Crying Out loud :~) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2011, 08:38 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Crying Out loud :~)

Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Some of this is good reading
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2011, 08:41 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to ToMang07
Can't read it w/o being a member.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:29 PM

Sorry I didn't realize That :~( it's 9 pages off GM guys asking Why ford out sales other Brands LOL with some crazy replys from memebers :~) heres a Couple ....
Quote:
Why is Ford Super Duty selling more trucks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys,

I recently purchased a new LML 2500HD and really like my new truck. It rides good and the inside is nice. Pulls like a champ and never complains as i currently have around 13k on her. However, i've noticed the fuel mileage is not what i had hoped for as i can only get around 15 or so on the hwy unloaded. Initially, i considered a new Ford due to hearing about the fuel mileage but figured GM's would be good as well but now i'm not to sure. To add to this feeling i'm now seeing where the new Super Duty is selling way more trucks than Dodge or GM. Why is this? Is this because of their new fuel mileage claims? I've heard they get around 20 or so on the hwy unloaded. Or is it the government motors thing? Actually GM now has paid back our all of our debt right so i wouldn't think this is the issue anymore. Overall i just don't like the looks and ride of the SuperDuty's and just can't understand why so many people are liking those trucks. Anyway, wanted to get others opinions on this. Thanks
This one I like :~)

Quote:
There are numbers games played but, also the Ford has an old school appeal to it. 4x4s have straight front axles and lockout hubs, the Fords look tougher, sit taller, bolder, thicker sheet metal etc. On top of that the current coil sprung Fords actually ride softer within the soft travel range of their progressive springs. I like them both and my next truck will be a toss up. Locally with the snow and salt I give the edge to GM because the corrosion resistance is noticeably better but, that's about it.
Quote:
I think it's looks and brand loyalty.

Maybe people like a truck the rides like a floor jack and banging, clunky, flaring unpredictable shifting?

In my experience the gm gets better mileage.
Quote:
I know 4 people with the new ford they say they dont live up to the mpg claims
Quote:
Couldn't agree more! As much as everyone's going to say put a solid axle under your truck...I just have yet to understand why GM got rid of the solid axle on a 3/4 and 1 ton work truck, these aren't ****ing race cars, they aren't Cadillacs, they're diesel work trucks
Like I said 9 pages of this HAHAHA
Old 05-11-2011, 06:18 AM
Premium Member

That's funny stuff. That's so weird that I didn't see any Powerstroke.org members over there badgering all the Chevy people like they do here.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:54 PM

....I like the part where the poster owns the bailout money, and I quote...
"Actually GM now has paid back our all of our debt right..." which points out that the guys that buy GM trucks know they are riding on our tax dollars. (Flame retardant suit zipped and in place!!!) Aside from the fact that the loan was paid back with MORE tax dollars (flame retardant helmet and collar in place...) ... I like really don't care, I look on GM owners with a certain...pity, like 2nd, 3rd generation entitlement children..they are doing there best with what they got, God bless their hearts .... (running for anti flame gel to coat the suit!!!!).

Ya just gotta have a sense of humor........
Old 05-11-2011, 09:31 PM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Old 05-12-2011, 01:36 AM
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToMang07 View Post
Can't read it w/o being a member.
No need its the Diesel Place
Old 05-12-2011, 06:10 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to ToMang07
Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERED SPARKLESS View Post
No need its the Diesel Place

Well, I clicked on his link, and it asked for my login.... couldn't read the article.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Very amusing. Total whinery.

I've never understood brand loyalty, to say nothing of the type of brand loyalty that rises to that sort of whining. But let's be honest, we see it on here, too. It doesn't get you anything, and why would you need to define yourself through a purchase, anyway? I bought an F250 because I was convinced it best satisfied what I was looking for in a truck among the options out there this year. Pre-'03 I definitely would have bought a Dodge. Actually, anytime prior to the second half of '07 I would have probably bought the Dodge. Those engines were, and still are, at the head of the pack for the time. But this year? The 6.7 demolished the competition in my mind; no contest.

But I recognize that other people did the math (I assume) and ended up going with a Chevy or Dodge because it suited them. Good for them. Why do I care, really? Why do they care that I ended up going with Ford -- it says nothing about them. I don't know them, don't care, and will never speak to them. Why would they care that I'm driving a Ford or what I think about their trucks?

If I need a new truck in a few years, I'll do the math and go with the brand that comes out best in my mind. It might be Ford, it might be Chevy, or it might be Dodge. Hell, it might be Mahindra or Mitsubishi for all I know. I'm not a "Ford" guy, I'm a "vehicle" guy. My wife drives a Volvo, I have the truck, my bike is a Suzuki, and our third car is a Honda minivan. I want the best for the purpose at hand -- not a stupid brand. You get nothing for brand loyalty; the company doesn't care who you are, or if you buy again ($500 loyalty bonuses shouldn't sway anyone). Nor should you be swayed by commercials, whatever your favorite sports start purports to drive, or whatever some clown online says is the best. Buy what works for you, at a price with which you're comfortable.

I'll leave the brand obsessions to women and the sort of guys who pay $200 for a pair of designer jeans that are two sizes too small.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:05 PM

I'll leave the brand obsessions to women and the sort of guys who pay $200 for a pair of designer jeans that are two sizes too small.

hey...leave my designer jeans outta this!!! This is a truck forum!!!

Point taken... my name isn't on the trucks grill, and I did not design, create any component of the vehicle, it is a product. That being said, parts are made in mexico, and who knows where else...

I looked at dodges, a couple of years back, and I checked gm before the g'ment bailout. Ford was/is a better built, solid vehicle, hence the purchases, the good experiences, the good service I recieved created a history. That history led to brand loyalty which will continue unless a major disappointment is experienced which would bring it into question.

No personal bashing meant to those who choose to ride in lesser quality vehicles, or no insult intended to the weak minded losers who buy other trucks... I could care less if their parents WERE NOT MARRIED !!!!

In short, I agree with you completely... it is just a choice...

yawn.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.