What is Ford Planning? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2011, 11:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What is Ford Planning?

I'm sure alot of us here have seen Chevy's BS videos comparing the super duty against the silverado such as the twist ditch test (the tailgate getting a dent is from frame flex is bs) sag test, acceleration, brake test. And now Ram trucks are claiming best in class towing by 100lbs.... It isn't like Ford to take second place to the competition on anything. So what do you guy's think ford's plan to come back to these claims?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2011, 02:57 AM

All the twist ditch demonstrated was the difference between a fully boxed frame and an open-c frame. Even at that Ford's open-c performed very well considering when Ford compared their fully boxed F-150 to the open-c Toyota frame a few years ago the Toyota flexed like 3.5 inches torsionally(1/2 ton I know but things should be somewhat relative). Ford has the open-c frame for really one reason; to allow up-fitters flexibility to attach their equipment. I expect Ford to stick with the commercial market... Guess Chevy/GM is going for the non-commercial heavy duty pickup truck buyer.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I understand the C-channel up-fitter flexibility is only needed on the chassis cab pickups (flat frame rails) but on the the pickup trucks there is no need for up-fitter flexibility because they already have pickup beds.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:11 PM
The Silent Service

Not nessacarary, two reasons:

First the F250 isn't offered in the C&C to my knowledge, yet you see them with their beds removed in the commercial sector all the time.

Second, why engineer another frame, and everything else that goes into that, when 90% of your current customers aren't complaining. I like the fact that should something happen to my bed, I have the option of an Upfitter Body.

I'd rather see Ford continue to put the R&D funds to things that make the truck overall better, vise the nitch crowd that thinks the frame is an issue.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I personally like the frame design Ford Uses the only thing I would change is the steel that they currently use(36,000psi) and upgrade it beyond the class leading rating(60,000psi chevy) all the way to 70,000 psi. I like that Ford uses C-channel because a frame needs flex if there is no flexing the frame will crack at the welds.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:20 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

If Ford is really "superduty" they need to act like it. Waiting MY 2014 for the next big step forward...
Old 07-06-2011, 08:27 AM

The new updated diesel is supposed to blow the competition out of the water as well. My source being my friend who works for Ford's diesel program. They didn't like how GM had a faster and more powerful diesel. So expect some crazy numbers soon, and with the power upgrade they may have to beef up the frame to handle the power and towing capacity.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
The new updated diesel is supposed to blow the competition out of the water as well. My source being my friend who works for Ford's diesel program. They didn't like how GM had a faster and more powerful diesel. So expect some crazy numbers soon, and with the power upgrade they may have to beef up the frame to handle the power and towing capacity.
...sounds like time for a new truck..again!!!

That'd be speak'n my language!!! Be nice to have to put it in high 4 to take off, and an exhaust brake that when it engaged would plaster your face against the windshield!!

Really the 6.7 I have is the best truck I have had, it's an awesome round town, tow rig, whatever you need... but there is never such a thing as "Too Much Torque or Horsepower".

We'll just have to wait and see, they could pump the 6.7 up JUST to see what GM would do after adding 65% heavier duty parts to the DuroPad. It would be a fun game to watch, with the nfl lockout and all....
Old 07-07-2011, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richc22a View Post
...sounds like time for a new truck..again!!!

That'd be speak'n my language!!! Be nice to have to put it in high 4 to take off, and an exhaust brake that when it engaged would plaster your face against the windshield!!

Really the 6.7 I have is the best truck I have had, it's an awesome round town, tow rig, whatever you need... but there is never such a thing as "Too Much Torque or Horsepower".

We'll just have to wait and see, they could pump the 6.7 up JUST to see what GM would do after adding 65% heavier duty parts to the DuroPad. It would be a fun game to watch, with the nfl lockout and all....
Lol I know the feeling, something new comes out and all the sudden your new truck doesnt seem as cool anymore. Ford seems to have the upper hand anyways when it comes to technology and innovation. They will blow GM out of the water again and the game starts over
Old 07-07-2011, 11:53 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
the truth is its all about propaganda really.. its just nastier then ever.. i'll say this i've been in some chevys they are not near as nice as inside my super duty, and of course i've loaded down my truck heavy, way over 'legal' weight many times, she just keeps on hauling, i'll drive my 7.3 until it blows... and honestly if i could afford a 6.7 i wouldnt hesitate to go get one but nothings taking away the original stroker from me.. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.