I love my truck but hate this! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2011, 07:07 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I love my truck but hate this!

I have a 2011 Lariet 4x4 that is by far my favorite truck I've ever owned ...and I've owned a few of them. My only complaint is the stupid turn signals. What idiot engineer developed these things. You can never get them to turn off manually. I know, this sounds superficial but this is a very poor design.
By the way, I had a 2008 6.4 that was tuned to 585 rear wheel and I blew trans up. I'm not messing with this one. Over all, Ford is the best D...m truck in America, hands down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2011, 07:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

does your truck ride smooth? is there a slight trans shudder or a driveline shake / binding sensation ever? Curious as my new 2011 does. Thanks for your reply. My 6.4 was as smooth as glass up till about 45k. I was hoping this one would be too.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleRider555 View Post
does your truck ride smooth? is there a slight trans shudder or a driveline shake / binding sensation ever? Curious as my new 2011 does. Thanks for your reply. My 6.4 was as smooth as glass up till about 45k. I was hoping this one would be too.
8000km on my truck and it does everything u said. Shudder at different RPMs and sometimes doesn't pick gears or shifts hard

Lots a power tho. And the signal light lever is the best design yet in my opinion
Old 07-13-2011, 09:08 PM

I agree - that signal light switch is apt to cause Ford a law suite when someone gets rear ended while idling along on the highway waiting for oncoming traffic before making a left hand turn. He thought he put his signal light on but it flashed 3 times and shut off.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:43 PM

Let's see now. The turn signal is hard to master. You push the lever up firmly and the right turn signal comes on, you just press it up kind of easy and the right turn signal blinks 3 times, you pull it down firmly and the left turn signal works, you pull it down kind of easy and the left turn signal blinks 3 times. If that is hard to master, do you have problems with the shift key on your keyboard? Do you have problems typing symbols? I mean my keyboard has far more possibilities than the turn signal lever and yet somehow I have learned to type. What the heck, some have even mastered typing with their thumbs on an iphone. Yeah, in light of all that, I suppose the turn signal is probably too much to master. not!
Old 07-13-2011, 10:14 PM

You are describing the way a signal light switch on every other vehicle works. The brilliant Ford engineers figured they had to fix it. The new Ford truck signal light is more like: You want to turn right so you push the signal light switch up firmly - oops was that firmly enough? - don't know - count: one two three four yes it is on. Or on a lane change - did I push it too far? - don't know - so you take your eyes off the road to watch the flashing light in the dash - dang it was to too far - pull the freaking thing down - was that too far - don't know?
Old 07-13-2011, 10:24 PM

Actually I found it easy to master. The thumbs thing with the iphone, I'm still working on that.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:15 AM

I hated mine for the first few days, but have learned to use it, maybe even like it. A buddy of mine says it is the same as the turn signal in his VW Touareg - So it might be something that Ford has taken from the Germans. Either way it is just something that takes some getting used to.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:02 AM

Agreed ^^^. My cayman S does the same thing and I actually like the way it works.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:03 AM

I am really starting to like turns actually. It definitely has taken some time to get used to it though. I still have not figured out to hang up a call using the steering controls though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.