Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Dealer can't flash

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  RedMule 
#1 ·
I looked at an '11 SD this week. I had come real close to buying this exact same truck in November but decided to wait until my finances were better. I took the truck out for a test drive with my father in law and the salesman and when I left the dealership, the truck felt like it died when it went to shift to second gear. I pumped the accelerator pedal a couple of times and it took off without another bobble for the rest of the test drive. The salesman said it was probably because it had not been driven since I drove it in November. I brought the wife back the next day with the intention of buying the truck, but when I went to take her for a test ride, the truck did it again only this time there was traffic coming and we were dead in the water. Pump the pedal a few times and off we go. Very unnerving!!

I went back in and told the salesman that this truck needed an updated flash before it gets someone killed. The service manager then comes in and tells me that FORD will not let them flash any trucks right now due to some kind of computer glitch. What??? I can not buy the truck in this condition and I am somewhat leery of buying any truck that the manufacturer can not reliably update a programming issue on. Has anybody heard of this and when will this problem be fixed?

#2 ·
I know there was some issues with the 6.4's when they came out. There was some similar issues with the mytouch systems in the new edges. I'm not aware of any issues with the 6.7 programming. But just because I'm not aware of it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

#3 ·
Thank you for your response. I had a friend of mine call his dad who is a Ford Tech at another dealer and he said that they were also told not to reflash any trucks but were still doing it for their customers. I was reading the forums daily up until about 6 weeks ago and had seen nothing of it. I will admit that I haven't had much time to read the forums lately though.

#5 ·
Thanks, I'll do some calling around tomorrow and see what I can find out about it. It just blew my mind that they would not even offer to look at it or reflash it and then hand me the purchase order to sign.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.