how are the new 6.7's - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2011, 07:24 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
how are the new 6.7's

hey guys just curious to know how the 6.7s are, took a run by the local ford/dodge lot. yes they sell cummins and powerstrokes on the same lot, and dmaxes across the street lol but i was wondering how the 6.7's are holding up. my fathers interested in trading his 03 cummins in for one, but he's leary about the first year engine, and the DEF and all that. he loves his 03 because he can get in and drive and he doesnt worry about chit with it. its never needed an ounce of work done to it. im just wondering how the power of it is, how it holds up in daily driving, is it like the 6.0 where you gotta "excercise" the turbo? hows the fuel mileage and hows it respond to a tune. i dont know too much about the new diesels and the emissions and whatnot. i got a 99 cummins and as probably a few of you know ive been tryin to get rid of it for a powerstroke too lol. i got like 10 threads goin talkin about a trade i lined up. any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2011, 09:51 PM

At 20,000 mi tons of power,very quite,very smooth,very refined,very comfy,17 city-20 hwy and very handsome ........0 trip to the dealership
Can you tell I love this truck
Old 04-06-2011, 05:03 AM

Bought mine back in December. I only have 3700 mi thus far. So far, I LOVE it. This is my first diesel so I did tons of research before buying. I am still confident that I made the right decision.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:06 AM

As far as power it feels as strong as my 06 5.9 did with a programmer. Rides alot better and fuel mileage is 16 mixed and 19 hwy.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:51 AM

hm. i think hell spring for one for the fleet now that im thinkin about it. im gonna be outa school soon and into the workforce, and hes not gonna be givin me a truck lol but hes joining his 3 man crew with another plumbin crew so.. we might have a new 6.7 in the driveway soon. XL all work and no play
Old 04-06-2011, 11:09 AM

Very pleased with mine so far....only 200 miles on it though.

Based on the number of posts in the "problems" forum, I think Ford did their homework on the in house 6.7. However, the motor is still very new to the market. Ford needs this motor to erase past 6.0 and 6.4 issues (both real and perceived) if they want to stay in the diesel game.

Last edited by tjbrowder; 04-06-2011 at 11:19 AM.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:31 AM

what was the problem with the 6.4s? other than chit mileage and crap injectors? i heard if you tuned em right they were good to go? cause i just looked at one for myself down at the lot.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:44 AM

Love mine. Engine runs great. Mine has the 3.73 gears......15-16 highway and around town. If I slow down form 75/80 to 60, it'll get 16-17 highway.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:15 PM

checked some XL'S out at the commercial lot excab long bed f250, stripped is 48,500 went over to the ford/ dodge lot and excab short bed xlt with some options is like 45. gonna build one on ford.com and see what the price tag comes out to be. i mean the 48k seemed high since my neighbor bought an 11 cclb 350 king ranch for 68k..
Old 04-07-2011, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ups 6.0 View Post
At 20,000 mi tons of power,very quite,very smooth,very refined,very comfy,17 city-20 hwy and very handsome ........0 trip to the dealership
Can you tell I love this truck
Ditto....
a little over 46,000 miles...engine is starting to sound like its loosening up. Gobs of power, from stop to giving it the juice at about any highway speed. Pick your mileage with your right foot...

Still a magnet for people who like trucks, pulls my RV well...best truck I have owned..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.