Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

My god, I must be RETARDED

26K views 174 replies 70 participants last post by  4x4ord 
#1 ·
I can't believe I am stuck with ANOTHER POS Ford. I must be retarded. This truck is a complete joke!!!! Power??? not a chance. This thing can't even manage a little hill. Seriously.. couple hundred pounds in the back ( 400-500) and i am being passed up the hill by everything out there. Pedal on the floor and this thing won't go over 110km/h ( 60mph). 9000km, rust already on the running boards, doors whistle when you are on the high way, been to shop twice, seems that reverse is option to Ford, Transfer case, well I guess I didn't really need that to work, can't wash it without puddles inside truck, truck is all over the road, steering wanders increadibly bad. *** end is already sagged about 2". I haven't even had any loads behind it or in the back yet!!

I will be contacting Ford in the tomorrow. I can't believe I was F'in stupid enough to buy another Ford. This is almost as big of a joke as my 6L was. I really don't understand how people can be so blinded by brand loyalty to not see what a big chunck of &*&^% these things are. If I could get my money back out of it, I would take my old Dodge back in a heart beat.

It started every day, tonns of power, road rough, but never let me down.

I can't believe I fell for their "this truck has all the problems fixed" line of BS again. 6.0L --Crap. 6.4L, " we fixed all the problems this time" turned out to be just about as bad as the 6.0L. Who actually only runs an engine for 2 years, and convinces people that there is nothing wrong, and come and buy another one.

What an F'in joke. FORD YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe I was that stupid.

See less See more
#2 ·
did you not test drive it.

#5 ·
I am sorry you are having all of those problems. I am on my 4Th Ford pickup and I have to say they have all been good ones. My last two were a 7.3 diesel which was excellent in quality and the present 6.7. I put 165000 miles on the 7.3 pulling most of the time a 5TH wheel and a horse trailer. I have a 2011 6.7 with 7500 miles and none of the issues you are describing. I have to think if you truly have all of those issues the Ford company would take care of them. The dealer and Ford want to have good repor with their customers so don't give up just go back to the dealer or a different one,they will take care of your problems. I love my new truck and the quality therof.:)

#7 ·
I can't believe that a person so happy with their Dodge didn't show any brand loyalty and went out and bought a Ford. I switched to Ford from GM because my last GM had more than its share of issues. As poor as my GM was I still much preferred it over my stinky noisy rough riding uncomfortable but trouble free '99 Dodge.

#8 ·
Thats so weird. You just described my old Dodge down to the last detail.

#9 ·
I agree , you are retarded . Now go away . :icon_ford::icon_ford::icon_ford::icon_ford::icon_ford::icon_ford::icon_ford::thumb::hehe::hehe:

#10 ·
Yep, you sound retarded to me. Go back to compdiesel, I bet they miss you.

#11 ·
Wow, some of you guys really get your panties in a bunch when someone speaks the truth. 9000lbs, really, you call that a load for a 1 ton? guess my trucks actually do some work.

400-500lbs, in the back, really? again, you think this is loaded for a 1 ton? interesting.

You cut me down, because I will not just bend over and take it from Ford, wow, Ford is lucky to have some of you to keep payin their bills.

I am not brand loyal to anyone. I was looking to improve on my Dodge, It rode rough, definalty a lumber wagon, but it was dependable with lots of power. This Ford was supposed to have lots of power as well, guess I was wrong.

WTF is compdiesel?

It seems that unless you come on here and praise Ford for producing yet another joke of an engine, you must not know anything. Guys like you also thought the earth was flat. Maybe you guys and Mike Row have a little thing going on? he seems to be spewing alot of the same stuff.

I bet if you go back in the forum, you will find guys like you praising the 6.0L, and the 6.4L. Look at how those worked out. Chev has had the Dmax for how long? Dodge, well if they were like Ford, they would have a new engine by now.

Face it, Christ isn't building these things, and Quality isn't high on Fords list.

This may be better than the Fords of the past, but lets face it, besides the 7.3L, the bar really wasn't set very high.

To those who have actually offered helpfull advice to me so far, I thank you. Unfortunatly, my days with this truck are probablly numbered. Don't know what will be next, but I think this one is a losing cause. May be it is just a bad one, again, my dealer has one more shot at it, but I am not holding out much hope.

I was truely hopefull that this would be a decent truck. It test drove great, but 9000km, and 2.5 months later, nto looking good.

#12 · (Edited)
The problem is the way you come on here . If you have legit complaints fine but you are on a Ford truck forum . There are lemons in every brand but to come on and say every Ford is junk because you are having a bad experience is crazy . I am Ford loyal but it is because every Ford I have had has been Great . I on the other hand have had terrible luck with the other two turds . Sounds like if you are really having all these problems you got a bad truck . I haven't driven a new 6.7 so I can't really say but every report on them I have read has been great other than yours and 2 others . I have read hundreds because I want one .

#13 ·
The problem is the way you come on here . If you have legit complaints fine but you are on a Ford truck forum . There are lemons in every brand but to come on and say every Ford is junk because you are having a bad experience . I am Ford loyal but it is because every Ford I have had has been Great . I on the other hand have had terrible luck with the other two turds .
Well said! :thumb: I havent had one problem with my truck from day one. With over 50k on it there hasnt been one issue. Hope it gets worked out for you! If it dont ill buy your truck :popcorn2:

#15 ·
Exactly , that is a ton of issues . If you have that many keep documentation , keep bugging the sh t outta the dealer and get it handled .

What is the red car in your sig Mikey's250 . I pride myself on being able to recognize a car with very little of it showing but I am at a loss . Wheels look like a Challenger .... Nah , what the heck is it .

#16 ·
yea man i got a 2004 6.0 and i dont have a problem with is at all and i would put it up against your 99 dodge anyday of the week. but just some advice. If you are going to hate on fords you might want to get off the ford fourm here and go try your luck on a dodge fourm. but have you ever thought that if YOU have all these problem it could be because of YOU! but you wont get far on here talking the way your talking.

#18 ·
How old are you, out of curiousity? You can't spell. You sound like a high schooler that can't spell unless it's short hand text messages. Did your daddy buy you a truck or is this a work truck that you drove once or twice?

9,000 lbs is an average sized load. How many miles have YOU PERSONALLY put on the truck?

I support talking about your real world experiences but I can't help but feel that you are out to bash Ford, no matter what.

Have a good day, Troll.

#19 · (Edited)
Well , that was my next guess , I was just googling them to look at the wheels . Tell her i am sorry . haha .
It's funny how much that section of it showing resembles an 83 - 92 Camaro . The funny part is I originally thought it was an older Camaro or Firebird but then I was like no big rear glass though .

#20 ·
Well , that was my next guess , I was just googling them to look at the wheels .
I hear ya. It does kinda look like a challenger in my sig from that body line on the rear quarter. My household is all chevys except mine, step dads got a 94 blazer,moms camaro and little sister has a cruze, no dodges for us.

#21 ·
At least you got it right :hehe: . No Dodges here ever again . My last 2 sucked 1996 2500 Cummins and 2006 300c with a Hemi . Both were crap especially the 300 .

#22 ·
I'm 35.

No one else drives my trucks. My wife every now and then, but this is my work truck. I put on about 50-60k per year. Been solid for lat 8-10 years.

I manage an oilfield services company in Alberta Canada. yes it is a work truck and it is mine. Pretty arogant of you to ask if my dad bought it. Is that how you got yours? Do you have a job?

Thats my wife and kids in my avitar Don't know where you got high school from? sorry if my spelling offends some. Too many years with spell check and a secretary.

Can't help the fact that there is prpblems with the truck. I am very nice to my vehicles. Always clean, oil changes on time, but they have to work. I didn't buy a 1 ton because I thought it was cool. I spend 20 hours a week in my truck.

#23 ·
You cut me down, because I will not just bend over and take it from Ford, wow, Ford is lucky to have some of you to keep payin their bills.
Thats why the government spent 17.4 billion dollars to bail out gm and chrysler and they didnt have to spend a dime on ford.........Obviously they are doing something right.........Why would you join a powerstroke forum when you care nothing about them. My dodge sucked a**. i guess you liked the torn seats, cracked dash, rough riding sob of a truck. i would hate to ride 60,000 a year in that crap. When you hit a bump you have to make sure all the interior components are still intact........why dont you join a dodge forum. i am by no means saying my 6.0 is perfect but i mean sounds to me like you bought a lemon :doh:

#24 ·
Ok to the OP. Sounds like you have an issue with the truck that a dealer needs to check out. All brands have a truck or two that is just not right. So before you dial out a ford give them a chance to make it right. Mine break all the time. They are just the trucks I like. But take it to a deal, tell them whats going on and I bet you have a random issue that can be fixed easily

#26 ·
it sounds like a lemon so get it takin care of and itd be a great truck we are on here because we are brand loyal

but then again no one is stopping you from going and getting your lumber wagon back

#29 ·
My truck holds 6th gear going up 6.5% with 10,000lbs at 65mph. I've never experienced a lack of power as the OP stated.

#31 ·
Seriously.. couple hundred pounds in the back ( 400-500) and i am being passed up the hill by everything out there. Pedal on the floor and this thing won't go over 110km/h ( 60mph). If I could get my money back out of it, I would take my old Dodge back in a heart beat.

What an F'in joke. FORD YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe I was that stupid.[/QUOTE]

Funny you say the dodge had all the power you needed cause if you go on cummins forum some of the guys there have issues making it up hills with light loads with there 10+ 6.7 cummins and say how the ford and chevy do better.

#32 ·
Dodge lost the ball when they dropped the 5.9.thats how up on my game i am,I Know this I also Know Duramax Is a Freaking Great motor,I also Know Cummins is Awesome But Rapped in a Turd LOL

Ford,Everybody ,well most everybody Knows ford has the Stronger frame,Up till Now,ford also has the best Front end of the three,I love the SFA,But Dodge has the Dredded Death Wobble,Yes Some Fords also But Dodge Rules in the Death Wobble game LOL

So all things said,IF ford has Hit a Home run with this new motor,The Ford will be The Top Dog,and Best Buy!,,The way i see it all the New Ford Needs is a better turbo..More air,and Better fuel pump for better pressure...this to support Modding "High performance builds" Stock she is fine ....

Praying for a Flame blue F350 in 2012 :~)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.