"MAN, I can't tell I'm even pulling anything!" - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2011, 12:38 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
"MAN, I can't tell I'm even pulling anything!"

Over the years, we've all heard that saying about someone's truck. Well, I've owned them all (99' Dodge cummins, 2000 7.3, 2005 6.0, 2006 cummins, 2008 Duramax) and I could never honestly say that,,,,,,,,,,, until now!!!!! I just picked up my 2011 F350 crew cab 4x4 and I pulled with it this weekend. Wow, this truck is truly amazing! The boat only weighs about 4k but I can say,,, "I couldn't even tell it was back there!!!" Thursday I will be pulling a T250 Bobcat and I'll let you know how it does! Anyone else feel the same!?
Here's a few quick pics with the iphone-
previous truck:

new truck

towing

Last edited by schillster1; 03-29-2011 at 12:48 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2011, 02:04 PM

I know what you mean.The first thing I pulled was my other truck on a trailer across a mountain.Didin't slow it down any.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I agree! I have a 30' TT toy hauler about 11k loaded and the new truck was just amazing to pull it with. Very pleased.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:54 PM

I agree, but it does make you think a little when your kinda sleepy and you forget its back there! One thought for those who complain about the low turbo psi or high altitude power problems is: The engine will be MORE RELIABLE Heck I have pulled over 8000 ft. passes with a 19,000 lb trailer and 55 mph is fine with me.. I will more than make up the time on the flats. I would say for the working man Ford got it almost perfect!! Sorry to go off subject a bit but seems we need more positive posts like yours
Old 03-29-2011, 06:27 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYCO View Post
I agree, but it does make you think a little when your kinda sleepy and you forget its back there! One thought for those who complain about the low turbo psi or high altitude power problems is: The engine will be MORE RELIABLE Heck I have pulled over 8000 ft. passes with a 19,000 lb trailer and 55 mph is fine with me.. I will more than make up the time on the flats. I would say for the working man Ford got it almost perfect!! Sorry to go off subject a bit but seems we need more positive posts like yours
I agree 100%. I love pulling stuff around with this thing. The other day I loaded 8 pallets of sodium chloride on the trailer in my pic just to see how it would do. The truck definitely felt that 27,100lbs but it did it with grace and confidence. Ford did a great job.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I purchased a 18k fifth wheel, took a friend with me to pick it up... (he drove a dodge 3500 5.9 4x4). When we hit the freeway he was blown away, he was the one saying, "Man, this truck DON'T even know it has a load." He stated his dodge would not pull his lighter fifth wheel like this...it would overheat...
I pulled my 8500 lb 33 foot bumper pull, it definitely didn't feel like it was back there...
Old 04-02-2011, 10:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

A few weeks after I got it I pulled my friends chevy to the shop with a 20ft bumper pull, and there were a couple of times we got to talking and I literally forgot it was back there.
Just the other day I pulled a 9K bobcat and I could feel it but it was like I was pulling an empty trailer or something.
I could pull my wifes little car with my dodge and it had a hard time.... Not this truck.

I would love to pull something really heavy with it, just to see how it does.
anyone need some heavy equipment moved?
Old 04-04-2011, 07:00 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have to agree as well, it handles towing very nicely.

We had our 26 boat hooked up and its engine that was 1100lbs in the bed and it was like nothing was there at all.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I know the new trucks are nice, but I have trouble believing that a Cummins had trouble pulling a wife's car. Gimme a break.

Also pulling a <18k lb fifth wheel and overheating. Sounds like he needs to do maintenance.

I drive a 6.7 Cummins and it is very strong. With exhaust and a tuner and a stock clutch (limiting my boost), it makes 915 rw ftlbs.

This post is not to knock the new Ford trucks. I think they are good.

Anyone saying a Cummins struggled with 5k lbs or less.... Something isn't right.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:44 AM

Ok, I pulled a good load last week. I would say that it was around 15-16k. The truck did amazing! I can't believe how well this truck pulls and how relaxing it it to pull with this truck! The only crazy thing I noticed was when I took off on the gravel, up a hill, the truck made a grinding sound as I started to push the accelerator. Didn't sound very good but I think it's the same thing some others have experienced under a heavier load. Anyways,,,,, I LOVE THIS TRUCK!
Pulling the boat

pulling the Bobcat

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.