Display Needed to Know When Truck is in Regeneration Mode - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 05-27-2011, 06:47 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Display Needed to Know When Truck is in Regeneration Mode

Ford needs to give the dash command center the functionality for the Cleaning Exhaust Filter Message to stay on until the regeneration cleaning process is complete.

This functionality was available in the 2008 and is of value to us truck owners.

How do we get Ford to return this functionality?
post #2 of 18 Old 05-27-2011, 07:14 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I agree. You would think it could just be programed in the computer to stay on until finished.

2011 F250 6.7 Lariat Ultimate FX4 CC Tuxedo Black Tan Bottom
post #3 of 18 Old 05-27-2011, 01:56 PM
Premium Member

Even when you go into Vehicle Information it doesn't show up as a message. I wonder why they took it out.

2011 F350 Lariat SRW Crew Cab Long Bed 4x4 6.7 H&S Mini Maxx DPF Delete EGR Delete running 265/70/19.5's

Quote:
Originally Posted by magzne1 View Post
Chevy comercials are like OBAMA, ALL B.S. over promise and under deliver
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevor73402 View Post
This stuff isn't as simple as tuning your TiVo to record your Jerry Springer re-runs while your out cruising Wal-mart parking lot for transexual hookers.
post #4 of 18 Old 05-27-2011, 06:19 PM

Yes it would be nice to have message stay on but knowing it is just as easy. Just run the mileage app in the message center; go a 3 steps in and set it to 5 minutes, then back out to the 2nd step in. Each bar is mileage during the previous 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5th previous minute interval, and average mileage since reset is a line across the top of the bars. When it goes into regen the minute bars will be about 1/2 height of the average, and dramatically less than the previous minute unless you wer flooring it for the entire previous minute. My 450 regens like clockwork every 200 miles and runs for 10 minutes or 10 miles whicherever is more.

John D
2011 F450
post #5 of 18 Old 05-27-2011, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John D View Post
Yes it would be nice to have message stay on but knowing it is just as easy. Just run the mileage app in the message center; go a 3 steps in and set it to 5 minutes, then back out to the 2nd step in. Each bar is mileage during the previous 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5th previous minute interval, and average mileage since reset is a line across the top of the bars. When it goes into regen the minute bars will be about 1/2 height of the average, and dramatically less than the previous minute unless you wer flooring it for the entire previous minute. My 450 regens like clockwork every 200 miles and runs for 10 minutes or 10 miles whicherever is more.
What he said.

2011 F450 CC/LB 4X4

2010 F250 CC/SB FX4 *SOLD*

Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website (Powerstroke.org or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my truck, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
post #6 of 18 Old 05-27-2011, 08:51 PM

I agree. I know the new chevy's display something while the truck is in REGEN mode. I don't understand why the fords don't. It would be very nice to know when it is over and for how long it is going on.

[/SIGPIC]2008 F250 Lariat, 8" lift 37x12.5 20 Nittos, Spartan tuned running 275 with an AFE stage 2 and 4" straight pipe. Next up, full EGR and Cooler delete

Proud to be a Union Steamfitter
post #7 of 18 Old 05-28-2011, 07:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Last week a little note popped up and told me to keep driving that it cleaning my exhaust and when it finished it said cleaning complete.
post #8 of 18 Old 05-28-2011, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed 6.0 View Post
Last week a little note popped up and told me to keep driving that it cleaning my exhaust and when it finished it said cleaning complete.
Are you talking about a 6.7 cause I've never seen this

2011 F250 6.7 Lariat Ultimate FX4 CC Tuxedo Black Tan Bottom
post #9 of 18 Old 05-28-2011, 10:32 AM

The Chevy's pop up a message that say to keep driving. A friend of mine has one, and has shown me this first hand. My powerstroke however has never done this. I'm heavily contemplating just deleting the dpf/def/cat and tuning my truck.. I would prefer to keep it stock, but at the same time, I'm tired of the regens

[/SIGPIC]2008 F250 Lariat, 8" lift 37x12.5 20 Nittos, Spartan tuned running 275 with an AFE stage 2 and 4" straight pipe. Next up, full EGR and Cooler delete

Proud to be a Union Steamfitter
post #10 of 18 Old 06-02-2011, 08:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Its on a 6.7

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode