Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

New here. Have a few questions about my 6.7

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  richc22a 
#1 ·
Hi all!

Im new here and this place seems awesome. I have a 2011 F350 6.7 Lariat and LOVE IT!!!!! Just a few questions for all the experts on here:

1. I have noitced a clicking noise when from the engine area when the vehicle warms up. Just curious about what it is??

2. Can you use shell rotella T in the 6.7??

3. Is there any way to remove the front spoiler and the annoying safety plates underneith??

4. What is a good front end leveling kit to get?? and if I got one would I have to add a leaf to the rear??

Thank you all in advance:thumb:

#2 ·
First off, welcome to the org.

1. Clicking noise could be the EGR valve opening and closing. Hard to say, I don't hear it on mine, but I've never listened.

2. As long as the oil is within the specified weights listed in the manual, you can use it. I use either Rotella T or Motorcraft. I have oil analysis done and have never noticed a difference between brands.

3. The front air dam just bolts on but there is a very ugly chrome lip that becomes visible if you do. It has bolt holes in it and isn't meant to be seen. Best bet is either cut yours down or order an 08-09 air dam as they are shorter.

4. Somebody else will chime in.

#4 ·
Thank you very much for the response. For the air dam, there are these two metal thin plates that hang down, im wondering if anyone has taken them off?

#3 ·
For your third question either cut your current one or order one off a 2wd truck, they are alot shorter than the 4wd air dam. I'm pretty sure the 08-09 Air dams will not bolt up.

#7 ·
Get the Ready Lift SST. You can lift the front and back and it is easy to install.

#9 ·
Depending on if you tow get the kit that gives an extra 2 inchs in rear for towing. Look on YouTube for "Ford super duty ready lift" there are some good videos

#11 ·
Aren't you talking about an actual lift kit? I (and the OP I believe) were more interested in LEVELLING KITS to get the front ride height to match the rear. Are you saying that if you tow, a levelling kit isn't a good idea? Also curious to figure out how much of an advantage the Stage 2 kit is over the Stage 1 kit. Thanks, JC

#10 ·
Thank you superdave267

#12 ·
You can get a leveling kit but if you tow you may want air bags otherwise you will sag in the back. As fat as leveling kits go I'm not sure of difference between stage one and two. I know readylift has several different types of lifts and leveling kits.

#13 ·
:ORG welcome: and congrats on your new truck. I put the readylift stage II on mine and am happy with the way it sits and drives:thumb:

#14 ·
Thank you and nice TRUCK!!:thumb:

#16 ·
clicking..... F 350, possibly the vacumn pump. They changed mine out before realizing that the clicking/rattle was normal. If that is the noise....you won't get it on the F 250, as the F 350 has a different braking system. Just maybe.....the vacumn pump....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.