Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Tint???

4K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Koda22 
#1 ·
Just got a new f250 KR. My only complaint is the weak front door window tint. Any suggestions? Dealer or 3rd party?

Thanks,

#2 ·
Look up your state laws first...People around here in Ohio have been getting nailed with window tint tickets. Myself included.

3rd party all the way though. Where are you? I have 3M SolarTint on my windows and its amazing.

#3 ·
I have 3rd party tint at 15% everywhere and I wouldn't go any darker than that if I were you. 15% makes hard enough to back up and use your mirrors at night.

#5 ·
......15% makes hard enough to back up and use your mirrors at night.
This is a good, and much overlooked, point. One that I'm struggling with right now. Want to keep the sun out as much as possible, but don't want to loose the full functionally of those big outside mirrors.

Funny side note for anyone who watches Dog the Bounty Hunter. They have an interesting tinting on the driver side window. It looks like the lower front 1/3 of the window has no tinting. Their show is in Hawaii, so I'm guessing the sun get's pretty hot. Not sure if I would be comfortable with this solution, but it's interesting.

#4 ·
Make sure you buy the highest quality tint, there's a lot of crap out there. Dealer probably won't go darker than what the law allows in your state.

#6 ·
If you're just interested in keeping the heat out then they sell some really good tint I had on my 08 that is only slightly darker than factory but it blocks 80% of the heat from coming in. Can't remember what it's called though.

#8 ·
3rd party normally dealer just outsources to the same place you can go to and cut out the middle man. I have 5% in the back and 25% front. It is a pain to back up at night. I bought some white night halogen back up lights and that helped.

#9 ·
My '04 had 5% on it when I bought it. I know this because that's what the Ohio highway patrolman that pulled me over said it was:dunno:. Put 35% on sides and back and been ok for 3 years. 50% is legal in Ohio.

#10 ·
50 is the legal limit =\?..i thouht 35 was a joke. i went 5% all around. if need be i put the windows down.

#11 ·
Hope you have better luck with it than I did. Roll the windows down when you're passing a cop.:)

#13 ·
I would go with someone after market, most likely will get a better deal, and i personally would go dark, u can always roll the windows down if its to dark, but u cant make them windows darker when that sun is to hot, or u dont want someone to see in....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.