suspension sag while towing - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2011, 10:43 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Smile suspension sag while towing

I have a 2011 F 250 king ranch that I tow a 9000 lb travel trailer with,I got the trailer last year towed it with my 2009 chevy 2500 duramax with no noticeable sag in the rear at all.I got this truck in the winter and did'nt tow with it until the other day, then noticed how soft the rear is compaired to the chevy.Does anybody know about f350 rear suspension blocks being put into a f250 to have less sag while towing? Or is there something else i can do?I do have a weight distribution hitch with anti sway.I adjusted it preety good, but i'm still not that happy.What should i do? I also only tow about 8 times a year,so is it worth all the trouble? Thanks for the info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2011, 11:03 AM
Dont Mess With Texas!

get airbags
Old 06-17-2011, 11:26 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfuelstroke11 View Post
I have a 2011 F 250 king ranch that I tow a 9000 lb travel trailer with,I got the trailer last year towed it with my 2009 chevy 2500 duramax with no noticeable sag in the rear at all.I got this truck in the winter and did'nt tow with it until the other day, then noticed how soft the rear is compaired to the chevy.Does anybody know about f350 rear suspension blocks being put into a f250 to have less sag while towing? Or is there something else i can do?I do have a weight distribution hitch with anti sway.I adjusted it preety good, but i'm still not that happy.What should i do? I also only tow about 8 times a year,so is it worth all the trouble? Thanks for the info.
Got pics??
Old 06-18-2011, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfuelstroke11 View Post
Airbags Airbags Airbags.. With wireless compressor.. The apparently softened up the rear springs to improve the ride. I have a toy hauler TT and had the same sag.
Attached Thumbnails
suspension sag while towing-dsc00654.jpg   suspension sag while towing-dsc00661.jpg   suspension sag while towing-dsc00667.jpg  
Old 06-18-2011, 06:22 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

What are the wheel well measurements at each wheel unloaded vs. when you are loaded with the TT packed-up and trailer connected on flat ground?
Old 06-18-2011, 06:38 AM

I would start with the F350 blocks. The 350's start out with the back up a little and then would level out when you tow. The 250 to 350 blocks are interchangeable just need longer u-bolts.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frt2599 View Post
Airbags Airbags Airbags.. With wireless compressor.. The apparently softened up the rear springs to improve the ride. I have a toy hauler TT and had the same sag.
Great Pix! Thanks!!!
Old 06-27-2011, 06:34 PM

My 07, and 09 F-250's would sag slightly with my 8k bumper pull. Which is precisely why I spent the additional $600.00 and got the F-350 srw. On the F-250's the equalizer hitch helped, evening everything out, reduced the night 'bright lights' in the face from drivers not enjoying my headlights in their face. The last time I pulled the bumper pull w the F-350, no equalizer hitch, no sag, ride not noticeably different than the F-250.

Almost all the rec veh tow accidents I see are with vehicles overloaded at the bumper, explorers, 1/2 ton's... to me the sag is a warning.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:56 AM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Air bags or Deaver rear mini spring packs..
Old 07-02-2011, 02:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Sag/Camper Package?

Reading about sag issues made me wonder, so I ordered my '11 with the camper package, ensuring I got the heaviest suspesion, sway bar, and a single overload leaf in the rear. I have a 25" low profile 5th wheel with gooseneck adapter, and the factory goose neck hitch package. The trailer weighs 6k plus, the local Montana DOT scale says my front axle weight driver off, full fuel is 4680,rear axle 3340. 8020 total, 10k gvw package My 97 didn't weigh this much. Both Super cab long box, diesel. My trailer is lighter than most I see in the posts.With hitch weight, 2 dogs, 2 passengers, I estimate I will be at max GVW, but under both max GCVW, and rear axle weight. Does anyone have experience with the camper package and sag? Thanks, Pete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.