Aux Fuel Tank - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2011, 10:24 PM
Emergency Services

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Aux Fuel Tank

I have recently bought a 2011 F350 CCLB. I installed an aux fuel tank with a gravity feed into the filler neck. I am wondering if there will be any codes thrown if I leave the valve between the two tanks open? I have been told that this might throw a code due to the computer not seeing the fuel gauge moving when it should be. I did not have this trouble with my other truck and would certainly like to leave the valve open while pulling my 5er instead of opening the valve when we stop along the road.

Will it throw a code?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2011, 11:31 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have the same system, it will not throw a code as it is transfering fuel from one tank to the other. It is the same as filling the truck while idling at a pump.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:45 AM
Emergency Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by richc22a View Post
I have the same system, it will not throw a code as it is transfering fuel from one tank to the other. It is the same as filling the truck while idling at a pump.
Thank you Sir!!! That is the information I have been searching for. With as many miles as you have on your rig, it surely would have thrown a code if it was going to. I have been afraid to leave the valve open for fear of it throwing a code and putting the truck into limp mode while I was on a desolate stretch of road, and I have been across a few of these.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.