Would Like to buy in Portland OR area but... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2011, 05:18 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Would Like to buy in Portland OR area but...

I am in the market for a F350 Lariat and have been to several dealers in the Vancouver/Portland area. They all seem to be un willing to sell me a truck for $10,000 off MSRP. It seems from all the forums I have been on that most of you are buying these trucks for 10K off.

Anyone worked with a dealer in the Pacific Northwest willing to work on the price?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2011, 04:14 AM

Get in touch with Randy Wilson over on the Diesel Garage website and he will find you what you are looking for and you wont have to deal with the hassle of going through a dealer. He HARLEY6LF250SDU. Or I can give you his contact information.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:02 AM

I bought mine through AMEX's internet sales from Damerow. It was about 10K off MSRP after all the rebates, etc.

American Express | Car Buying Home Page

Pretty painless. They emailed me a couple models, prices and I went to look at them and drive them.

The internet sales guy said the price was lower than what he could buy it for, but that could have been smoke going up my a$$.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:19 PM

Hey Guys, Thanks for this info, I looked into both and both paned out very well. However, my local dealer now seems to be willing to sell to me at invoice.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:44 PM

I purchased my 2011 SD...in Dec 2010...When I was looking to purchase a truck, I found a dealer on Vernon,TX . It's called Vernon Dodge and Ford, you can find them on the internet....you can look at their inventory...it so easy. They all ship just about anywhere
I live 360 miles from them ...and the only reason I didnot buy from them....it's because I was trading in a 08 SD..They price their trucks very well....good luck in finding your truck.....keep us posted.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:39 PM
Premium Member

I did not do it with this last truck I just bought, December 2010, because I didn't have to. but, I'd suggest a tactic I did a few years back for my last truck. I faxed a copy of the build that I wanted to 6 dealers, with the price I wanted to pay. Told them not to respond unless they were serious about the price. Oddly most of them responded. They were so greedy for the sale they couldn't resist trying to steal a sale from another dealer in the area. . . I got the price I wanted, and ended up getting a better package. Its all in the attitude.

Another thing to consider too right now . . . complete trucks with the extra electronics ie nav systems, are not shipping right now. In fact you can't get them, and no one seems to know when they will be available. The Japan quakes are going to hurt us in so many ways that we haven't even thought of at this point. So if there is any inventory in Portland/Vancouver with those items, and that's what you're looking for - you aren't going to get the 10k you're looking for. . . . its simple supply and demand right now. Good Luck
Old 06-09-2011, 09:54 PM
Serving Our Country!

Supply and demand right now, no kidding.
Doug
Old 06-12-2011, 08:08 AM

Columbia Ford in Longview WA. has been absolutely fantastic to work with thus far on ordering my new 2012 Ingot Silver F350 Lariat. I can honestly tell you that they have a small town family owned run dealership feeling. They have all been great to work with and get to know. Even the people in the service and parts departments have been extremely refreshing to talk with.

This is the way buying a truck should be!
Old 06-12-2011, 04:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I just bought a 2011 F250 King Ranch and with X plan pricing and incentives my local dealer took $9000 off of the MSRP. They also gave me a fair price for the 2004 F250 that I traded in on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.