DEF DPF delete kits? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2011, 06:42 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
DEF DPF delete kits?

what do i need to do to delete the DPF and DEF system on a 6.7. my dads been thinkin of buying one but id have to kill off all the exhaust crap. i know i can get the DPF delete pipe and disonnect the DEF tank and lines, but how do i keep the truck running without the urea, i know if its empty it goes into limp mode, what tune will take care of this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2011, 05:20 AM

OK, , , , , , I've been looking at this thread for a couple of days now and I just have to ask the burning questions we ALL want to know.

Does your Dad know you plan to destroy several thousand dollars worth of equipment on his new $50k plus truck and ruin the resale value??

Are you building some kind of compitition truck for racing/pulling??

Why do you need to "kill off all the exhaust crap"?? These systems work very nicely and the operating cost is very low. The truck has massive power for normal use and the emissions are very low. Why invite trouble by modding the truck if it does the job well to begin with?? Some of us, , , , , er, , , , , , most of us change wheels, tires, add lift kits and other mods to change the look but performance for everyday use is there from the factory.

Now for the big question. . . . . . .
Are you 13, 14 or 15 years old?? You type like you are texting your friend.

Flame suit zipped up and ready
Old 04-09-2011, 06:30 AM

All the whining about the emissions gear does not make sense.

Our trucks are stock with a ton of power...that's what ruins the mileage...the emissions gear make for cleaner air where it would otherwise be difficult to breathe...that's a clean air good health agenda...don't be intellectually lazy and blame the 'liberals' or the 'bureaucrats' or even the tree huggers (guess what, they drove out to the forest to save that tree)...blame expanding flatulant populations with voracious appetites for fuel and other natural resources that selfishly won't moderate themselves...the emission deleters are prime examples...

Aye...flame suit and force field engaged...
Old 04-09-2011, 07:32 AM
The Tamed Racing Driver

I think the H&S tuner can get rid of it all. I would delete it to, much better mileage (yes the emmision equipment does hurt mileage)
Old 04-09-2011, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowdoc View Post
OK, , , , , , I've been looking at this thread for a couple of days now and I just have to ask the burning questions we ALL want to know.

Does your Dad know you plan to destroy several thousand dollars worth of equipment on his new $50k plus truck and ruin the resale value??

Are you building some kind of compitition truck for racing/pulling??

Why do you need to "kill off all the exhaust crap"?? These systems work very nicely and the operating cost is very low. The truck has massive power for normal use and the emissions are very low. Why invite trouble by modding the truck if it does the job well to begin with?? Some of us, , , , , er, , , , , , most of us change wheels, tires, add lift kits and other mods to change the look but performance for everyday use is there from the factory.

first of all, im just askin how am i typing like im texting? i apologize for not punctuating and capitalizing, i was unaware this was english 101 buddy. and second of all no, i am not building a racing and pulling truck, just figured i can do without the emissions equipment that hasnt been really tried and true yet in the light duty vehicles. the regen issues with the 6.4. etc. third. im 17. what that has to do with the say i speak, write or type, im not really sure. and last.. making sure i have a conclusion for you because you seem bent on breaking down my linguistic skills, im new to the 6.0, 6.4, 6.7 era of diesels. i still dont even know much about a 7.3 but enough to do what i see fit or to fix something. and i see it fit to remove emissions equipment to improve fuel mileage also, due to the fact the truck would be a walk in utility hauling about 14,000 pounds of weight day in and day out.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nthorseman View Post
All the whining about the emissions gear does not make sense.

Our trucks are stock with a ton of power...that's what ruins the mileage...the emissions gear make for cleaner air where it would otherwise be difficult to breathe...that's a clean air good health agenda...don't be intellectually lazy and blame the 'liberals' or the 'bureaucrats' or even the tree huggers (guess what, they drove out to the forest to save that tree)...blame expanding flatulant populations with voracious appetites for fuel and other natural resources that selfishly won't moderate themselves...the emission deleters are prime examples...

Aye...flame suit and force field engaged...
Wow. I've been reading a lot on this site the last few days and this is probably the best, no BS post I've seen so far.

Kudos sir.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:45 AM

regardless of where i stand on emissions equipment, id like to delete it, only due to the fact that for the time being it isnt tried and true in the real world. the regen issues my buddy has had with his 6.4, as well as other people with job1 trucks. i cant have the truck down for one day. not even one. the truck cant go down for quite a while. and having it down at the dealership for a day or two for some kind of bug that can be flashed out in 15 minutes is just costing me more as the truck is out of commission. id like to delete it, as problems arise, or before, as a preventative measure. thats all. im not some stupid kid looking to do this to blow smoke and piss off my neighbors. im doing this to a truck that is going to make me money day in and day out and i cant afford for it to go down. maybe i should say to hell with the 6.7 and go with my father and get a 7.3. something thats tried and true in the real world.. im not putting down the 6.7 by any means. i like them and want one. but im skeptical about the first year engine and all the (new) 08 and up emissions equipment
Old 04-11-2011, 02:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by navistardiesel View Post
regardless of where i stand on emissions equipment, id like to delete it, only due to the fact that for the time being it isnt tried and true in the real world. the regen issues my buddy has had with his 6.4, as well as other people with job1 trucks. i cant have the truck down for one day. not even one. the truck cant go down for quite a while. and having it down at the dealership for a day or two for some kind of bug that can be flashed out in 15 minutes is just costing me more as the truck is out of commission. id like to delete it, as problems arise, or before, as a preventative measure. thats all. im not some stupid kid looking to do this to blow smoke and piss off my neighbors. im doing this to a truck that is going to make me money day in and day out and i cant afford for it to go down. maybe i should say to hell with the 6.7 and go with my father and get a 7.3. something thats tried and true in the real world.. im not putting down the 6.7 by any means. i like them and want one. but im skeptical about the first year engine and all the (new) 08 and up emissions equipment
Using our products you will be able to remove all the restrictive emissions equipment, including the Urea system. Be advised though that if you want to do the deletes, these products are designed for offroad or emissions exempt vehicles. We cannot condone using them in any other fashion. If you are looking for a simple horsepower bump, there are quite a few devices on the market to accommodate you.

Don't let these guys get you down. We have many many happily tuned 6.7L powerstrokes across the world. Many of which are in the same situation as yours. This is a work truck, and needs to perform without the worry of a failure that could have been prevented. If you want more horsepower, go for it! Many say "stock is enough power, why would you want more". Well, $100,000/ year is a lot of money, why would anyone want more? There is a huge market for aftermarket performance parts, and always will be. Whether it be our product or anyone else's, it is your truck and do with it what you please. What fun would this forum be if everyone just left their trucks stock!
Old 04-11-2011, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Damn LOL I guess I don't stand a Chance LOL My Spelling and Grammer Sux HAHAHAHA

I want to be 32 again LOL thats when I was a Lady Killer :~) all down hill from there LOL

When people Keep usen stuff Like "LOL" that drives me Crazy How about You LOL :~)

Last edited by Lead Foot; 04-11-2011 at 07:50 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowdoc View Post

Some of us, , , , , er, , , , , , most of us change wheels, tires, add lift kits and other mods to change the look but performance for everyday use is there from the factory.

Are you building some kind of compitition truck for off roading?

Why would you want to ruin the suspension of a 50k+ truck?

Now for the big question. . . . . . . Are you a hypocrit?

Don't need a flame suit, I'm naturally immune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.