Which lift to buy? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2011, 07:13 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Which lift to buy?

Alright guys, I am going to go ahead and lift her up. I only want to do a 4.5" lift. What does everyone recommend for a lift that will actually fit a drw? I am not sure there are very many options out there right now. ICON seems to get great reviews but it's $2k just for the stage 1. Is that really worth it? Is there another kit I should get instead?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2011, 10:32 AM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quality counts...best kit will have true 4 link arms as the stocks arms bind..so, Pure Performance has 2 kits with 4 link arms std or Icon and add arms if wanted. We are a dealer for both if I can get you more info pricing please PM me.

Cary
Old 07-06-2011, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Performance, Inc. View Post
Quality counts...best kit will have true 4 link arms as the stocks arms bind..so, Pure Performance has 2 kits with 4 link arms std or Icon and add arms if wanted. We are a dealer for both if I can get you more info pricing please PM me.

Cary
Will the Pure Performance work on a DRW? I checked there website out and it doesn't specify? Do you think that the 4 link will improve my ride quality noticeably? I don't do any off-roading unless you consider driving though my pasture every once in a while.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:28 AM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Yes..will work fine, I'd get the 4.5" kit with the Deaver rear mini spring packs..4 link arms make a big difference on and esp off road..
Old 07-06-2011, 12:09 PM

Skyjacker also makes a 4" 4link lift. Ive got a 6"4link at home to install in a 2 weeks
Old 07-07-2011, 03:34 PM

That didn't take to long to get back into a lifted truck I know my icon rides better over my friends procomp Stg2 6" on his 08 250. And u had a procomp on your last one. I would say icon or pure, the cost is worth the ride imo.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired1 View Post
That didn't take to long to get back into a lifted truck I know my icon rides better over my friends procomp Stg2 6" on his 08 250. And u had a procomp on your last one. I would say icon or pure, the cost is worth the ride imo.
I'm seeing more trucks with 22.5's and I have to be different. Haha. And really my truck rides like a tank and it was like that before the wheels so I'm hoping a good kit improves that. I think I'm going to go with the Icon stage 1 but upgrade to the 4 link. Which one do you have? Does it ride better than stock?
Old 07-07-2011, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertc82 View Post
I'm seeing more trucks with 22.5's and I have to be different. Haha. And really my truck rides like a tank and it was like that before the wheels so I'm hoping a good kit improves that. I think I'm going to go with the Icon stage 1 but upgrade to the 4 link. Which one do you have? Does it ride better than stock?
It rides better then stock, the duel rate coils have alot to do with it i think. I got what is now the stg 1. I would look at OUO adj link arms to if you are looking at a 4 link. I know i am looking at them when i do the tei spacer. I know my mom and girlfriend say my truck rides great for being a lifted truck, and don't mind being it if that helps any.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.