplers are probably the second or third most popular tire up here in Alberta. And if you've ever lived or drivin thru Alberta you know the conditions we drive in up here
Old 07-19-2011, 11:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaStroker View Post
Terra grapplers are probably the second or third most popular tire up here in Alberta. And if you've ever lived or drivin thru Alberta you know the conditions we drive in up here
I 2nd that. I run my Terra grapplers all year 'round. From hot summers to -40 and -50 winters. I do lots of highway driving and they are wearing well and perform quietly.

I think they are the same spec as the BFG too. 10 ply and load range 'E'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.