Not sure on new powerstroke - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2011, 07:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Not sure on new powerstroke

We have a 2012 F550 CC 4x4 84' CA 4.88 gear on order. I will pull a 20,000lbs goose neck trailer and the truck will have a 11' servicebody also. We put about 40 to 50k a year on our trucks and can't afford another 6.0 disaster. And the owner of the company and I have a bad gut feeling about the new powerstroke. We talked with a dealer in ND about a truck they had on their lot we were interested in and he told us they have 4 2011 F550 in the shop now. 1 with a dropped valve and the other 3 had little to no power. We have 2 new F350 with 17k and 20k miles on them and no problems yet. But I have been looking at the forum and they just don't seem to reliable. Don't take it the wrong way I love the wifes truck and I would like to have the new Ford but after reading about the motor problems we are on the fence about the Ford and thinking about a Dodge. And the 100k warranty looks alot better also. Just not sure what way to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2011, 07:30 PM

This new truck is amazing. There's been very little problems with the new engine. My friend has had his from the first day the new models came out. He has over 50k miles,, no problems. I wouldn't hesitate on the purchase.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:31 PM

This new truck is amazing. There's been very little problems with the new engine. My friend has had his from the first day the new models came out. He has over 50k miles,, no problems. I wouldn't hesitate on the purchase.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX4SUPERDUTY View Post
but after reading about the motor problems we are on the fence about the Ford and thinking about a Dodge.
Can you provide some support on this? I have seen one or two problems TOTAL on the 6.7 - but nothing like the original 6.4 problems. (Which BTW, I had a 6.4 and it was a beast, when it was running)
Old 07-11-2011, 08:02 PM

The motor has been out for about 18 months +-. The issues are minimal! Everyone I talk to that has one loves it! I test drove the Dodge. The dodge is getting terrible mileage with their exhaust/emission system. The interior on the Dodge is A LOT better but it's still not as good as the FORD. Unless you get a megacab, the back seat is smaller and the under seat, rear storage is terrible. I don't want to start comparing the two, but "I" think Ford has built an amazing engine and truck. I guess you need to buy the one that you feel the most comfortable with. I've had all three. My last was an 08' GMC duramax dually. Great engine but the rest of the truck started falling apart. I think Ford builds the best overall truck! The new Ford truck is amazing!
Old 07-11-2011, 08:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

There is probably a reason why we can buy a Dodge now and have to wait till september or early october to get what we want in a ford. But after reading some of the issues going on with the motor that i read on this forum what are they going to be at 150k
We will probably get the ford regardless because of fleet discount price and from the service we get at our local dodge dealer with our car(They suck) Just hope they have this motor figured out. But I do now most of the problems are all the emision's that are on it.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:49 AM

Please remember you are on a vehicle specific message board. I am sure they have sold tons of trucks but unless you a enthusiast or a person that has problems do you come and post on message boards most of the time. So what you see on the boards just seems magnified. Definitely the new motor is a concern as it a new design direct from Ford so they are going to have some little problems here or there. Good luck with your decision.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:41 AM

Also remember there is a difference between the regular truck engine and the CC or service body truck. They come with a different turbo. The service body truck has a single turbo and the horse power is derated. From what I have read the service body trucks engines are having problems because of the different turbo. I have had my truck since August of last year. The next time I get in it I will roll over 50,000 miles. I have a had a rear main seal replaced after 3 weeks of owning it but other that that it has been flawless. Love the truck and I would buy another one in a heart beat. I too was a nightmare 6.0L owner. Also had a 6.4L which was a beast and never failed me either.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

All I am getting at is that we rely on our trucks. It's not like we have a diesel just to have one like many people do and some of you know who you are. We have 25+ Fords on the road with 4 man crews in them, so when I ask I am not sure about the new Fords all I want to know is the Pro's and Con's. Believe me we know the Pro's and Con's of the previous models. And why do we have brand specific forums "Hummm" maybe to get answers. And I have talked with people that love them and others that hate them "If you can believe that".
As for you surveyor what C&C are you running like gears, towing weight etc. Man I just hate it when people say " This is a vehicle specific message board" really! Come on dude!
Old 07-12-2011, 09:26 PM

Go buy a Dodge and then you don't have to 'worry' about the Ford...if that what your gut tells you.
You come on a Ford forum and want to bash the truck.........TROLL.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.