Looking at 6.7s? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2011, 04:58 PM
Strokin'

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Looking at 6.7s?

Aight guys here it is. Im looking at 2011s now and I want to hear from some of the guys that own them on what they think of them. I would be trading in my 04 F350 DRW for one if I decide to go ahead with it and selling my 2010 Camaro also so i come out with one new 2011. I also looked at the 2011 D-maxes just to see what they have to offer. Only thing i liked about them was how easy the engine compartment looked compared to fords crammed design as i like to be able to work on things myself if its wiithin my range.

My questions are how much of a pain in the a$$ is the urea and how often does it have to be filled? Cost of the urea? and The best place to buy it? I would be getting a crew cab DRW and also wanna know what kind of mileage you guys are seeing that have the DRW with 4x4?

If anyone has pulled a goosneck with it i would also like to know how it does pulling. I have a 30 footer rated at 24,500 lbs. This truck will be seeing quite a few 28,000lbs + gross weight pulls as it will be used for work. But also double as a family vehicle since i now have two kids and a wife. And i will not be able to get another vehicle until the end of the year.

Thanks for all responses
Zack
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2011, 06:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
From my swift look at a dmax forum it looks like they use more urea.... That's all I can comment on.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:10 PM

Before I did a DPF delete on mine it used 6 gallons of urea in 6 thousand miles. i bought mine from Ford. In stock form pulling 30k pounds of hay it was a joke. Unloaded it was decent for power but the mileage was little to be desired. Since I did the H&S delete the truck pulls awesome and not to mention I love to 20 mpg's! You'll like to Ford don't let the engine compartment scare ya. Its a lot of plastic covering up the engine to make it look pretty.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:13 PM

I'll make a quick post and feel free to PM me for more questions. I just got my 11' F350 4x4 crew cab dually. I traded in my 08' GMC dually with 70k miles. I had an 05' F350, 00' F350, 98' Dodge Cummins, 04' Dodge Cummins. This is by far the best Diesel I ever owned as of today! I have almost 1k miles. I pulled my 5k boat with it ,,, no problem. I pulled a Bobcat T250 with it this past Thursday. I would say the trailer, cat and attachments went around 15-16k. NO problem. This truck is a machine STOCK! I love this truck. Comparing the Chevy to the Ford, I would say this. The Duramax and allison are a nice combo, but the rest of the truck is weak. Yes, GM has a whole new frame design but I just felt like a was in a car with a truck motor. The interior is boring and the Ford interior is amazing. To me,,,,, there's no comparison. As far as mileage, no way to even tell. I averaged 13 on the first couple hundred miles with mixed driving. I averaged 9.1 pulling the bobcat. Those were both hand calculated. I'm currently averaging around 15 on the computer dash on this tank. The truck is brand new and I feel it should get better as it breaks in. Hopefully others will give more feedback. If I had to do it all over again,,,, I wouldn't do anything different! The urea is cheap. Around $3 to $4 a gallon and I think you'll use around 5 to 7 gallons per 5,000 miles depending on the amount of towing. Hope some of this helps.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:32 PM
Strokin'

Its all been a help so far. I love everything about the ford between the interior, the looks, and that ford is the one making the motor in it now. Only reason I was entertaining the chevy was because a buddy of mine knows the owner of a local chevy dealer. Im pretty sure my mind is made up on a ford but just wanted to get some input from the guys that actually own one. Hopefully gonna test drive one tomorrow and talk prices and see what happens. Thanks again for the input and anymore input would even be better.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:24 PM

I would keep the SS if you could
Old 04-02-2011, 04:06 AM
Strokin'

I would if I could believe me. I've weighed all the options and I just can't finance 30,000. I need to start saving some money. If I trade the truck in and sell the camaro I can almost be even with what the truck I want will cost me.
Old 04-02-2011, 05:31 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have almost 50k on mine. The engine is actually starting to sound like it might be loosening up a bit. I pull my 18k gooseneck adapted fifth wheel, last pull was 1300 miles, 65-75 mph...

I pulled an 8500 lb rv about 1600 miles, topped off the def tank before I left, took almost 1 gallon of def when topped off at the end of the trip.

Lots of torque...smoked my first set (didn't like the continentals), wasn't proud of my second set....I am on the third set, am babying it, locking up the rear end (avoiding spinning the right rear) when taking off quick...gonna make this set last!!!

You can easily adjust your mileage with driving changes.
Good luck....
Old 04-02-2011, 09:35 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Unloaded...2 1/2 gallons of urea at about 8000 mi. I'm at 20,000 mi now and average 17 mpg/city,20 mpg/hwy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.